ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parents to Irish children

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Samerar
Newly Registered
Ireland

Parents to Irish children

Post by Samerar » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:24 pm

Sir/Madm
My wife and I a parents to Irish citizens children we live in Northern Ireland since July 2012 on refugees status(UK) and now we have applied for indefinite leave to remain (ILR)(UK) my question is are we entitle to apply for Irish citizenship as we are a parents to Irish children and living in island of Ireland over 5 years. Ps all our documents and our Address is Northern Ireland
Thank you.

JAJ
Australia

Re: Parents to Irish children

Post by JAJ » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:57 am

I am not aware of any option for parents of Irish citizen children to apply for Irish citizenship based on residence in Northern Ireland. Although you may want to research further with the Irish authorities: http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP16000022

If your children were born in Northern Ireland (or elsewhere in the United Kingdom) they can be registered as British citizens once you have ILR.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction.

Samerar
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Samerar » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:40 am

Thank you very much for your respond I couldn't find any specific information about my situation that why I'm asking might someone been throw smiler circumstances or someone can help.

Alixlboy
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Alixlboy » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:40 am

I think the only way you can find an exact answer to your question is by writing to the relevant department. I have checked online and there is no email address or phone number provided for the Irish Parents Department. So the only way is to write them a letter. The address details can be found on the INIS website. They will respond to your letter in writing.

Samerar
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Samerar » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:22 pm

Thank you very much I emailed the citizenship department and hope they will get back to me.