ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Booking a Premium (In Person) Appointment at Glasgow Office

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

FXR_1340
Member of Standing
Scotland

Booking a Premium (In Person) Appointment at Glasgow Office

Post by FXR_1340 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:44 pm

When applying online for a Premium Appointment the first question is are you making this application from within UK. In order to proceed the response must be Yes. If not the application process is stopped.

As my partner is not yet in UK I/we cannot make the application. It would be starting the process with a lie which could quite easily be proven by checking the "Date of Airport Entry" records.

We are aware that online applications can be made up to 45 days in advance.

With this in mind we are eager to know the timeline from making the online application to attend Glasgow Premium Office and the actual date for attending?

Grateful for any information on this.

Kashif_Hussain
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Booking a Premium (In Person) Appointment at Glasgow Office

Post by Kashif_Hussain » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:43 am

Call them and explain the situation...,

FXR_1340
Member of Standing
Scotland

Post by FXR_1340 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:48 am

Kashif_Hussain wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:43 am
Call them and explain the situation...,
Thanks for your reply.

Didnt know it was possible to call these places. I will go and try to find the number.

Thanks again.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:26 am

You really should wait till your partner is in the UK and you are married before trying to apply and book online.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

FXR_1340
Member of Standing
Scotland

Post by FXR_1340 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:58 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:26 am
You really should wait till your partner is in the UK and you are married before trying to apply and book online.
We had thought about booking an appointment once we are both in UK which will be 10 days or so before our wedding ceremony. You think we should hold off until after the ceremony?

We are both eager to do this the correct, open and honest way.

We are just interested (maybe nosey?!) to get an idea of how long it takes to get an appointment from first applying. We understand that, due to the nature of the process, its a bit like asking "how long is a piece of string". So an idea of how long people have waited from application to attending the Premium Centre would give an inkling to what to expect.

So, if anyone has booked an appointment to attend the Premium Centre in Glasgow, how long did you have to wait to attend the Centre?

Tralai
Newly Registered

Post by Tralai » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:20 pm

I summit my application in mid September and booked my appointment for 27 Oct. If this information helps you with anything

FXR_1340
Member of Standing
Scotland

Post by FXR_1340 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:17 pm

Tralai wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:20 pm
I summit my application in mid September and booked my appointment for 27 Oct. If this information helps you with anything
Thank you.

How did your appointment go? Hope it went well for you and yours.

So that would be about 6 weeks from booking online till your appointment in person at the Premium Centre Glasgow.

Was 27 Oct the earliest available date or could you have chosen a date before 27 Oct?

Thanks again for the information.

Tralai
Newly Registered

Post by Tralai » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:33 pm

FXR_1340 wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:17 pm
Tralai wrote:
Thank you.

So that would be about 6 weeks from booking online till your appointment in person at the Premium Centre Glasgow.

Was 27 Oct the earliest available date or could you have chosen a date before 27 Oct?

I have another thread of my appointment experience. You could check it out. :)
Link :immigration-for-family-members/success- ... 42404.html
You can book an appointment 45 days in advance. and no, it wasn't the earliest date available, but the latest day I could get if I book the appointment on that day.

FXR_1340
Member of Standing
Scotland

Post by FXR_1340 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:52 pm

Tralai wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:33 pm
FXR_1340 wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:17 pm
Tralai wrote:
Thank you.

I have another thread of my appointment experience. You could check it out. :)
Link :immigration-for-family-members/success- ... 42404.html
You can book an appointment 45 days in advance. and no, it wasn't the earliest date available, but the latest day I could get if I book the appointment on that day.
Thank you.

It seems you attended the Premium Centre in Croydon. I assume that Centre will be much bsier than Glasgow.I am hoping to receive info specific to the Premium Centre in Glagow.

Thanks again for your information.