ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

do I need to register with GP to get CSI

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

henda1980
Newly Registered
Egypt

My application for RC as the family member of EEA has been refused

Post by henda1980 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:31 pm

Hello everyone...
I applied for a residence card as the family member of EEA on 3 August 2017 and today I received the refusal letter.
My husband is German and I'm Egyptian and we are married since nine years. We moved to the UK in July 2017.
I applied as the family member of EEA exercising treaty rights in the UK as a self-sufficient person.

the reasons for refusing the applications are:
It is noted that you have not provided adequate evidence to show that you are the family member of a person exercising treaty rights in the UK as a self-sufficient person because:
- firstly, upon assessing photocopies of the bank account statements provided don't show that your EEA sponsor holds sufficient funds, it is first worth highlighting that this office cannot accept/ consider any evidence which has been printed in a manner which the issuing party or authority cannot be appropriately verified (i.e. by official templates, watermarks etc. in their original form) this includes photocopies and word processed documents devoid security features. whilst it is accepted that the evidence supplied is most likely copies or printouts of the original document or source there is no way for this office to verify if the documents have been altered, tampered with or produced directly for the purposes of this application. As such these documents cannot be solely relied on as evidence that your EEA holds sufficient funds.

- secondly, in applications such as this, this office would expect to see evidence of comprehensive sickness insurance which should be in the form of either a private insurance policy or European health insurance card(EHIC) that covers any medical treatment required whilst resident in the UK.

regarding the bank statements, we provided photocopies for three online banking accounts (printed copies) along with the other documents. the only way to prove that the accounts are correct is to open it for them on the laptop. banks don't provide stamped statements, this is archaic.

regarding the health insurance, we didn't provide it. We didn't know that it has to be provided with the documents. anyway, my husband has a private insurance policy and I have to buy one as I don't have one. We were living in Egypt before moving to the UK.

Now we have two options, the first option is appealing against the home office decision and the second is making a new application.
my husband suggested applying for a national insurance number and register as self-employed and then we can apply as a self-employed person and we make a new application for the head office then we don't need bank accounts or insurance.
while I think it is better to appeal against the home office decision.

so what is your advice in that case ?!

Dan0301
India

Re: My application for RC as the family member of EEA has been refused

Post by Dan0301 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:31 pm

Hi there,
I was on same situation few months ago and now I corrected all papers and put new application. According to me don’t waste your time by appealing try to get all documentation proper and apply once again.
Can you please post your time line.

henda1980
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by henda1980 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:45 pm

Dan0301 wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:31 pm
Hi there,
I was on same situation few months ago and now I corrected all papers and put new application. According to me don’t waste your time by appealing try to get all documentation proper and apply once again.
Can you please post your time line.
our bank accounts are online .... we print them from online banking.how to correct the situation?
the bank accounts will be printed online ... same problem I got refused
I can provide the health insurance.
but do u think that it is better to apply as self-sufficient or as my husband suggests to register as self-employed?
and sure I will post the time line

Dan0301
India

Post by Dan0301 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:08 pm

Home office won't accept photocopies they need original documents always, why can't you order paper statement to your address ?
And yes I applied through self employed way now

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:16 pm

Take your printed out statement to your bank and ask them to stamp it for you.

henda1980
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by henda1980 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:24 pm

Hstepper07 wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:16 pm
Take your printed out statement to your bank and ask them to stamp it for you.
They are ONLINE banks dear ... they don't have branches or anything :D

henda1980
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by henda1980 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:26 pm

Dan0301 wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:08 pm
Home office won't accept photocopies they need original documents always, why can't you order paper statement to your address ?
And yes I applied through self employed way now
did you register as self-employed recently? I'm worried they will think that we registered as self-employed just to get the RC and reject us again :(
there will be no tax certificates yet to prove the work

J10M
South Africa

Post by J10M » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:52 pm

Not to sound condescending in any manner, but surely you can get statements mailed the old fashioned way to a residential address?

The simplest question is who do you bank with?

I also believe you need the comprehensive sickness insurance and that has always been a requirement for self employed applicants.

Again, better to just submit a new application

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:30 pm

I agree with J10M. Ask your bank to send your statement covering the relevant months to your home address and then reapply with your CSI.

henda1980
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by henda1980 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:44 pm

Hstepper07 wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:30 pm
I agree with J10M. Ask your bank to send your statement covering the relevant months to your home address and then reapply with your CSI.
now correct me if I'm wrong, but on the gov site they don't mention the CSI in the documents required when applying as self-employed person
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... -04_KP.pdf

henda1980
Newly Registered
Egypt

do I need to register with GP to get CSI

Post by henda1980 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:02 pm

Hello there,
I consulted one of the Comprehensive sickness insurance providers to get info about how to get a private insurance policy. I need to provide it with my application of the family member of the self-sufficient EEA

I was informed that I have to register with GP first and he offered my a policy for 60 pounds monthly!

do I really need to register with GP ? and do I have to buy a policy for 60 pounds monthly?

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:45 pm

henda1980 wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:44 pm
Hstepper07 wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:30 pm
now correct me if I'm wrong, but on the gov site they don't mention the CSI in the documents required when applying as self-employed person
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... -04_KP.pdf
You are correct but you said that you applied as a self sufficient person not self employed

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Re: do I need to register with GP to get CSI

Post by Hstepper07 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:59 pm

henda1980 wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:02 pm
Hello there,
I consulted one of the Comprehensive sickness insurance providers to get info about how to get a private insurance policy. I need to provide it with my application of the family member of the self-sufficient EEA

I was informed that I have to register with GP first and he offered my a policy for 60 pounds monthly!

do I really need to register with GP ? and do I have to buy a policy for 60 pounds monthly?
Some Insurance companies usually make enquiries from GP. £60 sounds about the amount for comprehensive insurance . You can shop around and for further comparison.