ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel while MN1 application in progress

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

RDeen25
Newly Registered

Travel while MN1 application in progress

Post by RDeen25 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:16 pm

Hi All,

I'm currently on ILR and have applied for my son's naturalisation and UK passport in (MN1) June 2017, which is "awaiting a decision" as per the status on the website. I'm positive the passport will be issued, however I do have travel plans in December to visit my family back in Sri Lanka - my son has a valid Sri Lankan passport but the UK Tier 2 dependent visa expired last August (2017).

In the worst case scenario that his UK Passport does not arrive before December, am I able to fly out of the UK given this situation (expired UK visa)?

And, once I have done so, if the UK Passport is issued, is there a means by which it can be sent out to him (maybe to the UK embassy in Sri Lanka) so that he can travel back to the UK with my wife? (I'm only flying out for a few weeks and will be back in the UK in January 2018, my wife and son will stay back for two months or so..)

Any advise will be appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Deen

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Travel while MN1 application in progress

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:57 am

He is free to leave the UK.

Passport will be sent to your home address. You will have to arrange to get it to your child.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

RDeen25
Newly Registered

Post by RDeen25 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:04 am

Thanks for the response!

On a related note, once the naturalisaiton has been approved - will my son (or me) have to physically attend a ceremony of some sort, and is this mandatory? I've been reading that there is a time period within which this has to be done, after which the passport will be processed.

I'm just anxious that if the timing goes down to the wire - realistically the latest I can get the naturalisation result to go through with the rest of the process given I need to fly out on 07 December.

The worst case scenario is if we have left the country and the result is posted out after that, in which case I'll have to change all my plans..........! :(

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:06 am

On a related note, once the naturalisaiton has been approved - will my son (or me) have to physically attend a ceremony of some sort, and is this mandatory? I've been reading that there is a time period within which this has to be done, after which the passport will be processed.
Assuming your son is under 18 years of age, he will be REGISTERED as British. Only adults are naturalised. Children do not attend a ceremony, it is only for applicants 18 and older.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

RDeen25
Newly Registered

Post by RDeen25 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:45 am

Yes, he is under 18 and was born in the UK - however, I was on a Tier 2 visa at the time he was born.