ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

question for FLR (M) When will i apply?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mrsrainbow143

question for FLR (M) When will i apply?

Post by Mrsrainbow143 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:10 pm

hi everyone quick question, if my spouse visa expired june 2020 what month by 2020 i will have to apply for FLR (M)? I arrived in the UK last month September 25. badly need your responce thanks!

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: question for FLR (M) When will i apply?

Post by Casa » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:19 pm

Preferably no earlier than 30 months after your entry into the UK and definitely no later than the expiry date. :!:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:44 pm

according to guidance note of FLR(M) you should apply 28 days before the expiry date of current visa

Mrsrainbow143

Post by Mrsrainbow143 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:10 pm

ILR1980 wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:44 pm
according to guidance note of FLR(M) you should apply 28 days before the expiry date of current visa
hello, i also read that can apply 28 days before the 30 month of anniversary of your arrival in the UK, so can i apply by february 27, 2020? correct me if im wrong pls and btw i will apply thru post.
and how long will i get the decision also? thank you

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:13 pm

ILR1980 wrote:
It's not mandatory to apply 28 days before the visa expiry date. Applying earlier than this may incur an additional FLR(M) extension to make up any shortfall in the 5 year qualifying period.
Obviously an application must be submitted before the visa expires as FLR(M) requires extent leave, unlike SET(M).
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:20 pm

Mrsrainbow143 wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:10 pm

hello, i also read that can apply 28 days before the 30 month of anniversary of your arrival in the UK, so can i apply by february 27, 2020? correct me if im wrong pls and btw i will apply thru post.
Correct. The date of posting will be taken as the date of application. Send by registered or recorded post and keep the postal receipt.

A postal application can take around 3 months to process, Your legal status continues while you are waiting for the decision.

Ensure you keep correspondence/bills etc addressed to you both during the 2.5 year qualifying period as proof that you have been living together,
(Casa, not CR001)

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:28 pm

Mrsrainbow143 wrote:
ILR1980 wrote:
I can only tell you what mentioned in UKVi guidance notes and if you read part 5 of guidance notes of FLR(M) it say

5. When to apply

You and any children under 18 should apply before the end of your/their permitted stay in the UK. We encourage you to apply 28 days before the expiry date.

whats the issue in applying within 28 days before the expiry date? Its not recommended to apply too early or too late

secondly when you will get decision depend on many factors i.e whether your application is straightforward or complicated , numbers of pending application(backlog) at given time etc so you better check waiting time threads on this forum which might give you some idea

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:35 pm

Casa wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:13 pm
ILR1980 wrote:
It's not mandatory to apply 28 days before the visa expiry date. Applying earlier than this may incur an additional FLR(M) extension to make up any shortfall in the 5 year qualifying period.
Obviously an application must be submitted before the visa expires as FLR(M) requires extent leave, unlike SET(M).
They encourage you to apply 28 days before expiry date . If its not mandatory to apply within 28 days before expiry of current visa then which date you can apply for extension i.e how early is too early

Mrsrainbow143

Post by Mrsrainbow143 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:35 pm

Casa wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:20 pm
Mrsrainbow143 wrote:

Correct. The date of posting will be taken as the date of application. Send by registered or recorded post and keep the postal receipt.

A postal application can take around 3 months to process, Your legal status continues while you are waiting for the decision.

Ensure you keep correspondence/bills etc addressed to you both during the 2.5 year qualifying period as proof that you have been living together,
Thanks for the replies ILR1980 and CASA, and yes me and my husband make sure we have those evidence. :)

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:42 pm

ILR1980 wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:28 pm
Mrsrainbow143 wrote:
ILR1980 wrote:
I can only tell you what mentioned in UKVi guidance notes and if you read part 5 of guidance notes of FLR(M) it say

5. When to apply

You and any children under 18 should apply before the end of your/their permitted stay in the UK. We encourage you to apply 28 days before the expiry date.

whats the issue in applying within 28 days before the expiry date? Its not recommended to apply too early or too late

secondly when you will get decision depend on many factors i.e whether your application is straightforward or complicated , numbers of pending application(backlog) at given time etc so you better check waiting time threads on this forum which might give you some idea
Note the word 'encourage', which is not 'mandatory'.

I've explained (clearly I hope) the window in which to apply. Some members are confused with the UKVI guidance and believe they MUST apply exactly on the 28th day prior to the visa expiry date.

They can choose to apply 28 days before the 30 month anniversary of their entry into the UK, assuming their arrival wasn't delayed by more than 3 months.
(Casa, not CR001)

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:54 pm

Casa wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:42 pm

Note the word 'encourage', which is not 'mandatory'.

I've explained (clearly I hope) the window in which to apply. Some members are confused with the UKVI guidance and believe they MUST apply exactly on the 28th day prior to the visa expiry date.

They can choose to apply 28 days before the 30 month anniversary of their entry into the UK, assuming their arrival wasn't delayed by more than 3 months.
Yes agree encourage is definitely not mandatory but I will still follow what they encourage us to do :D

" applying 28 days before the 30 month anniversary of their entry into the UK " casa i would like to know where you got this inofrmation from just for my knowledge ..any official link ?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:17 pm

4. Family Life as a Partner
A person in the UK with entry clearance or limited leave to remain as a partner granted under Appendix FM on the basis of an application made from 9 July 2012 should apply for further leave to remain no more than 28 days before their extant leave expires or no more than 28 days before they have completed 30 months in the UK with such leave. Up to 28 days of extant leave remaining at the date of application will be added to the period of leave granted.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ly-members
(Casa, not CR001)

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:44 pm

Casa wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:17 pm
4. Family Life as a Partner
A person in the UK with entry clearance or limited leave to remain as a partner granted under Appendix FM on the basis of an application made from 9 July 2012 should apply for further leave to remain no more than 28 days before their extant leave expires or no more than 28 days before they have completed 30 months in the UK with such leave. Up to 28 days of extant leave remaining at the date of application will be added to the period of leave granted.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ly-members
Thanks for this link

so no more than 28 days before their extant leave expires( i talked about this)

OR

no more than 28 days before they have completed 30 months in the UK with such leave( you talked about this)

problem solved :D

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:43 am

You're missing the point. I'll try again.

1. If the entry into the UK is delayed by more than 3 months (33 month visa), if they apply 28 days before the 30 month anniversary
they will have a shortfall in the 5 year qualifying period. Therefore they shouldn't apply any earlier than 28 days before the visa expiry date.

2. If the applicant has not delayed entry, they can apply 28 days before the 30 months anniversary of their entry date.

3. If the applicant is applying for a second FLR(M) extension, they can apply 28 days before the visa expiry date.

Let's not lose sight of the OP's situation. They are asking if they can apply as in point 2 above...and yes, they can. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:13 pm

Casa wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:43 am

1. If the entry into the UK is delayed by more than 3 months (33 month visa), if they apply 28 days before the 30 month anniversary
they will have a shortfall in the 5 year qualifying period. Therefore they shouldn't apply any earlier than 28 days before the visa expiry date.

2. If the applicant has not delayed entry, they can apply 28 days before the 30 months anniversary of their entry date.

3. If the applicant is applying for a second FLR(M) extension, they can apply 28 days before the visa expiry date.

Let's not lose sight of the OP's situation. They are asking if they can apply as in point 2 above...and yes, they can. :idea:
Thanks for explaining but what should a person do if they have corrected biometric permit and got new valid from and expiry date..for example in my spouse case
Date of entry was : Sep 2016
Sent biomteric for correction in nov 2016 after collecting it from post office
date of issue for new biometric permit: dec 2016
Expiry date : august 2019( it is more than 33 months)

Now if we go after 28 days before entry then she should apply by march 2019
and if 28 days before visa expiry then should apply by july 2019

which is difference of four months

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:36 pm

ILR1980 wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:13 pm
Casa wrote:

Thanks for explaining but what should a person do if they have corrected biometric permit and got new valid from and expiry date..for example in my spouse case

Please post this in your own topic. This isn't a general discussion thread and the OP will be confused with off-topic posts.
(Casa, not CR001)

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:40 pm

Casa wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:36 pm
ILR1980 wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:13 pm
Casa wrote:

Please post this in your own topic. This isn't a general discussion thread and the OP will be confused with off-topic posts.
ok no problem . I posted them because its relevant to question but sure delete them if you consider it off topic