ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

STATUS while JR is process/ after JR refused!!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Romeo007
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

STATUS while JR is process/ after JR refused!!

Post by Romeo007 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:43 pm

Hi Guys,

Would like to get my doubts cleared after we applying for JR or in case JR get refused with no right of appeal.
If any one has any idea please enlighten me on the below points. Thanks in advance!

1. Can we be able to drive?

2. Will our driving license will be suspended?

3. Right to live in a rented accommodation? will the landlord will get into any trouble if we stay at the accommodation after/while JR is in process? How many days will be given to leave the country?

4. Can we have bank accounts? or will be asked to close them after/while JR is in process.

5. Can we sell our cars ect, like changing the car logbook to a 3rd person. . Getting the refund from road tax, cancelling the yearly paid insurance and getting the refunds ect...Will there be any legal complications?

6. Are we allowed to file the Tax return for 2016/17 ,in case if we receive the JR decision before 31st Jan 2018.

Thanks...

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: STATUS while JR is process/ after JR refused!!

Post by zimba » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:02 pm

1. Can we be able to drive?
2. Will our driving license will be suspended?
You can drive as long as have valid licences. You license can be revoked if overstaying
3. Right to live in a rented accommodation? will the landlord will get into any trouble if we stay at the accommodation after/while JR is in process? How many days will be given to leave the country?
You will face issues you must be living lawfully here to rent
4. Can we have bank accounts? or will be asked to close them after/while JR is in process.
Your account could be closed from Jan 2018 onwards as checks are being introduced
5. Can we sell our cars ect, like changing the car logbook to a 3rd person. . Getting the refund from road tax, cancelling the yearly paid insurance and getting the refunds ect...Will there be any legal complications?
I don't see why not
6. Are we allowed to file the Tax return for 2016/17 ,in case if we receive the JR decision before 31st Jan 2018.
I don't see why not
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Romeo007
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Romeo007 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:07 pm

@Zimba88 Thanks for your prompt response. Just one last doubt..

Like you said after Jan2018 they will do checks, If they close the bank account will they give us the money or else they will confiscate since the account holder has any legal means to have an account? do you have any links, where we can read it for our reference.

Thanks..

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:10 pm

Romeo007 wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:07 pm
@Zimba88 Thanks for your prompt response. Just one last doubt..

Like you said after Jan2018 they will do checks, If they close the bank account will they give us the money or else they will confiscate since the account holder has any legal means to have an account? do you have any links, where we can read it for our reference.

Thanks..
general-uk-immigration-forum/uk-banks-t ... 39900.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Romeo007
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Romeo007 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:21 pm

Thanks CR001