ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I get married whilst flr fp application is pending

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Roni1980
Newly Registered
Albania

Can I get married whilst flr fp application is pending

Post by Roni1980 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:32 am

Hello everyone, just wanted to ask whether I can marry while my flr fp is pending.

Brief immigration history.

Entered the uk in December 1996 as unaccompanied minor from Albania.
Applied for asylum. Issued with work permit 6 months later.
Learned in 2003 my case was refused. Lawyer did not notify as he was struck off by law society.
2003 made fresh application under article 8.
2006 handed myself to police station in thinking perhaps that will speed up the process. Arrested and detained as I wasn't reporting. Home office tried to deport me while in detention centre, lawyer successfully applied for an injunction. Released from detention centre with help from my MP and supporting letter from colleagues in the NHS where I had been working for over 8 years.
2009 after waiting for home office to sort my case out for13 years left the UK voluntarily as my father passed away. During the period I was in the uk I worked for 12 years paying taxes and never was in any trouble with the law.
February 2014 re entered the UK illegally, where i started a relationship with a British partner whom I was seeing before I left. Been living together since February 2014 and we have a 2 year old boy. In July 2017 I submitted the application for flr fp. However my concern is that I don't think I submitted enough proof of cohabing together. As we currently live with my mother's partner in a housing association property my name is not in the tenancy agreement. And have no bills in my name. Supporting documents submitted are the following. Letters for outpatient hospital appointment dated 2014. Couple banks application refused as didn't have status in the uk dated 2014, gp letter 2015, nursery letters and gp letters 2017. Statement from mother partner that I been living there since 2014. My passport, partners passport, son' passport and birth certificate naming me as the father and my surname. Partners payslip and utility bills bank statement, contract of employment where she Is earning 21.000. Child benefit letter. Supporting letters from friends and family. 200 photos for the last 6 years as my partner visited Albania few times whilst I was there.
Question, would the above documents be sufficient or do we need to marry and inform the registry office of our intentions to do so?
Would the fact that I have a pending application matter or do I run the risk of being detained?

Martha88
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Can I get married whilst flr fp application is pending

Post by Martha88 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:45 pm

I’m upset that no one has answers your question. As I would also like to know if you can marry whilst awaiting a FLR FP application

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Can I get married whilst flr fp application is pending

Post by Casa » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:25 pm

Martha88 wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:45 pm
I’m upset that no one has answers your question. As I would also like to know if you can marry whilst awaiting a FLR FP application
This topic is almost 1 year old and the member only posted twice and hasn't visited the forum since Oct 25, 2017 :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.