ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PR card for an EEA citizen

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

martyna92
Newly Registered

PR card for an EEA citizen

Post by martyna92 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:52 pm

Hello,

I am currently applying for a PR document to then apply for Citizenship. I'm filling the application online and I'm not sure about some of the questions.

I've been in the UK since 2007, but am trying to base my application on my employment years, since I've already been refused this document due to insufficient evidence the first time round. I was in secondary education and college between 2007 and 2011 and struggled to collect evidence to prove that I was in full time education as my mother's dependant.

This time round I am trying to apply as a worker, as I started working part time in September 2011 and became a full time worker in 2015. However, I was also a student between 2011-2014 and this is where my issue is. I want to apply as a worker, since I didn't have CHI as a student.

The application is asking me whether I was a student at any point, since entering UK, which I was. Then it asks if I was a student or self-sufficient person, which I guess I have to answer yes, since I already said that I was studying at a UK university? I don't want to be considered as a student, because I worked all throughout uni, but I don't want to lie and say I wasn't studying. The application also asks about financial resources. I worked, but also had a student maintenance loan and grant to support me, as well as part time work.

Can I answer "no" to the question "Were you a student or self-sufficient person?"? I already said that I was studying, but I was also a worker at the same time.

Not sure what is the best way to go about this bit of the application.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks!