ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa - BRP Questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

klite12

Spouse Visa - BRP Questions

Post by klite12 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:37 pm

Hello,

My wife recently had her spouse visa approved to the UK and she has entered from Pakistan on 21/10/17.

My questions:

1) She needs to now go and collect her BRP, on her passport the vignette implies she only has 30 days to stay in the UK, once she collects the BRP, would that show the 2.5 years?

2) Is there anything we need to do after she collects her BRP? In regards to the immigration process?

3) Is there anything they'll ask us at collection of BRP (As from my previous posts, I intend to quit from one of my jobs)

4) Once she has collected her BRP, can we then get an NI number, open a bank account and register her with a GP?

Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse Visa - BRP Questions

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:44 pm

1) She needs to now go and collect her BRP, on her passport the vignette implies she only has 30 days to stay in the UK, once she collects the BRP, would that show the 2.5 years?
Yes
2) Is there anything we need to do after she collects her BRP? In regards to the immigration process?
No.
3) Is there anything they'll ask us at collection of BRP (As from my previous posts, I intend to quit from one of my jobs)
No, you collect from a Post Office, they are not immigration people. She must take her passport with her and the letter.
4) Once she has collected her BRP, can we then get an NI number, open a bank account and register her with a GP?
Yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

klite12

Post by klite12 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:48 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:44 pm
Yes
No.
No, you collect from a Post Office, they are not immigration people. She must take her passport with her and the letter.
Yes.
Thanks a lot CR001, you've been incredibly helpful over the past few months with all my queries.

So, in regards to any further financial evidence, etc. It's all irrelevant now as the visa has been processed. At this stage I just need to collect it, regardless of the status of my job?

Thanks again!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:21 pm

You only need to prove youmeet the financial requirement for a minimum of 6 months at the time of extension.

However you shpuld still maintain your family without relying solely on public funds.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:22 pm

klite12 wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:48 pm

So, in regards to any further financial evidence, etc. It's all irrelevant now as the visa has been processed. At this stage I just need to collect it, regardless of the status of my job?

Thanks again!
Yes you can change your job if you wish but always be prepared that same you will have to do in 2.5 years time. Keep tune with forum.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.