ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

The Status of EU Family Member Residence Card in UK Close to Brexit

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

autumnleaf
Newly Registered
Mood:
Indonesia

The Status of EU Family Member Residence Card in UK Close to Brexit

Post by autumnleaf » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:48 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm an Indonesian national and my husband is a Polish citizen. We are planning to move to UK soon since my husband got an offer to work there. Is it still possible to apply for an EU Family Member Card in UK? Or, is it just an EEA Family Member Permit which is provided for an EEA Family Member? I would like to have an EU Family Member Card if possible because it will ease my movement throughout EU area. Does anyone has an insight about it?

Many thanks for your attention.

Cheers,
Autumn

sunrise80
Newly Registered

Re: The Status of EU Family Member Residence Card in UK Close to Brexit

Post by sunrise80 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:39 pm

You can still apply as Brexit last date is not yet confirmed. Hopfully they will announce next year in 2018.

As a family member of EU citizen you will be allowed to stay in the UK provided you stay with your EU husband who will be applying post brixit EU resident visa extension.

At the moment with existing EU law you can apply for EEA family member entry permit from Indonesia (6 months validity usually) provided your husband is working in the UK (at least last 3 months pay slips and NI required)

Once you arrive here in the UK you will need to apply for EEA FM residence permit (usually valid for 5 years only if your EU citizen husband will be working throughout 5 years, or he should be student with comprehensive medical insurance, or self sufficient finically <please have look self sufficient criteria on the GOV.UK website>)

You don’t get free movement rights throughout in the EU on your own if you have EEA FM card unless you travel with your Husband.

Hope this will help.
Thank you.

autumnleaf
Newly Registered
Mood:
Indonesia

Post by autumnleaf » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:55 pm

Thank you for your immediate reply :)

Do you know how long it takes to process the EEA Family Permit? Btw, I actually live in Poland at the moment and I have a temporary residence card. Can I apply for the permit in Warsaw?

observer_haters
Poland

Post by observer_haters » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:03 pm

autumnleaf wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:55 pm

Do you know how long it takes to process the EEA Family Permit? Btw, I actually live in Poland at the moment and I have a temporary residence card. Can I apply for the permit in Warsaw?

AD.1 Visa processing times
AD.2Yes

autumnleaf
Newly Registered
Mood:
Indonesia

Post by autumnleaf » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:16 pm

observer_haters wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:03 pm
autumnleaf wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:55 pm

AD.1 Visa processing times
AD.2Yes
SUPER! Thank you very much! :D
Last edited by CR001 on Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Kindly only post in English