ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

immigration history and settlement visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vs004
Newly Registered

immigration history and settlement visa

Post by vs004 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:10 pm

Does previous immigration history affect a current settlement visa application even if all the requirements have been met.In the rules,it says that its discretionary.

I was issued settlement visa even though i had two previous visit refusals.I didnt go too much explaining it in the application form.

But my friend who is applying now for settlement(spouse) visa is really worried that eco will find out that she had worked quite a bit over the limit while she was on a students visa last year. Should i calm her down or its a genuine reason to be worried,

Would the ECO be really interested in finding out how much she worked even though it has no relevence in this settlement visa application.Her marriage is genuine and all the financial and maintainnce documents are proper.

Also as a matter of discussion.What kinds of immigration breaches would seriously affect settlement visa. Like is little bit of illegal working by a student a bigger crime than 2 -3 days overstay.Do the ECO check with the inland revenue.

Anyone knows what is the current actual processing time for settlement visa in India(3 months stated but any recent time scales?) and is interview and medical checkup included in that time scale.

Thanks

parvez

Post by parvez » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:22 pm

Sorry I don't know the answers to your questions with regards to immigration history. But here's the rough timelines we went through for my wife's settlement visa application recently:

23rd Jan 2008 - Application submitted at VFS Mumbai South
15th Feb 2008 - Interview held and Deputy British High Commission Mumbai
18th Feb 2008 - Medical Check-ups completed at Mumbai
26th Feb 2008 - Visa issued
28th Feb 2008 - Passport collected
2nd Mar 2008 - Entered UK

Interview is not mandatory, but is quite likely for settlement applications. I think medical check-ups are mandatory.

Good luck

vs004
Newly Registered

Post by vs004 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:00 pm

Thanks pervez,we did read through your post regarding your application.My friend's application has already taken one month without any updates.On checking,she was told that it takes 3 months currently.thats why she is worried as your wife got a reply much earlier.VFS is unhelfpul and useless as usual.

nchowdhury
United Kingdom

Post by nchowdhury » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:13 am

Any idea how many days does it takes in Kolkata. I asked them through email and they replied minimum 18 days and might take more than that.
Any idea.

vs004
Newly Registered

Post by vs004 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:06 pm

Its all very vague.VFS doesnt know a thing.All they can say is if they have recieved the application or not. High commission will stick to its PSA of 12 weeks in which it is bound to give a decision. It all depends on how busy they are in addition to how complex the case is. If only they could have an update system like the london underground website :lol: