ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Job ID or job reference number?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mastenfr
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Job ID or job reference number?

Post by mastenfr » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:01 pm

Hello guys,

I was wondering whether the sponsor needs to quote the job ID or job reference number from the Universal Jobmatch website (the job was also advertised on NHS jobs with the same reference number)?

How can one go about recovering the Job ID number if the ad is no longer live?

Any advice would be appreciated urgently :)

mastenfr
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Re: Job ID or job reference number?

Post by mastenfr » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:20 am

Please help!!

mastenfr
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Re: Job ID or job reference number?

Post by mastenfr » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:43 pm

Hi guys,

I have found the answer to my questions. Hope the information below helps others in a similar situation:
mastenfr wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:01 pm

I was wondering whether the sponsor needs to quote the job ID or job reference number from the Universal Jobmatch website (the job was also advertised on NHS jobs with the same reference number)?
Answer Job ID and job reference number (for NHS jobs) are two different things. Jobs advertised on Universal Jobmatch have a unique Job ID and it is this number that needs to be quoted by your employer on the CoS (to prove that the job was advertised on UJM for the purpose of RLMT). The job reference number from the NHS Jobs website also needs to be included on the CoS - to prove that the job was advertised on a second platform other than UJM).
mastenfr wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:01 pm

How can one go about recovering the Job ID number if the ad is no longer live?
Answer This is possible by contacting UJM using their online form. However, bear in mind that not everybody at the Department of Work & Pensions help centre know how to go about the query. I received a few irrelevant answers at first. Oddly enough, I found Thursday, late afternoon to be the best time. Somebody at the help centre actually understood the query and passed it on to the IT department. They were able to send me a screenshot of the Job ID from their archives.

I also provided the following information to assist their search -
- Job Reference Code (from NHS jobs/employer)
- Date the job was advertised
- Job Title

However, with all being said - this is NOT an excuse for the sponsor/employer to slack off and not follow Home Office procedures. Employers need to capture evidence in the form of a screenshot that shows the vacancy details and closing date on the UJM website (if not exempt from RLMT). In my case, the HR department had accidentally lost the screenshot, due to a technical glitch on their part - just my luck :(

Hope this helps.