ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FORM AN01-What is "Self Assessment Statement of Account" ?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mobiusrex
Newly Registered

FORM AN01-What is "Self Assessment Statement of Account" ?

Post by Mobiusrex » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:30 pm

Hi all , apologies for asking a question that seems very obvious and I appreciate that this is not a tax forum , but I think I'll get the answer here than anywhere else. I have gone through the forum to find out previous responses around this topic and I am still none the wiser .

For context ,I was self employed for a part of the previous 2 tax years (along with other permanent employment rest of the time) and I am self employed right now.I list below my attempts to get a SA statement of account.

1. I logged on to my HMRC SA online account and I selected Account --> Statement and I got a "you have no statements to view" message.
2. I then phoned up HMRC and requested for a self assessment statement of account and I got a letter titled "SA statement" which contains 5 years worth of tax history at a summary level indicating that I owe no taxes . There is no details of income /NI payments in it. This seems to be similar in detail to the tax year overview that we get to print on the HMRC site,
3. I wasn't entirely convinced that this was a "statement of account" and I phoned up HMRC and have requested for my SA302 documents for the last 4 years . They have advised me that it is on its way in post . HMRC website seems to refer SA302 as "evidence of your earnings"

I am probably over thinking this , I feel that I still won't have the "SA statement of account" once I receive the SA302.Can some one who has submitted the " Self Assessment Statement of Account" as part of their AN01 form advise me what document reference number it corresponds to e.g. SA300,SA302 etc or how it looks like.

Mobiusrex
Newly Registered

Re: FORM AN01-What is "Self Assessment Statement of Account" ?

Post by Mobiusrex » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:34 am

I have now received my naturalisation approval letter for an application I made in July . When I took the HMRC SA Statement letter I had with me to NCS , the lady at NCS said that no such letter was required for non-EU applicants and Home office will be able to determine the tax details with the access they have to HMRC in their systems. She wrote down my UTR number in the application and did not take any HMRC related documents. I was worried that it was contradicting what the HO guidance said in the naturalisation guidance notes. I decided to trust her expertise and not submit SA statement of Account letter evidence . In the end it turned out to be fine.

I do not know if the HO guidance is out of step with what they have told NCS and if it was only my local NCS which didn't take this SA letter. But I thought of sharing this information with the forum , in case any is worried about getting the right letter from HMRC like was earlier this year.