ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NCS

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Aleksej2008
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

NCS

Post by Aleksej2008 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:56 pm

Hi
National checking service, (Quick update) my wife was seen today and told she must sit an approved English language test at level B1, my wife works in a school full time and now has been in college for the last two years, she has no accent.
The lady was so kind who was checking all my wife's documents her comments were so nice, as she said the system is so unfair and hits the most genuine people who are in the system.
You have to sit the B1 English test or get your qualification from your own country certified by UK NARIC.
The paper Indefinite leave to remain in your passport will be obsolete within 3 years.
The sad part is that a family before my wife who have no job, will never have a job but know how to play the system will never have to sit the English test, is it fair.
The councils are complaining on a daily basis but the government are not listening.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: NCS

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:29 pm

Aleksej2008 wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:56 pm
Hi
National checking service, (Quick update) my wife was seen today and told she must sit an approved English language test at level B1, my wife works in a school full time and now has been in college for the last two years, she has no accent.
The lady was so kind who was checking all my wife's documents her comments were so nice, as she said the system is so unfair and hits the most genuine people who are in the system. It is the applicants responsibility to make sure they meet the requirements, so really your wife's/your own fault for not reading the form properly as it clearly asks for the information.
You have to sit the B1 English test or get your qualification from your own country certified by UK NARIC.
The paper Indefinite leave to remain in your passport will be obsolete within 3 years.
The sad part is that a family before my wife who have no job, will never have a job but know how to play the system will never have to sit the English test, is it fair. You are mistaken. All applicants between the age of 18 and 65 have to submit the mandatory English test unless they are a national from a majority speaking English country on the exempt list. Also such a generalisation about people is quite discriminatory.

The councils are complaining on a daily basis but the government are not listening.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

baddy
United Kingdom

Post by baddy » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:46 pm

Aleksej2008 wrote:
Hi
The lady was so kind who was checking all my wife's documents her comments were so nice, as she said the system is so unfair and hits the most genuine people who are in the system.
The sad part is that a family before my wife who have no job, will never have a job but know how to play the system will never have to sit the English test, is it fair.
The system is fair in this case, but it seems like you are the one that is not fair and trying to cheat the system and rubbish the process. With all due respect,

The law is the law, as long as we are living in this country we have to obey the law. It does not matter if one speaks good english, the law states that if you are not from certain countries, there are things you have to do to prove your language skills. Just like Canada and other countries. The english language certificate will prove that you meet the requirements, the same way the British Passport you are intending to get would prove to any country that you are a citizen of this country and not just by saying you live here.

The test is simple and straight forward.

LadyRenoir
Newly Registered

Post by LadyRenoir » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:34 pm

I don't see it as being unfair! This is one of the main requirements listed anywhere you look. Anyone can say they speak perfect English, but you do need a proof of it- a degree from the UK or another English speaking country, or the certificate stating your level of English is at least B1. The exam is easy to book, sit and pass, and the fee is not horrendous either.
Also not sure why councils would be complaining about that?

kirkerj
New Zealand

Post by kirkerj » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:32 pm

Aleksej2008 wrote:
Hi
In NZ they interview you to ascertain whether your English skills are good enough, so by comparison the UK requirements is fairly easy-going