ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Dependent No right to work

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

razfar
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Tier 2 Dependent No right to work

Post by razfar » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:59 pm

Hi
I am desperately looking for someone to help me out or atleast guide me in the right direction.
I am giving out the summary of what has happened so far
Original Tier 2 work visa valid till 30th april 2017
case submitted and biometrics done on 31/03/2017
Refusal for visa (due to incorrect salary figures) received by 15th april 2017 with right to appeal
appeal submitted but due to no response new case submitted on 5th june 2017
ack letter received on 7th june and biometrics done for new case on 14th june 2017
letter received by home office on 24th august saying its a complex case and taking longer then ususal.

Now the thing is I am the dependent in this case
and ever since we have submitted the new application my Eligibility Checks are coming back as negative saying the application was submitted after the previous right to work expired.
I have tried to contact the Home office to ask if there is a timeline on this case but they said they cant tell how long its going to take
The problem is I am in a very tough situation right now because I haven't been able to work for last 5 months and it is getting really tough. Also with no timeline not even sure how long will it take. Can please someone suggest me a way to resolve this and be able to work.
Many many thanks in advance

vinny

Re: Tier 2 Dependent No right to work

Post by vinny » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:17 pm

Unfortunately, overstayers have no rights to work.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

razfar
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by razfar » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:18 pm

but the overstay is because the new application was sent after rejection
the earlier case was sent on time

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:49 pm

Refusal for visa (due to incorrect salary figures) received by 15th april 2017 with right to appeal
appeal submitted but due to no response new case submitted on 5th june 2017
No, the overstay is because you didn't wait for the appeal process to run its course. The minute a new application was submitted in June, the appeal would have been withdrawn and the Section 3C protection ended. You basically applied for a new application more than 14 days after the refusal, which means you are an overstayer.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.