ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Entrepreneur Dependant queries

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

samson19
Newly Registered
India

Tier 1 Entrepreneur Dependant queries

Post by samson19 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:23 am

Hello All,

My wife is applying for Tier 1 Entrepreneur. She is switching from Tier 2 ICT.
I am currently on her Tier 2 ICT dependant visa which is valid until June 2018.

1. Do I need to apply for Tier 1 Entrepreneur Dependant at the same time as her or I can apply later after her Tier 1 Entreprenuer is approved?

2. If I apply Tier 1 Entrepreneur Dependant at the same time, can I apply online while she applies by post?

3. If answer to Qs#2 is yes, then can we send both our documents in 1 post together so that it is easy to relate?

4. If I don't apply at the same time and her Tier 1 Entrepreneur application gets approved, then what happens to my current status? Will my status of Tier 2 ICT depdendant be valid?

Regards,
Sam

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 1 Entrepreneur Dependant queries

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:17 am

1. Once she is approved, your ICT dependent visa will no longer be valid. You can apply at the same time or immediately once she is approved. The risk you have is that approvals can take more than 6 months and you risk your current visa expiry.

2. You should apply using the paper form if applying together.

3. See #2

4. Your visa will no longer be valid as you are not dependent on a Tier 2 ICT main visa holder.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

samson19
Newly Registered
India

Re: Tier 1 Entrepreneur Dependant queries

Post by samson19 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:00 pm

Hey CR001,

Many thanks for your reply. Much appreciated.

Also just to confirm, is the "PBS Dependant - Partner" the right form to complete?
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... nt-partner

In the above online form, there is one of the qs as mentioned below:

-------------
<Main Applicant> current UK immigration status

Which visa or permission to stay has <Main Applicant> applied for or been granted?
Choose the service that the PBS main applicant most recently applied for, even if their application is still being processed.
-------------

So can I apply my dependant application online whilst her application is in progress?
The reason I want to do my dependant visa online is because the online form is a lot more simpler to complete.

Regards,
Sam