ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT!!!!!! Help required - No Absence Letter from Previous Employer

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

saz1703
Mood:
India

URGENT!!!!!! Help required - No Absence Letter from Previous Employer

Post by saz1703 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:45 pm

Hi Gurus / Experts, before starting I would like to really thank you all for providing me all your vital suggestions and opinions in the past which has been very beneficial to me and my family.

I would really like to have some help on the following as I am applying for my ILR application in the coming weeks and really concerned and worried:

I worked for employer 'X' from period 03 Jul 2013 to 19 Jun 2014. My job required to be based at company 'A' during my entire employment tenure with employer X, reporting to a line manager in company 'A' and delivering projects for company A. My manager with employer 'X' was rarely involved as he was based at employer 'X' site. I only had very few interactions with him possibly twice / thrice during the year. And this was because my line manager in company 'A' was fully involved in my day to day work.

My salary was payed based on the attendance management system of employer 'X' which was required to be filled in on daily basis from myself which then got approved by my manager of employer 'X'.

I went out of UK to India on my annual holidays from 11 Dec 2013 to 15 Jan 2014. During these period I was working from India on the following dates - 02 Jan 2014 to 03 Jan 2014 & 13 Jan 2014 to 15 Jan 2014. This was in agreement to my line manager at company A due to a business need. However I did not informed my employer 'X' about the situation.

In regards to this I updated the attendance management system for employer X as follows:

11 Dec 2013 to 01 Jan 2014 - Annual Holidays
02 Jan 2014 to 03 Jan 2014 - Working
04 Jan 2014 to 12 Jan 2014 - Annual Holidays
13 Jan 2014 to 15 Jan 2014 - Working

Based on above I got my full month's salary paid for the month of December and January (shown in the salary slips).

Now when I requested employer 'X' to provide me a letter confirming my period of absence with all the above information they were not providing the letter as according to their policy they dont normally provide absence letters for employees who no longer work with them.

After arguing with them for days they agreed to send me a document confirming the days for my annual leave as shown in their management system. However when I requested them to provide a document / letter confirming the days I worked from India they have straight away denied it. According to them since they were not aware of my scenario and hence cannot confirm this. However as mentioned earlier I got my salary fully payed for the month of Dec 2013 and Jan 2014.

Could you please advise me what should I do in order to resolve the situation i.e what should I provide to confirm my period of absence for my ILR application.

Thanks

saz1703
Mood:
India

Re: URGENT!!!!!! Help required - No Absence Letter from Previous Employer

Post by saz1703 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:48 am

Hi Gurus/Experts, can I please request to help me in resolving my current situation. I really need some help so your feedback would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

saz1703
Mood:
India

Post by saz1703 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:27 pm

62 views and none have replied....

Requesting you all to please reply. My appointment date is coming very soon...

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:53 pm

It is irrelevant that you continued to work outside the UK for your employer in that period. The rules require you to have a letter for all your absences from the UK in general and that will be deducted from the 180 days per year allowed. Generally for absences of 30 days or less in a year, the case workers are allowed to proceed with your application even without a letter.
Currently you cannot do more and you must proceed with what you have and hope for the best. Obviously the rules require you to provide the evidence and it is then at the discretion on the case worker to decide
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

saz1703
Mood:
India

Post by saz1703 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:53 pm

Hi zimba88, thanks and appreciate your reply. So could you please suggest what documents should I provide in order to support my application.

I was planning to submit the following:

1) Employment letter provided by company 'X' confirming that I was an employer at company 'X' and worked from period 03 Jul 2013 to 19 Jun 2014.

2) A covering letter (written myself) to explain that I was on holidays on the dates from 11 Dec 2013 to 15 Dec 2014 and that during this period I was working on the days 02 Jan 2014 to 03 Jan 2014 & 13 Jan 2014 to 15 Jan 2014.

3) Salary slips for the month of Dec 2013 and Jan 2014 to illustrate that my salary was paid in full for these months.

Could you please confirm if this is ok or anything else needs to be provided.

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:10 am

Those are fine. Good luck
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice