ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU1 form submitted - Instructions letter

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Zineb93
Newly Registered
Ireland

EU1 form submitted - Instructions letter

Post by Zineb93 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:08 pm

Hi,

I am non-EU citizen and joined my husband (French) on 22 of September in Dublin. We sent the EU1 form on Monday 16 of October (we were waiting for some papers). The EUTR Division received it on Wedneysday 18. I guess the next step is to just wait for their response, right?

My question is how much time does it take for the EUTR Division to send the instructions letter to the applicant? We have booked an appointment at Burgh Quay office online for late November just in case, hoping we would receive the letter before that date (knowing that it is hard to book an appointment).

Also, in case the EUTR Division does not send the instructions letter on time, what should I do to stay with my husband, since the stamp on my passport mentions permission to stay in Ireland until 22 December 2017? I am worried about the idea that we won't receive the letter on time.

Any experience?

Thank you!

NiallPP
Ireland

Re: EU1 form submitted - Instructions letter

Post by NiallPP » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:42 pm

So long as you have submitted your EU1 form you are fine, you are legally entitled to remain here, you can ignore the stamp. You can relax, my husband's visa had expired by the time we went for our GNIB appointment (EU1 form was sent in a week before visa expiration), it was not an issue at all.

We got our letter about 2 weeks after submitting the application (this was just a few weeks ago) and the appointment system was very frustrating but we got a last minute appointment for the next day. I'd highly recommend downloading the GNIB app if you have a smartphone or tablet.. they have a notification feature that will alert you if new last minute appointments are available. Regardless of what is written on their site, new last minute appointments are released at various times of day or night (we got ours around midnight the night before!)

Best of luck with it!

Zineb93
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Zineb93 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:20 pm

Hi ! Thank you very much. I'm so relieved now :)

Shannon47
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Shannon47 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:29 am

"We got our letter about 2 weeks after submitting the application (this was just a few weeks ago) and the appointment system was very frustrating but we got a last minute appointment for the next day."

If you don't mind me asking, which appointment did you select on the website? Did you choose "join family" or "permission letter?" I am applying as a Non-EU citizen with an EU citizen husband (non-Irish). I can't find this info anywhere!

Thanks in advance :)

Shannon

NiallPP
Ireland

Post by NiallPP » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:53 pm

Hi Shannon,

I think we chose 'permission letter' in the end but I agree it was a little unclear to us too!

Good luck with yours!

Shannon47
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Shannon47 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:18 pm

Thank you so much, Niall!!!

tds
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by tds » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:22 pm

Hi,

I am experiencing similar problem. I submitted eu1 form on september 2018 and since then i haven't receive any update on my application. does anyone could tell me how long it takes for emigration office to reply ? I know that the mail was delivered I also try to send them an email but all I got is automatic response.