ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for BC with 7 points on Licence

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

coltam82
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Applying for BC with 7 points on Licence

Post by coltam82 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:54 am

Morning All

I need some advice on Good character requirements.
I been in the country for 14 years, i got my ILR in july 2010 but have not applied for my BC.
I want to apply for my neutralisation, but a but worried i will get refused as i have 7 points on my licence for speeding. i Originally had 3 offences on my licence (3,3,7 points) One of the offences has expired but still showing on DVLA and the other two are still valid.
The two that are valid i got through the courts due to not replying to the traffic authorities in time.
Offence 1. Expired (But still showing)
Offence 2. Valid (Expired 17 Dec this year, but will still show for another year)
Offence 3. See below
Offence date: 23 Oct 2016
Expiry date: 23 Oct 2019
Removal date: 23 Oct 2020
Offence details

SP50: Exceeding speed limit on a motorway
Penalty points: 4
Fine: £338.00
Court/Fixed penalty office

1911: North and East Hertfordshire Magistrates’ Court

Will this effect my application for neutralisation

Thanks
Collin

coltam82
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Applying for BC with 7 points on Licence

Post by coltam82 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:28 pm

is there any members on this forum that has had the same situation as mine and got there Naturalisation

hussainfarhad
Pakistan

Post by hussainfarhad » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:18 pm

I'm in a similar position to you with one offence sp50 from February this year. It went to court as to not replying in time as well. I admitted it and paid the fine. I have sent the application in beginning of August and a waiting a response. According to some research and going through these forums I believe the caseworkers have discretion of discarding a minor offence of the rest of your application is ok.
Be sure to mention it. Also your first two offences have expired so I don't see them being counted although best to mention on the form.

It will be interesting to see more cases where people have got naturalisation in cases like ours.

baddy
United Kingdom

Post by baddy » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:36 pm

coltam82 wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:54 am
Morning All

I need some advice on Good character requirements.
I been in the country for 14 years, i got my ILR in july 2010 but have not applied for my BC.
I want to apply for my neutralisation, but a but worried i will get refused as i have 7 points on my licence for speeding. i Originally had 3 offences on my licence (3,3,7 points) One of the offences has expired but s till showing on DVLA and the other two are still valid.
The two that are valid i got through the courts due to not replying to the traffic authorities in time.
Offence 1. Expired (But still showing)
Offence 2. Valid (Expired 17 Dec this year, but will still show for another year)
Offence 3. See below
Offence date: 23 Oct 2016
Expiry date: 23 Oct 2019
Removal date: 23 Oct 2020
Offence details

SP50: Exceeding speed limit on a motorway
Penalty points: 4
Fine: £338.00
Court/Fixed penalty office

1911: North and East Hertfordshire Magistrates’ Court

Will this effect my application for neutralisation

Thanks
Collin
In my own opinion, I will advise you to wait till after October 2019 before you apply and make sure you dont get any fixed penalty notice before then.

My reason is that your good character will be questioned seriously. Once is a mistake but twice is a habit, and that is the way HO will see you. The last two FPNs were due to you not replying to the Police on time. It will be interpreted as not showing respect for the law. If you read the guidance on Good character, FPN cannot be the reason your application will be refused but the repeated pattern of FPNs will. Just wait till after October 2019. But you might be lucky if you pply before then, just make sure you declare all of them and attach your DVLA report.

coltam82
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by coltam82 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:09 pm

Even the expired ?

yeah i did read the section where it says about repeated offence, but it also states the there is no number to how many offences cause a refusal.Then they also state the more offences you have, the less chance you have get you Naturalisation

coltam82
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by coltam82 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:08 pm

I have applied for a Police clearance certificate, if that comes up clean/No trace. I would not have to declare my FPN?

coltam82
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by coltam82 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:56 pm

hussainfarhad wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:18 pm
I'm in a similar position to you with one offence sp50 from February this year. It went to court as to not replying in time as well. I admitted it and paid the fine. I have sent the application in beginning of August and a waiting a response. According to some research and going through these forums I believe the caseworkers have discretion of discarding a minor offence of the rest of your application is ok.
Be sure to mention it. Also your first two offences have expired so I don't see them being counted although best to mention on the form.

It will be interesting to see more cases where people have got naturalisation in cases like ours.
Have you heard anything back ?
I’ve sent my application via jcap on Friday. Was told its up to the caseworkers discretion to approve or refuse

hussainfarhad
Pakistan

Post by hussainfarhad » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:10 pm

Nothing yet

coltam82
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by coltam82 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:04 pm

hussainfarhad wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:10 pm
Nothing yet
Ok
Please let me know what your outcome

coltam82
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by coltam82 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:46 pm

hussainfarhad wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:10 pm
Nothing yet
If you mind me asking
What did HO ask about your SP50

hussainfarhad
Pakistan

Post by hussainfarhad » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:00 pm

Just detail on what happened as on my form I had mentioned that I was currently fighting the FPN even though I had emailed them an update but maybe their system didn't update it with my case.

coltam82
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by coltam82 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:04 pm

Ahh ok,
Thanks
Hope for the best everything works out for you

coltam82
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by coltam82 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:07 pm

I got my Police Clearence certificate back
And it shows NO TRACE
so I have nothing against my name.
Was thinking the single justice procedure notice would leave something against my name

mz1101
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by mz1101 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:31 pm

Hi Guys,

I am also in similar type of situation.

I was convicted of motoring offence (MS90-failure to provide driver details) in my absence in Sept 2014.

I came to know about it in 2015, did a statutary declaration that i was not aware of the offence, hence it was discarded. New proceedings took place and unfortunately in Oct 2015 i got convicted again for the same MS90 offence.

Good character requirements state that you have to wait three years from the date of conviction.

If i had not done stat dec, three years would have passed (starting from Sept 2014) and would have been eligible to apply for naturalisation this year in sept. But now i have to wait for one more year

Any advise on this would be highly appreciated.

hussainfarhad
Pakistan

Post by hussainfarhad » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:47 pm

coltam82 wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:04 pm
Ahh ok,
Thanks
Hi mate
Thought I'd let you know I received a letter from HO with all my docs back and asking for evidence of my offence and evidence of fine being paid.
Hopefully that's good news otherwise they would have just refused at straight away if it was to be an issue.

coltam82
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by coltam82 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:16 am

hussainfarhad wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:47 pm
coltam82 wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:04 pm
Ahh ok,
Thanks
Hi mate
Thought I'd let you know I received a letter from HO with all my docs back and asking for evidence of my offence and evidence of fine being paid.
Hopefully that's good news otherwise they would have just refused at straight away if it was to be an issue.

Thanks for the update
Ive just received my letter to go do my biometrics AGAIN!
I personally think the this biometrics is just a money making SCAM
I’ve done it about 5 times and I don’t see the point of doing it AGAIN

Hope all works out for you

coltam82
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by coltam82 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:18 am

mz1101 wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:31 pm
Hi Guys,

I was convicted of motoring offence (MS90-failure to provide driver details) in my absence in Sept 2014.

I came to know about it in 2015, did a statutary declaration that i was not aware of the offence, hence it was discarded. New proceedings took place and unfortunately in Oct 2015 i got convicted again for the same MS90 offence.

Good character requirements state that you have to wait three years from the date of conviction.

If i had not done stat dec, three years would have passed (starting from Sept 2014) and would have been eligible to apply for naturalisation this year in sept. But now i have to wait for one more year

I thought if the offence is more than 6 months old they can’t convict you of the offence

hussainfarhad
Pakistan

Post by hussainfarhad » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:42 pm

coltam82 wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:18 am
mz1101 wrote:
Hi Guys,

I thought if the offence is more than 6 months old they can’t convict you of the offence
Just received my approval letter. So hopefully as long as everything else in your application is ok you should get approval too.

coltam82
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by coltam82 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:14 pm

hussainfarhad wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:42 pm
coltam82 wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:18 am
mz1101 wrote:
Hi Guys,

Just received my approval letter. So hopefully as long as everything else in your application is ok you should get approval too.
Congrats !!!!
Yeah I’m hoping for the best.

coltam82
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by coltam82 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:07 am

So I finnaly got my approval
Ceremony booked for the 14/03/2018