ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employer to confirm right to work with COA

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

yw51
Newly Registered
China

Employer to confirm right to work with COA

Post by yw51 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:27 am

Hello everybody,

I want to ask if the employer can find out since which day the employee start to have the right to work?

I got a job offer. The company wants me to start soon but I'd like to start later. Basically they hope me to start as soon as my COA is issued(=my right to work starts).

My application is the EEA family RC as a non-EU spouse. The biometric letter just arrived. I'm in the debate of enrolling my data asap to speed up the process, or to enrol it later to postpone the arrival of COA.

I'm thinking that if the employer won't find out the issue date of the COA, I'd prefer to enrol the biometric data now. If the COA arrives earlier than I expected, I can hide it from the employer.

Sorry for asking such a sneaky question :oops:

And thanks for any potential answers.

yw51
Newly Registered
China

Re: Employer to confirm right to work with COA

Post by yw51 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:09 am

Ah I realised it's a silly question :|
Obviously, the employer needs to see the COA letter, so they'll know the date for sure.