ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel document for IRL

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jana2011
Newly Registered

Travel document for IRL

Post by Jana2011 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:24 pm

Hi Everyone,

As I had my IRL on August 2017 (after having Leave to Remain 5 years - Refugee Status)
Im wondering if it is possible to apply for a travel document!
if yes, is it the same application of TD112 on gov.uk? or is it a different application?

and regarding the professional countersign, is it ok to let my employer (the director of the company) to sign and certify the application?

Appreciated your reply with thanks in advance

luqi2020
South Africa

Re: Travel document for IRL

Post by luqi2020 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:28 pm

Hi dear
Is there any restriction on your ILR I mean can you travel to your home country, seek asylum.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:17 am

Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Jana2011
Newly Registered

Post by Jana2011 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:18 am

I was a refugee since 2011 but on Aug 2017
I had my IRL and Im willing to have a travel document to be able to travel in Europe. My sister is in France, and I dont want to wait 12 months to apply for citizenship and extra few months till I get a british passport.

Im willing to visit my sister in France after Christmas

luqi2020
South Africa

Post by luqi2020 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:20 am

Hi dear,
Travel document is only for refugee according to your situation you are not refugee anymore you have indefinite leave to remain so home office will not issue travel document he suggest you to make passport from your own embassy or if your embassy reject to make your passport then Home office can issue Certificate of travel but home office definitely want you to show the proof of rejection letter from your embassy and certificate of travel fee is also higher than travel document.
I was in the same situation during my discrtionary Leave I paid the fee for certificate of travel home office reject my application because I did not obtain any letter from my own embassy and I lost my fee it was around £250.
Thank you

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:49 pm

ILR does not change the refugee status. The BRP generally says that you have a 'refugee settlement'. You can still get a travel document
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Jana2011
Newly Registered

Post by Jana2011 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:22 pm

Thank you Zimba88 :)