ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ish21

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by Ish21 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:43 am

Have any of you contacted your local mp? I think it does make a difference

Sydvir

Post by Sydvir » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:06 am

Ish21 wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:43 am
Have any of you contacted your local mp? I think it does make a difference
Hi ish
So happy that you are with us even after u received your visa
And have u contacted your local mp before you received your visa?

Preeti0602
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Preeti0602 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:29 am

SuperNkky wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:08 am
Christ-Believer wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:08 pm
SuperNkky wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:26 pm
Amirahb wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:13 pm

Supernkky,have you heard any news to collect your passport ?
Amirahb sighs* This people will not give me high blood pressure. Earlier today about 5hours ago I called the operator service and the told me yes, my application is still decided and that its been process for despatch and I should be able to hear something before friday or friday.
The about 10mins ago, I returned the call just to reconfirm what was told and they told that they have escalated my case on the 11th when my husband called, which was the same day we found out decision was made since the 25th of sept. The operator goes on to tell me that today is only 8 working days and I have to wait 15 to 20 working days for home office to get back to as to whereabout of my passport, I almost went crazy. After waiting for 3 months plus for priority decision, I got decision and have to wait 2months to know my decision wed will be one month a decision was made. Nah they are over doing this and this totally insensitive.
I recommend calling UKVI again.

They have changed decisions back to awaiting approval as was the case with my application.

Update to my application:

Applied: January 2017

Called UKVI on Monday 9th Oct and was told decision had been made on Friday 6th Oct and wife would receive SMS or email to collect passport within 10 working days.

10 working days had passed (today) and I called UKVI and they told me application changed back to 'Awaiting Decision' on Monday 16th Oct.

We are now back to square one.

We received Oct 31st email so am hoping we get a decision before then.

Has anyone else been in the same situation where an application was decided and gone back to awaiting decision?
My husband called. It's still decision made. Good luck to everybody! It's not easy having people decide your faith.
Hi! I am currently in the same situation. I was advised by UKVI that a decision was made on 29th September. I then sent an email requesting confirmation of what the outcome is, which they confirmed on 20th Oct that a decision was made. I called up yesterday to be notified that UKVI have made another enquiry on this so we should be contacted by the visa centre within 10 days to collect passport. So i'm assuming they have re submitted the decision to the visa centre. But When i husband went to the visa centre they have not received the passport. I have been waiting for 17 days now. dFOr UKVI to say they have issued another enquiry of the decion has been made makes we wonder where is my husband passport. What is the delay from UKVI to the visa centre in collecting the passport. Something doesn't seem right...

M2sam
United Kingdom

Post by M2sam » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:51 am

Is there high chance of approvals for long time waiters (6+ month), only to wait so long and be rejected is a life stopper. The long wait was a dreaded experience from me and I want a positive result. My sister said the long time waiters have a higher chance of approvals otherwise they would have rejected already and HO would have taken the burden off themselves by having 1 less application to deal with.

Any thoughts on this?

smarter1
United Kingdom

Post by smarter1 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:13 am

M2sam wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:51 am
My sister said the long time waiters have a higher chance of approvals otherwise they would have rejected already and HO would have taken the burden off themselves by having 1 less application to deal with.

Any thoughts on this?
I think a chance of success depends on the supporting documents and not on the waiting time. Yes, HO could have rejected certain applications sooner than later but perhaps they do not even touch some of them for months and/or doing certain background checks, that take time.

Don't forget that people who applied post November 2016 ended up in a limbo because of MM case and it took HO roughly 6 months to decide what there position is re this case. So, bottleneck as a result...

M2sam
United Kingdom

Post by M2sam » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:00 pm

smarter1 wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:13 am
M2sam wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:51 am
My sister said the long time waiters have a higher chance of approvals otherwise they would have rejected already and HO would have taken the burden off themselves by having 1 less application to deal with.

Any thoughts on this?
I think a chance of success depends on the supporting documents and not on the waiting time. Yes, HO could have rejected certain applications sooner than later but perhaps they do not even touch some of them for months and/or doing certain background checks, that take time.

Don't forget that people who applied post November 2016 ended up in a limbo because of MM case and it took HO roughly 6 months to decide what there position is re this case. So, bottleneck as a result...
Yes you are right, but they have touched my file when they sent out not straight forward email, and have called my employer and I. We have no idea whats stopping them, if they was not satisfied they would have rejected. Accepting october applicants over last year november applicants is also very strange. Our only hope is the famous 31st OCT email, hope everyone gets a response this or the next week. If not, Nov 1 will be a busy day at thier calling centre and they will have a lot of explaining to do.

givezemra
Newly Registered

Post by givezemra » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:31 pm

I actually think it could be go either way to have to wait longer as I would imagine the reasons for refusal have to be concrete (or as concrete as possible) otherwise they risk the applicant appealing and the decision being overturned.

Also those of us who are NSF are being dealt with by an ECM. So (as I understand it) when we receive the NSF email, that means the ECO has passed it to an ECM to look at as it is more complex than a straightforward application. We then go to the back of their queue and wait to be looked it. If ECM is then doing background checks and is waiting for replies from different agencies/companies/organisations, it would then go to the back of the queue again, to be looked at when the ECM receives a reply/gets round to it again. So it’s a case of constantly going to the back of the queue.

This is what my solicitor explained to me. So as hard as it is, we just need to be patient and have faith.

It is exactly 6 months to the day that we applied and we’re still waiting. Praise be to God when the application is approved!

M2sam
United Kingdom

Post by M2sam » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:05 pm

givezemra wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:31 pm
I actually think it could be go either way to have to wait longer as I would imagine the reasons for refusal have to be concrete (or as concrete as possible) otherwise they risk the applicant appealing and the decision being overturned.

Also those of us who are NSF are being dealt with by an ECM. So (as I understand it) when we receive the NSF email, that means the ECO has passed it to an ECM to look at as it is more complex than a straightforward application. We then go to the back of their queue and wait to be looked it. If ECM is then doing background checks and is waiting for replies from different agencies/companies/organisations, it would then go to the back of the queue again, to be looked at when the ECM receives a reply/gets round to it again. So it’s a case of constantly going to the back of the queue.

This is what my solicitor explained to me. So as hard as it is, we just need to be patient and have faith.

It is exactly 6 months to the day that we applied and we’re still waiting. Praise be to God when the application is approved!
Wow, I must have gone through that queue several times, that queue is long, becuase of those 5000 cases that have been puton hold. Thanks gizmera on your in put, it does make sense that this is happening. Although the solicitors claim to know everything, they don't and that goes for the MP's too. No one really knows whats going on in there.

j4v3d
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by j4v3d » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:50 pm

M2sam wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:05 pm
givezemra wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:31 pm

Wow, I must have gone through that queue several times, that queue is long, becuase of those 5000 cases that have been puton hold. Thanks gizmera on your in put, it does make sense that this is happening. Although the solicitors claim to know everything, they don't and that goes for the MP's too. No one really knows whats going on in there.
Only those on the inside know the true extent of the problems and the daily going on's. Would love to be able to watch them working away and seeing what they get up to :lol:

Tochalta
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Tochalta » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:26 pm

I called them today and was told application awaiting to be decided. I don't believe that will get decision by 31st october. What we going to do about it?? Nothing.

smarter1
United Kingdom

Post by smarter1 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:29 pm

M2sam wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:00 pm

Yes you are right, but they have touched my file when they sent out not straight forward email, and have called my employer and I. We have no idea whats stopping them, if they was not satisfied they would have rejected.
Well, maybe they became suspicious of something but this something is not enough to reject. Or, maybe they simply looked at your file, did the necessary checks and put in at the end of the queue again...I do not know, I am simply trying to make a point that there is no conspiracy behind HO's work. Good luck everyone and plenty of patience!

SuperNkky
Trinidad & Tobago

Post by SuperNkky » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:01 pm

Amirahb wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:52 pm
SuperNkky wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:26 pm
Amirahb wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:13 pm
SuperNkky wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:37 pm
Guys happy weekend. Congratulation to all that have received visa.
Just holding on to God. It's 26 days since a decision was made and I still have not gotten my passport or have an idea if our settlement was approved. Nobody to hold accountable. I called HO to escalate again.
Has anybody experienced it? What if munch vignette expires, how long do I have to wait to get a new sticker. I really do not want a new sticker. This is hard truly.
Supernkky,have you heard any news to collect your passport ?
Amirahb sighs* This people will not give me high blood pressure. Earlier today about 5hours ago I called the operator service and the told me yes, my application is still decided and that its been process for despatch and I should be able to hear something before friday or friday.
The about 10mins ago, I returned the call just to reconfirm what was told and they told that they have escalated my case on the 11th when my husband called, which was the same day we found out decision was made since the 25th of sept. The operator goes on to tell me that today is only 8 working days and I have to wait 15 to 20 working days for home office to get back to as to whereabout of my passport, I almost went crazy. After waiting for 3 months plus for priority decision, I got decision and have to wait 2months to know my decision wed will be one month a decision was made. Nah they are over doing this and this totally insensitive.
I don't know what is going on either !! I just called the British high commission and I asked them about my passport and that a decision was made a a few weeks ago and she said that they still have my passport that it never left Trinidad it was at the high commission the whole time ! Does that mean my application was refused ?? She said that also she does not know what the decision is just that they notified her that they made a decision, she said that she is going to call London and find out what the Decision is and will let me know by tom when o can pick up my passport !! Does all this mean I am refused ???
Hey family you hear anything? Was the visa approved? Did you get your passport?

Kawal111
India

Post by Kawal111 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:49 pm

j4v3d wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:41 pm
Kawal111 wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:50 pm
Hi everyone my husband recieved this message today The processed visa application for GWF reference number - GWF********* was received at the UK Visa Application Centre on 10/23/2017
If a courier service was purchased from VFS Global, your processed application will be delivered to the chosen address.

If not, your documents can be collected during the designated passport collection times.

Does this mean my husband can go to collect his passport?
Yes, ready to pick up passport, do let us know what the outcome was. :D
Husbands visa was refused 😔😔😢
After a long wait we recieved a refusal
Reason why - They said we did not provide them x6 payslips which we did it's an error from the home office so devestated over one small mistake which they made not us. The person who scanned the documents did not scan all payslips.
I am going to do an admin review appeal within 28 days my husband will get his visa as it's home offices fault not ours. Please pray he gets it this time 🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽

I wish you all best of luck don't loose hope keep chasing them keep fighting be strong don't give up

metanoia
Pakistan

Post by metanoia » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:40 am

iqra900 wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:23 am
Priority/Non-Priority: Non-Priority
Application submitted: 28th Sept 17 (online)
Date biometrics taken: 6th Oct 17
Office processing visa: Sheffield
Documents sent to UKVI : 6th Oct 17
Documents received UKVI: 11th Oct 17
Email saying received at UKVI: 11th Oct 2017
Timeline given: n/a
Supporting documents returned: 23 Oct 17
I have question plz if anyone can answer,
I have submitted IELTS test Level B2 (Academic) from Approved UK testing center (AEO). Is this test will be sufficient to prove English language skills? I had 6.5 over and 6.0 in all bands. Plz assist me as I'm bit confused!
Thanks.
You need to provide IELTS Lifeskills A1 test result. IELTS for UKVI General training is also acceptable if band score of 4 or equivalent.
Biometrics Karachi 04/08/17
Decision received 11/10 (Visa refused on subsisting relationship)
Acknowledgment 18/12/17
Deadline 02/04/18
Decision withdrawn 26/02/18
Decision overturned 29/03/18
PP submitted 3/4/18
Visa granted 9/4/18

press1977
Sri Lanka

Post by press1977 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:39 am

Kawal111 wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:49 pm
j4v3d wrote:
Kawal111 wrote:
Hi everyone my husband recieved this message today The processed visa application for GWF reference number - GWF********* was received at the UK Visa Application Centre on 10/23/2017
If a courier service was purchased from VFS Global, your processed application will be delivered to the chosen address.

If not, your documents can be collected during the designated passport collection times.

Reason why - They said we did not provide them x6 payslips which we did it's an error from the home office so devestated over one small mistake which they made not us. The person who scanned the documents did not scan all payslips.
I am going to do an admin review appeal within 28 days my husband will get his visa as it's home offices fault not ours. Please pray he gets it this time 🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽

I wish you all best of luck don't loose hope keep chasing them keep fighting be strong don't give up
Hi
it's sad to hear after long wait them made this kind of error and refused visa. It's totally there mistake and carelessness. Don't worry you can make appeal and review your decision again. You should definitely get your visa. Keep your good hope for it. Wish you all the best and good luck. Hope you will get the visa soon.

Tochalta
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Tochalta » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:58 am

Kawal111 wrote:
j4v3d wrote:
Kawal111 wrote:

Don't give up, you definitely have the visa in the bag once review is done. Atleast you got a decision, you got people waiting from November 2016 that don't know. 100% after the review is done you will get the decision. Shocking they didn't even try contact you regarding 6 payslips and waited this long to just say a payslip is missing.

Kawal111
India

Post by Kawal111 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:59 am

press1977 wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:39 am
Kawal111 wrote:
j4v3d wrote:
Kawal111 wrote:

Hi
it's sad to hear after long wait them made this kind of error and refused visa. It's totally there mistake and carelessness. Don't worry you can make appeal and review your decision again. You should definitely get your visa. Keep your good hope for it. Wish you all the best and good luck. Hope you will get the visa soon.
It's an error from there side and I will appeal today thank you so much friend

Kawal111
India

Post by Kawal111 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:01 am

Tochalta wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:58 am
Kawal111 wrote:
j4v3d wrote:
Kawal111 wrote:

Don't give up, you definitely have the visa in the bag once review is done. Atleast you got a decision, you got people waiting from November 2016 that don't know. 100% after the review is done you will get the decision. Shocking they didn't even try contact you regarding 6 payslips and waited this long to just say a payslip is missing.
They are useless we provided exact x6 payslips they are not bothered about anyone's feelings friend 🙄
You will get a positive outcome don't worry get your mp involved

M2sam
United Kingdom

Post by M2sam » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:23 am

Kawal111 wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:01 am
Tochalta wrote:
Kawal111 wrote:
j4v3d wrote:

They are useless we provided exact x6 payslips they are not bothered about anyone's feelings friend 🙄
Don't lose hope, they will find any reason to reject and put us through hardship. Be strong, get it reviewed, I am 100% you visa will be accepted. Lets pray that this gets sorted out ASAP.

Kawal111
India

Post by Kawal111 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:27 am

M2sam wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:23 am
Kawal111 wrote:
Tochalta wrote:
Kawal111 wrote:

Don't lose hope, they will find any reason to reject and put us through hardship. Be strong, get it reviewed, I am 100% you visa will be accepted. Lets pray that this gets sorted out ASAP.
Thank you so much for your help 🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽😔

press1977
Sri Lanka

Post by press1977 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:37 pm

Another two days remaining in this week. Looks like HO not giving decisions sooner as most of them waiting to hear their decisions before 31 October due to HO famous 31 October email. Even i can't imagine what's the procedure HO using for giving the decisions. It should be either first come first serve or priorty or non priority basis. I saw people are waiting for their decisions from last year November as well. Does anyone in this forum from Sri Lanka who is received decision or any emails from HO recently? I didn't see anyone here from Sri Lanka receiving any kind of reply from HO.

Amirahb
Newly Registered
Trinidad & Tobago

Post by Amirahb » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:24 pm

Kawal111 wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:27 am
M2sam wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:23 am
Kawal111 wrote:
Tochalta wrote:

Thank you so much for your help 🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽😔
I am so sorry to hear this !! Did u get the refusal via email or when u collected your passport ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:31 pm

Amirahb wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:24 pm
I am so sorry to hear this !! Did u get the refusal via email or when u collected your passport ?
As has been posted 100's of times, HO do not inform you what the outcome is on email. You will only know when you collect the passport.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Amirahb
Newly Registered
Trinidad & Tobago

Post by Amirahb » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:35 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:31 pm
Amirahb wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:24 pm
As has been posted 100's of times, HO do not inform you what the outcome is on email. You will only know when you collect the passport.
They actually do inform you by email as of recently !! Some people have been getting email or some have been when passport is collected !!!

smarter1
United Kingdom

Post by smarter1 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:42 pm

Amirahb wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:35 pm

They actually do inform you by email as of recently !! Some people have been getting email or some have been when passport is collected !!!
AFAIK, they only inform you of a fact that decision has been made, not of a result.