ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No update @ HO

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zimbo_100
Newly Registered

Post by zimbo_100 » Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:51 pm

yeah but we know what they're not doing... processing HSMP applications. Does anyone know how to withdraw an application and get your originals back given that it is impossible to phone or e-mail the HSMP team?
i applied end of June and am beginning to give up hope that they will ever get past processing June 7th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:30 pm

zimbo_100 wrote:yeah but we know what they're not doing... processing HSMP applications. Does anyone know how to withdraw an application and get your originals back given that it is impossible to phone or e-mail the HSMP team?
i applied end of June and am beginning to give up hope that they will ever get past processing June 7th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont know what on earth is going on at HO. No progress on HSMP in over a Month.

FLR - 2 days progress in over a month

We cannot attribute the slowness to 'Urgent Treatment' as the x-mas period is long gone!!

My advise is that all those who can apply for 'Urgent Treatment' - just go for it!!!

Unfortunately HSMP is gradually aproaching a hault. Ho just cant keep up with number of applications. By Autumn 2005, waiting time will be 1 year :roll:
Where there is a will there is a way.

paresh1

Disgusting processing date

Post by paresh1 » Mon Jan 17, 2005 8:25 pm

Looking at the current processing date, it looks like HO is taking everybody for a ride. I am really scared about fate of our original documents. I have applied thru' a consultant with a heavy consultation fees. Does anybody know whether I can get my agency fees and 150 GBP back in case I decide to withdraw my application.

gunjans

Post by gunjans » Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:26 am

Checkmate wrote: My advise is that all those who can apply for 'Urgent Treatment' - just go for it!!!
Hi Checkmate,

Can u plz tell, what do u mean by 'Urgent Treatment'

TIA
-GS

zombie1979
Newly Registered

Post by zombie1979 » Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:10 am

This is just the oddest.Is there a way of getting in touch with the person(s) responsible for HSMP processing times and telling them of our difficulties and frustrations.
I am quite surprised that they dont even have a feedback page on which we can send them feedback about the procedure.

Frankly,writing on the newsgroups or forums is more of a stress releaser rather than actually getting our points across and trying to improve the process.

kumar78

Post by kumar78 » Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:14 am

Paresh,
--------
I am afraid you will not get any refund from home office, you need to check your consulation agency policy as well. They must have made some agreement with you on paper.

Gungens,
----------
The urgent treatment status can be obtained by getting a job offer from any employer in UK and faxing that offer to HO with your HSMP ID. If I remember well then your application need to be 8 weeks old at least to be put into urgent queue along with the job offer.

I know like myself many of you are worried about their original documents which are assets of many years hard work.

I hope it will help.

sergio39

Post by sergio39 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:56 am

7 JUNE !!!!! :oops:

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:33 am

These guyz arent serious :roll:

http://www.workingintheuk.gov.uk/workin ... rvice.html

7th June for two months

Has there been a change of policy at HO (i.e stuck up applications and then charge £315 for a poor service).

Delays for FLR as well. 7th October.

BTW, if FLR-IED is refused and you have been in the country for say 6 months more in excess of your initial 1 year - cant you get these guyz sued for messing up your plans) :o

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:17 pm

sergio39 wrote:7 JUNE !!!!! :oops:
Guyz,

Do you think that over 2500 applications were recieved on 7th June or are the guyz at HO using a different Calendar?

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:08 pm

It really is puzzling why they are still on 7th June for HSMP and 7th October for FLR, or maybe why they have not updated these two. It would be interesting to see how many people are actually waiting for their papers. One thing they should do is to update the waiting periods, from 26 weeks to 36 weeks, and from 13 weeks to 17 weeks, 36weeks is really a long time its getting close to 9 months waiting. And to think some people are getting replies when they don’t actually want them (some January applicants)

lynn132

Post by lynn132 » Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:09 pm

I've seen at least one app in the database for the spreadsheet from June 7 - a decision was made and it's being appealed. There are 15000 applications, judging from the reference numbers since June 7, and many after that have received a decision.

zombie1979
Newly Registered

Post by zombie1979 » Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:28 am

Hello everyone,
I got an extremely prompt(within 1 day) reply to my query on the processing time.Its a pity the answer is too vague.However I am posting it here for the benefit of the board members.If people can get some insight from this,could you kindly share it with the forum members.

Thanks
Zombie

> To: HSMP
> Subject: Not processing applications anymore?
>
> Hello,
>
> The processing date on the website is June 07.It has been this way
> since 23 Dec 2004.A lot of applicants in December 04 and Jan 05 have
> got their cases processed.Can you please clarify on your website why
> this is so?I am a July applicant and have been waiting anxiously for
> my results.
>
> Thanks and regards
>XXXXX

Response:

Workpermits, HSMP to me
Dear Applicant,

Our service levels are currently being reviewed, when this has been
completed the website will be updated.

Kind Regards,

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:02 am

zombie1979 wrote: Workpermits, HSMP to me
Dear Applicant,

Our service levels are currently being reviewed, when this has been
completed the website will be updated.
Check the WP (UK) business plan for 2004/2005. They have new targets as of 01/10/04.

What this actually means is that they can literary 'stuff' applications recieved before October 04 as they would not affect there service standards/targets

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:40 am

Congratulations there Zombie for being so bold to ask them that question, i think a lot of us are afraid to ask the question, it will be interesting to see what the to see what the review is going to show. I suspect they are going to have a two ‘tier’ update system like they had sometime last year on FLR applicants, e.g those who applied before say 1st Dec 04 and those who applied after 1st Dec 04 (i for one might be tempted to withdraw my application and to reapply even though it might set meback £150) really is very disappointing and rather unproffesional. I wonder why they could not put that statement that said to you in the reply, on the update just as to reassure people that they are still working, I don think all this suspense they put us thru is really necessary

zombie1979
Newly Registered

Post by zombie1979 » Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:04 pm

Thanks for your replies,f2k and chess.
Chess,if what you say is correct,then October applicants should also have received some decisions by now.
I would say this is a rather unfair way of resolving things.They are penalising people who have sent in their applications early.
Is there some sort of a compaint /feedback mechanism for the HO?
I think we(pre-october 2004 applicants) need to make sure our voices are being heard.What do the other people on this group think?

gunjans

Post by gunjans » Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:08 pm

zombie1979 wrote:Thanks for your replies,f2k and chess.
Chess,if what you say is correct,then October applicants should also have received some decisions by now.
I would say this is a rather unfair way of resolving things.They are penalising people who have sent in their applications early.
Is there some sort of a compaint /feedback mechanism for the HO?
I think we(pre-october 2004 applicants) need to make sure our voices are being heard.What do the other people on this group think?
I think the same way as u think Zombie. But i have send so many mails but only automated response.
Called up so many time.......... always engaged or no directions.

So, tell me what is the other way???? :roll:

zombie1979
Newly Registered

Post by zombie1979 » Thu Feb 17, 2005 4:26 am

Hi Gunjans,
The HO is a goverment agency and there HAS to be a feedback mechanism(other than individual phone calls and emails).I will do some research on it myself and let the board know as well

Alternatively,I was thinking if someone on the board who has applied and has gone through a lawyer or if any lawyer/consultant is reading this,they can tell us some legal way of doing it.I think it is terribly unfair to all the applicants.
I dont even know how the media in the UK is going to react to this,but I think keeping in mind the upcoming elections ,this sort of "algorithm for selection" would be very interesting to the media.

There is an instance on these notice boards of some people applying in Feb and getting their approvals in 3-4 days.Now that in my book is discouraging to say the least.Also all of the June-Oct applicants have made their future plans according to what the HO said--13 weeks.
We have been more than patient and the HO has had ample time to rectify these things.They shouldn't just stop processing applications and they should do it in the order they are received in.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:58 am

Definitely agree with you there Zombie, let us know if you find that feedback mechanism. i wonder also if there are any In-country applicants from June - Nov who are still waiting. cause i fear that they seem to conviniently inconvinience people who went be able to do anything about it (out of county), i think if you are incountry there are a number of channels who could use to to complain, e.g your local MP

brave
Newly Registered

No update @ HO

Post by brave » Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:39 pm

I think of 2 choices:
1. Showing the solidarity(50-100 votes) and send a letter to HSMP HO showing our inconvenience.

Most of the applicants are very highly skilled. We all applied based on the 13-24 weeks timeline estimation from HO. But this is not being followed now. There will be short/long-term ongoing projects that cannot be toyed with. Resigning a company and making a move to UK is not easy.

votes can be proved by persons name and email address.
(obviously one cannot collect email address and names of 50-100 people just like that and hence it should be enough proof)

2. Get to the local newspapers - Metro or similar papers and ask them to write an article explaining the current process. Does anyone have friends or links to Metro or something similar?

Thanks,
Satish

zombie1979
Newly Registered

Post by zombie1979 » Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:00 am

I got this posting from Raghu's posting...
Could the moderators start a seperate thread for this discussion and link our discussions there as "What to do for June-Oct applicants".

Personally,I feel cheated with the kind of "Service" the HO is providing June -October applicants.

Quoting...
I applied in Oct 04 and have been worried as everyone else who has applied between June - Nov 04 on the state of affairs at HO.

I came across the following contact details for IND complaints and feedback unit.
------------------------------
Feedback and Complaints
We welcome feedback on our services. Please contact us if you have a comment or complaint. Our aim is continually to improve our service to all our customers.

You can email us on: ind.cu@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Or you can contact us in writing at:
IND Complaints and Customer Focus Unit
PO Box 1384
Croydon
CR9 3YJ
Or you can telephone or fax us on:
Tel: 0870 241 6523
Fax: 020 8760 4310
----------------------------------------------

We can all come up with various theories for the way applications are being processed or write/call/fax using the above contact points and REQUEST for an explaination.

IF there are enough enquires I am sure we will get to know what is going on and hopefully the 'June 7' date will change on the operational service announcements.

If someone has already written/spoken to HO at the above contact points, please share the details.

I think we deserve an answer, so please do write/fax/call HO and ask for an answer !! Just remember to be nice to them Wink

Cheers,
Raghu

dcguy
Newly Registered

Post by dcguy » Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:20 pm

Regarding the delay of the June - Nov applications, I think I know the answer. The HSMP team probably instituted their "ringfencing" policy, which my solictor who filed my application advised me about, albeit too late for me.

By ringfencing, HSMP catches up on their timelines by dividing their team into two sections. The first team concentrates on processing applications received after a certain date (which appears to be 1 Dec). A second team processes the "ringfenced" or backlogged applications, which appear to be the June thorugh November cases. As we have seen, this ringfencing has severly delayed the older applications. The HSMP team hasn't publicized this as it would, of couse, cause many of us to withdraw and resubmit our applications. I was waiting myself for this "ringfencing" to occur, but gave up in September and submitted my application then.

I hope this helps. Jeff

Cloudly
Newly Registered

Post by Cloudly » Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:10 am

still 7 June... :(

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:58 pm

this is very sad news indeed. :oops:

Cosmopol
Member of Standing

Post by Cosmopol » Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:47 pm

zombie1979 wrote:Could the moderators start a seperate thread for this discussion and link our discussions there as "What to do for June-Oct applicants".
This thread has become long and thus conspicuous - I feel it's much better than starting a new one. As for plan of action, I'd actualy hope each applicant makes a decision based on their personal circumstances and the info from this forum. I can realate to the frustration that long (and uncertain) processing times bring to HSMP applicants and I do sympathize. Still, I am not sure it is an easy idea to turn this forum into a sort of an "action committee" - if that's what you meant.

Hope this works for everybody.

AxA
Newly Registered

Post by AxA » Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:59 pm

I got an answer from hsmp team, though it does not explain why there was no progress in more than two months. It seems dcguy is right about breaking the team in two.

Question:
> Why are january 05 applicants receiving answers to
> non-urgent applications, why the june applications are
> not processed?

HSMP answer:
Due to the large number of applications, we have recently set up a new
team to process applications. In there training stage they are given a
number of new applications, so therefore a small number of new applications are being processed faster.