ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question About Relationship: Nigeria Spouse

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

debooy2
United Kingdom

Question About Relationship: Nigeria Spouse

Post by debooy2 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:51 pm

Earlier this year, I met(in person and in Nigeria) my fincee and that was just after she applied for a 2 year visa to visit UK. So since we hadn'tmet before the application she said she had no one in the UK.

When she was granted the visa and on her visit she visited me.

We are now preparing for our wedding at the end of the year and later application for her to settle in the UK. What bearing would this have on our application?

Would the Home Offiice think she was deceptive in her application for visiting visa?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Question About Relationship: Nigeria Spouse

Post by seagul » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:18 pm

She can't marry when on visit visa in UK.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

debooy2
United Kingdom

Post by debooy2 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:12 pm

seagul wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:18 pm
She can't marry when on visit visa in UK.
We are not getting married with visit visa... I was asking if they won't ask questions regarding her visit visa application when she said she had no one in UK?

smarter1
United Kingdom

Post by smarter1 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:28 pm

If you will properly explain this on the application form when you apply for a spouse visa - there should be no problems. They may well ask any questions, difficult to predict.