ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visiting UK for non-EU spouse of an EU citizen (not UK)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

HBBB
Iran

Visiting UK for non-EU spouse of an EU citizen (not UK)

Post by HBBB » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:37 pm

Hi All,
My father-in-law is a German citizen and my mother-in-law is a non-EU resident of Germany. They live together in Germany and my mother-in-law is passing some German language courses before she becomes eligible for a permanent residency and later citizenship. They are planning to come to UK together to see us for a short visit. My wife and I are in UK under Tier 2.

My question is :
1-What is visa requirement for Mother-in-law to come over?
2-Can we apply through EEA familiy permit for her based on the father in law being German citizen?
3- Is there any easier option?

Many thanks in advance

HBBB
Iran

Re: Visiting UK for non-EU spouse of an EU citizen (not UK)

Post by HBBB » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:50 pm

Hi

any advice for me?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Visiting UK for non-EU spouse of an EU citizen (not UK)

Post by zimba » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:14 pm

1-What is visa requirement for Mother-in-law to come over?
Either a normal visitor visa or an EEA family permit
2-Can we apply through EEA familiy permit for her based on the father in law being German citizen?
Only if the German citizen moves to the UK. You can then apply for an EEA family permit.
https://www.gov.uk/family-permit
3- Is there any easier option?
Unless she is of a non-visa national, the two options above are the only ways to get in
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice