ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Trading Premises

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Emirates
Mood:
Pakistan

Trading Premises

Post by Emirates » Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:11 pm

Dear members/experts

I need a quick opinion please. I have an address in city centre for meetings which is a virtual office. I meet my clients there If required as to get a proper office there is very expensive yet it gives you all the facilities but I have another office where my 2 employees and me along with my director do our compliance work which is far from city centre but is economical now my question is that these days home office doing visits and MY registered address is VO on companies house so they will visit Vo if they need to. I do not want them to see VO as it will not have all the advertisements boards leaflets and employees there etc.
1) What should I do in this situation should I notify Home office about my second office.
2) what implications will be on the application. I have mentioned the second address on website but not to HO.
3)if they call for interview can I mention about second address and ask them to interview me there.
4)last option I am thinking is very expensive to actually get the big office there which will be costly and move my business there.

Thanks.

Aabdulwaheed

Re: Trading Premises

Post by Aabdulwaheed » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:15 pm

I would suggest you change the address to actual address where all you employee work. Then you can inform them when they call you for interview. you could also inform home office as well. Changing address not a problem but VO would be a problem for you if home office your VO for interview.

hina_pirzada
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by hina_pirzada » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:15 pm

I don't think there is any issue for keeping VO. Lot of companies they have V Offices and they operate from other place. If HO ring you for interview than you can book meeting room in VO and arrange all documents in file to show them. You will not be refused or in trouble you will do like this.

In UK most of the banks and other department have their V offices ( Call Centres) overseas. If you have all paper work in order so you shouldn't be feel any problem.

Aabdulwaheed

Post by Aabdulwaheed » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:58 pm

90% of VO office addressed visa has applications are on hold as per my solicitors information. Home office first conducted the interview and during the interview they had found most of the applicant doesn't even have a trading premises. Few got Visa extension as well but after this disclosure case worker has stopped the application.

Interview at register office only has started because people are faking the business. now they not only visiting the office and also taking the pictures of the photos. main purpose of visit was to check the business place not the meeting room. This VO scam is become the big reason of delaying in genuine businesses as well.

Yes you can have your service or meeting address VO address but not register office. you better have real address as your register office address doesn't matter if it is your home address. Home office has no problem with it. But when your say you trading from the VO and it is your real trading address and premises. It is actually not possible because it is just a Virtual address and we all know the meaning of virtual address. How could it possible someone have employees and £50 or £200k as investment but no trading address. I just wonder how you would justify this to home office.

I wish all of you best of luck but to be honest this VO thing has ruined this tier-1 extension.

Momi
United Kingdom

Post by Momi » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:24 pm

Most people who have been interviewed have either virtual offices or they were working from home. I have seen only 3 people so far who have offices and they have been interviewed.
People who have physical offices still receiving visas after long waits.

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:37 pm

Aabdulwaheed wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:58 pm
This VO scam is become the big reason of delaying in genuine businesses as well.

Yes you can have your service or meeting address VO address but not register office. you better have real address as your register office address doesn't matter if it is your home address. Home office has no problem with it. But when your say you trading from the VO and it is your real trading address and premises. It is actually not possible because it is just a Virtual address and we all know the meaning of virtual address. How could it possible someone have employees and £50 or £200k as investment but no trading address. I just wonder how you would justify this to home office.

I wish all of you best of luck but to be honest this VO thing has ruined this tier-1 extension.
It is entirely possible to have invested that amount and have a genuine business with a VO. The nature of the business dictates where most of the investment goes. There are many businesses providing online services that require heavy investment in programming/development costs.
To suggest having a VO is a scam without knowing the nature of the business is absurd.

For people running their businesses from home, there are a myriad of legal and insurance related issues which have to be considered before using the home address as the registered address. This is actually a very common reason for going with VOs.

Aabdulwaheed

Post by Aabdulwaheed » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:55 pm

sm12 wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:37 pm
Aabdulwaheed wrote:
This VO scam is become the big reason of delaying in genuine businesses as well.

It is entirely possible to have invested that amount and have a genuine business with a VO. The nature of the business dictates where most of the investment goes. There are many businesses providing online services that require heavy investment in programming/development costs.
To suggest having a VO is a scam without knowing the nature of the business is absurd.
When I said SCAM i mean my Solicitor said home office is considering this as scam and almost all application are on hold those use the VO as business trading and register address. To get points of investment it was clearly mentioned in application form and also in investment table ;business must have a trading address and business bank account as signatory. I am afraid as per my solicitor information home office has Flagged high risk (Non genuine) all application with VO.
My honest opinion to everyone please if you short of funds just use the home address as you trading and business address as when you provide services online you definitely provide services from home not from so called VO.

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:08 pm

Aabdulwaheed wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:55 pm
sm12 wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:37 pm
Aabdulwaheed wrote:

When I said SCAM i mean my Solicitor said home office is considering this as scam and almost all application are on hold those use the VO as business trading and register address. To get points of investment it was clearly mentioned in application form and also in investment table ;business must have a trading address and business bank account as signatory. I am afraid as per my solicitor information home office has Flagged high risk (Non genuine) all application with VO.
My honest opinion to everyone please if you short of funds just use the home address as you trading and business address as when you provide services online you definitely provide services from home not from so called VO.
I understand what you are trying to say, I just edited my post above to add that for people running their businesses from home, there are a myriad of legal and insurance related issues which have to be considered before using the home address as the registered address. This is actually a very common reason for going with VOs.
And it is true that technically, one could say that the service is being provided from home, making the home a trading address. However, the form has no space for adding trading address details. Only the registered address is checked (when looking at the CT600, etc). The two addresses can be same, but often they are not.

miumiuuk

Post by miumiuuk » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:08 pm

HO are considering and holding those cases which are trading from home or VO?
Isn't that reasonable for 50k funds entrepreneurs?
50k is really very limited budget for setting up and running a business for 3 years (force to hire two employees) in the UK as genuine entrepreneur's view. They should not allow 50k investment entrepreneur scheme in the beginning if they suspect all businesses trading from home/VO.
HO is more like a scammer to me. They approved the T1E initial visas and then suspended extension ones after people spent off 50k investments. :evil:

manu2017
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by manu2017 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:30 am

VO doesn't have to do anything with the application upheld, I have seen people with proper offices are waiting as well where recently people with home or VO address are getting Visa's in 3 weeks. Its just unfortunate that few peoples are waiting for long time and others are getting the extension fast. I believe that this VO or Home thing its just your Solicitor's own opinion which nothing to deal with HO internal working, as HO never share the reasons with anyone what & why they're delaying the process. I have seen people are getting visas after 8 months without interview and few applied in June or July already given the interview. So no set procedure for HO to decide the applicaiton, its purely on luck.
Wish you all very best including myself for the successful extension :) :) thanks

Emirates
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Emirates » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:10 pm

Dear senior members/moderators

I need an opinion plz as stated above I have virtual office for meentings and another office where I actually sit with my employees but my accountant advised me not to mention 2nd office as it was not the requirement. Now as they doing interviews will that be ok IF i send a letter to HO for my second address as this can trigger suspicion and they will think I am changing office now. Please advise.

Thanks

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:37 pm

Emirates wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:10 pm
Dear senior members/moderators

I need an opinion plz as stated above I have virtual office for meentings and another office where I actually sit with my employees but my accountant advised me not to mention 2nd office as it was not the requirement. Now as they doing interviews will that be ok IF i send a letter to HO for my second address as this can trigger suspicion and they will think I am changing office now. Please advise.

Thanks
I personally think it does not matter. If they do call you for an interview, you can always choose whichever is the one you prefer. What is the address on your website (if you have one) ?
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Emirates
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Emirates » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:38 am

Thanks marc

The address on the web and all docs is VO. Where i do my meetings but I have another office in a businees park near my home.

What should I do and how should I notify home office or should i wait for them to call me and provide them the address they want to meet me.

My timeline
Applied 21/04/2017
Bio 10/05/2017
Complex letter 26/05/2017

Awaiting decision since 10/05/2017

Expecting interview anytime to be honest so I just want to make sure everything is in place.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:15 am

Emirates wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:38 am
Thanks marc

The address on the web and all docs is VO. Where i do my meetings but I have another office in a businees park near my home.

What should I do and how should I notify home office or should i wait for them to call me and provide them the address they want to meet me.

My timeline
Applied 21/04/2017
Bio 10/05/2017
Complex letter 26/05/2017

Awaiting decision since 10/05/2017

Expecting interview anytime to be honest so I just want to make sure everything is in place.
Again, I don't think there is a need to inform HO but no harm letting them know your trading address is different from the registered address.
Obviously, you should have your trading address informed to HMRC, etc.
https://www.gov.uk/running-a-limited-co ... ust-report
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.