ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Health surchatge for Tier 2 Extention and Medical exemption

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

HBBB
Iran

Health surchatge for Tier 2 Extention and Medical exemption

Post by HBBB » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:49 pm

Hi All,

I need to extend my Tier 2(G)-SOL in next few days. My wife as my dependent has a medical exemption certificate due to hypothyroid. This means she shouldn't pay for prescriptions and using NHS. Should we pay for her health insurance surcharge even when she has the medical exemption certificate?

My second question is that, what happens if we apply for the extention using post that takes 8weeks while our visa expires in 6weeks? She is pregnant and I want to know if go this route and if we don't get an answer before end of our current visa period, should we leave and land again? I.e. What should we do in transition time.

Many thanks in advance.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Health surchatge for Tier 2 Extention and Medical exemption

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:59 pm

HBBB wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:49 pm
Hi All,

I need to extend my Tier 2(G)-SOL in next few days. My wife as my dependent has a medical exemption certificate due to hypothyroid. This means she shouldn't pay for prescriptions and using NHS. Should we pay for her health insurance surcharge even when she has the medical exemption certificate? Yes, she will have to pay the IHS surcharge.

My second question is that, what happens if we apply for the extention using post that takes 8weeks while our visa expires in 6weeks? She is pregnant and I want to know if go this route and if we don't get an answer before end of our current visa period, should we leave and land again? I.e. What should we do in transition time. No problem, as your wife's legal status remains the same while the application is being processed, however long it takes. She is protected under Section 3 of the Immigration Rules providing the application is submitted before her current visa expires.

Many thanks in advance.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

HBBB
Iran

Re: Health surchatge for Tier 2 Extention and Medical exemption

Post by HBBB » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:12 pm

Many Thanks :)