ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR (Tier2 General) for Main And wife Dependent and child dependent - qualifying period

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lenourou
Newly Registered

ILR (Tier2 General) for Main And wife Dependent and child dependent - qualifying period

Post by lenourou » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:30 am

Dear All,
First thanks for reading and helping me out.
I am confused by some many acronyms and things i need to know and seems to be difficult to understand. My visa category is Tier 2 general and wife's is under PBS dependent. I have been working for the same employer and under the same visa category through out my stay in UK. The following dates are my date.

Grant date of 2 years leave:13/06/2013
First entry date in UK : 17/06/2013
End date of 2 years leave:31/07/2015

Grant of 3 years leave(extension): 16/07/2015
End date of 3 years leave(extension):14/03/2018

1. According to the regulation my end of 5 years under tier 2 should finish in june 2018 but my visa extension is only until March 2018 (3 months before). What you i do? Apply for a 3 month tier 2 extension or for ILR?

2. If I apply for the ILR i need to have passed my life in uk test before correct?

3. My wife have spent more than 180 days outside uk the two first years so she need to apply for a two year extension Tier 2 dependent visa. What about the 6 year limitation rule on Tier 2 visa. is it applying to her. If yes What can we do about it.

4. When would she apply to the extension? At the same time i apply for the ILR or after i have been granted with the ILR.

5. My son is born in uk last year and have a BRP which finishes at the same time as my visa. Can you confirm to me please that i dont include him in my ILR and ask for his british citizhenship when i will be granted of the ILR

Sorry for the different questions and thank you a lot for your answer.
Best Regards
SY