ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD QUESTIONS

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Phase10
Newly Registered

PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD QUESTIONS

Post by Phase10 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:00 pm

Dear sirs/mas, all moderators and well wishers,

Am not sure if I post this to the correct thread, if not I do apologise please.

Greetings to everyone, please I need answers to some concerns after recently granted pr. I was granted pr 2weeks ago and here are my questions and will be glad from response from you all.

1. I have a 6years old who was also granted pr as well, born in the uk, can I register him as BRITISH citizen now that both of us have pr.

2. I also have a new born just 3months old who at the time I applied for pr was unborn and now just 3months old and was born few days before I was granted pr, can I also register him as BRITISH citizen please.

3. Now that I have pr, can I still be travelling to eu countries without a schengen visa like before? I am aware that I have to be travelling with my spouse as a family member without no visa when I was still having resident card eea2 but now is this different with pr.

4. Is there any country a pr holder can travel to without a visa.

5. What are the requirements for naturalisation when I ll be ready in few months time pls.

6. As a pr holder, if I decided to go back to university for a degree course, will I qualify for grant.

7. With pr, what benefit will affect my naturalisation if I decided to take any benefit pls.

Thank you so much for taking time to answer my concerns, I do appreciate you all.

Kind regards.

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Re: PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD QUESTIONS

Post by Hstepper07 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:10 pm

=Phase10 post_id=1554748 time=1509130805 user_id=152574]
Dear sirs/mas, all moderators and well wishers,

Am not sure if I post this to the correct thread, if not I do apologise please.

Greetings to everyone, please I need answers to some concerns after recently granted pr. I was granted pr 2weeks ago and here are my questions and will be glad from response from you all.

1. I have a 6years old who was also granted pr as well, born in the uk, can I register him as BRITISH citizen now that both of us have pr.
yes

2. I also have a new born just 3months old who at the time I applied for pr was unborn and now just 3months old and was born few days before I was granted pr, can I also register him as BRITISH citizen please.im thinking register as british as baby was born bf PR. Members can confirm

3. Now that I have pr, can I still be travelling to eu countries without a schengen visa like before? I am aware that I have to be travelling with my spouse as a family member without no visa when I was still having resident card eea2 but now is this different with pr. still require a visa cost free or travel visa free with EEA partner

4. Is there any country a pr holder can travel to without a visa.
not aware of this

5. What are the requirements for naturalisation when I ll be ready in few months time pls.
[https://www.gov.uk/becoming-a-british-citizenglow]

6. As a pr holder, if I decided to go back to university for a degree course, will I qualify for grant.
you need to have met the residency requirement plus other conditions. Dont think you will qualify if you have studied a higher education course bf

7. With pr, what benefit will affect my naturalisation if I decided to take any benefit pls.

none
Thank you so much for taking time to answer my concerns, I do appreciate you all.

Kind regards.
[/quote]

Phase10
Newly Registered

Post by Phase10 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:07 am

Many thanks for your reply and clarification, I do appreciate.

Kindest regards.

prcame
Newly Registered

Post by prcame » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:40 pm

Hi Hstepper

Sorry to barge in to this thread is the answer on number 3 question is 💯% that I can still travel to EU country without Schengen visa as long as I travel with my wife? ( I got permanent resident card with a remarks of family member of Union Citizen). I am just worried because we are going to Poland this December with my wife who is polish but exercising her treaty rights in UK for 17 years. Many thanks

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:05 pm

Yes. Also have your marriage cert to hand to prove ur relationship