ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I need PR if I have ILR when applying for citizensip

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Brunosferos
Newly Registered
Romania

Do I need PR if I have ILR when applying for citizensip

Post by Brunosferos » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:02 pm

Hello everyone,
I am a new member here and thinking about applying for British citizenship. I am Romanian and have been granted ILR back in 2010 at the time when Romania was not a full member of the EEA (there were work restrictions in place until 2014) . Looking at all the booklets and guides I am unsure if I have to apply for a permanent resident card as well now that Romania is part of the EEA or will ILR be sufficient to prove that I meet the residency requirements. Worried that sending my application with ILR will be rejected based on the fact that I am a citizen of a country which is part of EEA but don't have the PR card. Any assistance or guidance from others in similar situation would be greatly appreciated.

All the best,
Bruno

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Do I need PR if I have ILR when applying for citizensip

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:51 pm

Your ILR issued in 2010 is sufficient, provided you have not been away from the UK for 2 or more years.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Brunosferos
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by Brunosferos » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:42 pm

Hi, thanks for your reply. Do you think I should include some sort of cover letter pointing to the fact that I'm applying based on the ILR route and not the EEA treaty one? Have not been away for longer than a month each year so should be ok there.

All the best,
Bruno

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:48 pm

No. Simply submit the passport with ILR in if it is an older passport.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

IcikePicike
Hungary

Post by IcikePicike » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:02 pm

I had ILR too and am an EU citizen. I made sure my residency in the UK was fully proven for the qualifying period and beyond. Employer letters confirming I was employed full time and had no unpaid leave. Bank statements, P60s. Council tax bills, HMRC statements.

You must be a long term resident if you have ILR, make sure you include an up to date National Insurance statement confirming your years.

DO include in your cover letter that you are going down the ILR route. DO NOT take HO staff competence for granted and don't let others here tell you otherwise.