ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration Health Surcharge - Work end date after Tier2 General 6 year period?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sanp7
Newly Registered

Immigration Health Surcharge - Work end date after Tier2 General 6 year period?

Post by sanp7 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:30 pm

Hi,

I am switching my employer and will be applying for a Tier 2 general visa soon. I still haven't received my COS yet. However I am curious what should be my end date. (On both COS and IHS form)

I arrived in the UK on 13th of April 2014. But my first visa was valid from 7th of April 2014. Below are my questions.

1. Will the COS have my end date as 12th April 2020 (or 6th April 2020)? As I will reach my 6th year limit on that day.

2. Or will the COS still have an end date after 3 years and I will only be granted a visa until 12th April 2020 (or 6th April 2020)?

If the answer to my second question is Yes, then should I mention the date on COS while paying the surcharge?

I noticed that if I mention the full 3 year period then I will be paying £600. Whereas if I just mention the time till I complete my 6 year period, I will only be paying £500.

Thanks

sanp7
Newly Registered

Re: Immigration Health Surcharge - Work end date after Tier2 General 6 year period?

Post by sanp7 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:35 pm

Hi,

Can someone please help me with this query?

Bluesky007
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: Immigration Health Surcharge - Work end date after Tier2 General 6 year period?

Post by Bluesky007 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:54 pm

Dear All,

First of all thanks for this website and posts helping people with useful information.

Secondly i would like to ask a question related to adding Tier2 General to my company SPONSOR system. HomeOffice already allocated my sponsor Tier2 ICT sponsor licence. We are regsitered sponsor for Tier2 ICT and assign Cos but we need to get Tier2 General now and quite fast...

Question is that how long will it take to add Tier2 General to our Sponsor system and will we have to repeat same process which was initially done for Tier2 ICT.

Please advise.

Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:02 pm

Bluesky007 wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:54 pm
Dear All,

First of all thanks for this website and posts helping people with useful information.

Secondly i would like to ask a question related to adding Tier2 General to my company SPONSOR system. HomeOffice already allocated my sponsor Tier2 ICT sponsor licence. We are regsitered sponsor for Tier2 ICT and assign Cos but we need to get Tier2 General now and quite fast...

Question is that how long will it take to add Tier2 General to our Sponsor system and will we have to repeat same process which was initially done for Tier2 ICT.

Please advise.

Thanks
Please desist from spamming other members' threads with your own question. I've opened your own topic...post there please.
uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/need ... l#p1553745
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.