ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 visa trying to request a JR. HELP!

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Kellycally111
Newly Registered

Tier 4 visa trying to request a JR. HELP!

Post by Kellycally111 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:40 am

Hello everyone.

I will really appreciate if anyone can share some light on my case.

I came to study in UK feb 2013, my visa was curtailed in April 2015 due to the fact I wasn't studying for more than 60 days. In January 2015 I resumed my studies again not knowing my university has requested my visa to be curtailed, I did the university visa check which HO requires the university to carry out every trimester on 2 occasions the university failed to tell me my visa was going to Curtailed I was allowed to continue my studies. In 2016 I tried to renew my visa so I request the procedures from my university only for them to tell mr my visa has been curtailed. Few weeks later i was detained by HO but after explaining myself and my university accepted that it is their fault, I was released and asked to make a new application which I did in June 2016 it took over a year to get a decision from HO after a long wait it was refused based on overstaying. My solicitor file in an AR requesting HO to provide a copy of the curtailment email they sent me but HO just refused it again based on overstaying without any copy of the email sent, as I'm very certain I wasn't even aware of the curtailment because I didn't get any email from the university or HO advising me my visa was going to be curtailed because if I did I would have appeal for it as I have already continued my studies before they finally curtailed the visa.

I'm still studying till now doing my final year and my university are happy to continue sponsoring me till I graduate but HO has gave me a removal notice so if I don't fight now all the money I have spent since my first year is a waste My question is as follows.

1. My solicitor is sending a pre action protocol letter based on the fact that HO and my university didn't tell my visa was curtailed what is the chance HO might reconsider their decision as they claim on my refusal to have sent me an email regarding my curtailment letter but can't provide any evidence they sent me a curtailment letter.

2. Me and my partner already submitted our marriage request to the registry before the HO made their recent decision. Will this affect our wedding plans as we have been together for 3 years now living together for a year and half.

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 4 visa trying to request a JR. HELP!

Post by sah10406 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:38 am

Kellycally111 wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:40 am
1. My solicitor is sending a pre action protocol letter based on the fact that HO and my university didn't tell my visa was curtailed what is the chance HO might reconsider their decision as they claim on my refusal to have sent me an email regarding my curtailment letter but can't provide any evidence they sent me a curtailment letter.

2. Me and my partner already submitted our marriage request to the registry before the HO made their recent decision. Will this affect our wedding plans as we have been together for 3 years now living together for a year and half.
Why are you not asking your solicitor these questions?
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Kellycally111
Newly Registered

Post by Kellycally111 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:33 am

haven't heard from him since he requested making a pre action protocol letter. So ok just curious for some to share some thoughts

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:51 am

To be honest, it's not the sort of thing where the thoughts of random folks are so helpful. You need professional advice.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.