ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HO requested original documents

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

abigail2
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

HO requested original documents

Post by abigail2 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:16 am

Hi everyone,

After approx. 5 mns waiting, HO asked me to provide my original documents. I applied via NCS. I sent off my documents to HO straight away and they received them on 23.10.17 (tracked mail) I included a prepaid special delivery envelope for my documents to be returned. I read a lot of posts here that sometime HO does not use the special delivery envelope but I gave it try anyway.

My questions are;

1) How long does it normally take to get my documents back? I will be moving in approx. 1 month from today so I am worried it will complicate things to get my documents back on time.

2) Is there anyone who has recently received their documents in their prepaid envelope? And did the decision letter arrive separately?

3) How long after sending off your documents did it show DECIDED online?

I will be happy for any recent timeline examples when additional documents are requested by HO.

Thank you!

Arshsam
United Kingdom

Re: HO requested original documents

Post by Arshsam » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:41 pm

abigail2 wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:16 am
Hi everyone,

After approx. 5 mns waiting, HO asked me to provide my original documents. I applied via NCS. I sent off my documents to HO straight away and they received them on 23.10.17 (tracked mail) I included a prepaid special delivery envelope for my documents to be returned. I read a lot of posts here that sometime HO does not use the special delivery envelope but I gave it try anyway.

My questions are;

1) How long does it normally take to get my documents back? I will be moving in approx. 1 month from today so I am worried it will complicate things to get my documents back on time.

2) Is there anyone who has recently received their documents in their prepaid envelope? And did the decision letter arrive separately?

3) How long after sending off your documents did it show DECIDED online?

I will be happy for any recent timeline examples when additional documents are requested by HO.

Thank you!
What's your Timeline ?

Did you get any reply or status update ?

yankettegal
Newly Registered

Post by yankettegal » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:04 am

This seems to be a recurring recent request by HO..... like a few of us from May are being asked to provide this 5 months later. Is it so they can reset their little timeline clock? Tick, tock, driving me crazy!

BKKH
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by BKKH » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:41 am

yankettegal wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:04 am
This seems to be a recurring recent request by HO..... like a few of us from May are being asked to provide this 5 months later. Is it so they can reset their little timeline clock? Tick, tock, driving me crazy!

Do you have any idea that how long HO take to return documents back. I have send my originals on 30 of September and still waiting for decision or original passport and BRP card Back as i have made the request for rerun documents on 12 of October and still no news.

abigail2
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by abigail2 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:46 am

No updates for me yet. My timeline (EU citizen)...
Applied via NCS 31/05/17
Biometrics done 16/6
HO requested original documents 20/10
HO reveived my documents 23/10

Btw they are requesting my original LIUK test too..apparently it was not included ...but it was included! it was sent to them via NCS. I wonder if they lost it or just keep sending some generic letter to everyone requesting ALL documents. I had to explain it in a lettet and sent them a copy. Also don't understand why they want evidence for the past 12mns. I sent copies of all my p60 and final 3 payslips for the past 6 yrs via NCS and they want them again. I have been employed with my current employer for 7yrs and even a letter from my employer was included in the first place. Do they do spot checks on documents? Or why do they want it all again?

Anyone else any updates, timelines for when I can get a decision? This is so frustrating!

amehmood04916
Newly Registered

Post by amehmood04916 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:11 am

abigail2 wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:46 am
Applied via NCS 31/05/17
Biometrics done 16/6

Btw they are requesting my original LIUK test too..apparently it was not included ...but it was included! it was sent to them via NCS. I wonder if they lost it or just keep sending some generic letter to everyone requesting ALL documents. I had to explain it in a lettet and sent them a copy. Also don't understand why they want evidence for the past 12mns. I sent copies of all my p60 and final 3 payslips for the past 6 yrs via NCS and they want them again. I have been employed with my current employer for 7yrs and even a letter from my employer was included in the first place. Do they do spot checks on documents? Or why do they want it all again?

Anyone else any updates, timelines for when I can get a decision? This is so frustrating!
I also applied 19.05.17 and after waiting 5 months they requested original passports and nothing else. I sent them someday of receiving letter and until today heard nothing. The straight forward application are decided within 6 months and if home office ask for further details then those applications do not fall under 6 months processing time. I don't know how long more to wait but can't do anything accept wait.

kirkerj
New Zealand

Post by kirkerj » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:24 am

abigail2 wrote:
Applied via NCS 31/05/17
Biometrics done 16/6

They do it to excuse their slowness I am sure. If they request anything of me I am going to withdraw my application. I have had enough of this process

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:42 am

kirkerj wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:24 am
They do it to excuse their slowness I am sure. If they request anything of me I am going to withdraw my application. I have had enough of this process
HO is well within their rights to ask for the originals in order to assess a citizenship application. HO might request originals to verify certain things, i.e. to check authenticity of documents or entry/exit stamps (that do fade for example).

Citizenship is a privilege not a right or entitlement.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kirkerj
New Zealand

Post by kirkerj » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:50 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:42 am
kirkerj wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:24 am
HO is well within their rights to ask for the originals in order to assess a citizenship application. HO might request originals to verify certain things, i.e. to check authenticity of documents or entry/exit stamps (that do fade for example).

Citizenship is a privilege not a right or entitlement.
I realize that but we also have the right to have our applications dealt with in a transparent and expedient manner, neither of which is happening.

As for fading stamps, I know for a fact NZ can track and have electronic records of each persons entry into and exit from the country so I don't see why they can't access those as surely the UK has the same technology.........

abigail2
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by abigail2 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:59 pm

amehmood04916 wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:11 am
abigail2 wrote:
Applied via NCS 31/05/17
Biometrics done 16/6

I also applied 19.05.17 and after waiting 5 months they requested original passports and nothing else. I sent them someday of receiving letter and until today heard nothing. The straight forward application are decided within 6 months and if home office ask for further details then those applications do not fall under 6 months processing time. I don't know how long more to wait but can't do anything accept wait.
Amehmood...when did you send your passport and which day did they receive it? I'm just curious how many days you have been waiting so far. Also did you give them a prepaid special delivery envelope for your return of passport?

yankettegal
Newly Registered

Post by yankettegal » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:11 pm

CR001, I do understand that citizenship is a privilege. I also understand how government workers work. It just seems that when they are getting close to their own prescribed guidelines, that they push them that much further by asking for additional information at the five plus month mark. Please correct me if I am wrong, it is just so soul-wrenching!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:16 pm

yankettegal wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:11 pm
CR001, I do understand that citizenship is a privilege. I also understand how government workers work. It just seems that when they are getting close to their own prescribed guidelines, that they push them that much further by asking for additional information at the five plus month mark. Please correct me if I am wrong, it is just so soul-wrenching!
Not many applicants get asked for additional information at all, so you are wrong.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

yankettegal
Newly Registered

Post by yankettegal » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:50 pm

There have been a few people from the May timeline asked to send original docs. Perhaps I do not understand this timeline? I do hope that I haven't offended you as I am really confused as to how this works??

kirkerj
New Zealand

Post by kirkerj » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:05 pm

yankettegal wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:50 pm
There have been a few people from the May timeline asked to send original docs. Perhaps I do not understand this timeline? I do hope that I haven't offended you as I am really confused as to how this works??
There is no system, I think that's the answer. It does look suspicious if a lot from May have been asked for original documents but equally it could be coincidence. Because they are behind on processing maybe they are only just getting to the May 'tricky' ones now? I don't think we will never know. It seems that whenever someone has contact with an actual human from UK Visas & Immigration they are nice so I don't think they are doing it deliberately, they just work within a bad system.

BKKH
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by BKKH » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:48 pm

No updates for me yet.

Applied via NCS: 09/05/17
Biometrics done: 25/05/2017
HO requested original documents letter dated 25/09/ 2017 received 28/09/2017
HO received my documents 02/10/2017
Decision Date: Waiting

Its not understandable that why HO ask for the Current Passport and BRP Card, other documents are total fine and i have no problem to sending them.

HO is completely aware that we have applied through NCS so they could have ask us to contact the NCS and ask them to make a photocopies and send them back as if they previous one are not clear to them.

I have used the NCS services only the reason was that i was planing to travel in October but just before my traveling date HO asked for documents. so i have to cancel all the tickets and plan.

Its totally unfair with us.

amehmood04916
Newly Registered

Post by amehmood04916 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:07 pm

abigail2 wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:59 pm
amehmood04916 wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:11 am
abigail2 wrote:
Applied via NCS 31/05/17
Biometrics done 16/6

Amehmood...when did you send your passport and which day did they receive it? I'm just curious how many days you have been waiting so far. Also did you give them a prepaid special delivery envelope for your return of passport?
@abigail2
I received letter last Tuesday 24.10.17 and send passports someday by special delivery HO received next day at 8:54AM. HO provided postage label which case worker, Department number and address on it.

abigail2
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by abigail2 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:43 pm

BKKH wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:48 pm
No updates for me yet.

Decision Date: Waiting

Its not understandable that why HO ask for the Current Passport and BRP Card, other documents are total fine and i have no problem to sending them.

HO is completely aware that we have applied through NCS so they could have ask us to contact the NCS and ask them to make a photocopies and send them back as if they previous one are not clear to them.

I have used the NCS services only the reason was that i was planing to travel in October but just before my traveling date HO asked for documents. so i have to cancel all the tickets and plan.

BKKH

Please keep us updated with ur timeline, you sent your original documents approx 4 weeks earlier. Thanks! And good luck.

abigail2
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by abigail2 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:46 pm

yankettegal wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:04 am
Yankettegal what's your timeline?

BKKH
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by BKKH » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:38 am

BKKH wrote:
No updates for me yet.

Decision Date: Waiting Online status is still awaiting for decision
Received Approval letter: 31/ 10 /2017 , date 27/10/2017. with the special next day delivery envelop that i have sent to HO while posting my documents to HO for return post.

Dear All
At last Good news for me.
I have received my documents ( Passport and BRP Card + other supporting documents) today with the approval letter after 4 weeks.

I hope that all other group member who have sent the documents will get a good news soon.

abigail2
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by abigail2 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:50 am

BKKH wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:38 am
BKKH wrote:
No updates for me yet.

Decision Date: Waiting Online status is still awaiting for decision
Received Approval letter: 31/ 10 /2017 , date 27/10/2017. with the special next day delivery envelop that i have sent to HO while posting my documents to HO for return post.

Dear All
At last Good news for me.
I have received my documents ( Passport and BRP Card + other supporting documents) today with the approval letter after 4 weeks.

I hope that all other group member who have sent the documents will get a good news soon.
Thanks so much for your updated timeline. It will ease our pain. At least we have some sort of idea how long it can take. I actually spotted a post yesterday and another member also got his decision after a month. So 1 month it is roughly! Massive congratulations! :D

abigail2
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by abigail2 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:58 pm

My update. Citizenship approved 11 days after the HO received my original documents! Yayy! :D

- Applied via NCS 31/05/17 (EU citizen)
- Biometrics done 16/6
- HO requested original documents 20/10
- HO reveived my documents via special delivery 23/10 (I sent them exactly the same documents that I gave to NCS but also added all the current payslips for the past 12mns and an updated letter from my employer)
- Citizenship approval letter arrived 2/11...They sent the letter to me in my prepaid special delivery envelope that I provided for my documents. All my original documents were also returned in this envelope. I knew the envelope was coming today because I was able to track the barcode number on the royal mail website the night before on 1/11 . It showed: Item collected at 5:35pm and in transit
- Online status as of now still showing: awaiting a decision
- Invitation to ceremony: waiting

I wish you all a quick approval! Good luck! It surley is quite stressful waiting for 5mns and 2 days in total

Danval
Newly Registered

Post by Danval » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:11 pm

I was wondering that though... if on the website even if it says "awaiting decision" you may still get the approval letter either way. I think you are the first person i see that says that and in my head i can at least say "ignore that" when i see my awaiting decision frustrating message...
I've applied on the 14th of July and got email from HO on the 28th of July to acknowledge it and thought by this time i would know something already to plan holidays (still have 2 weeks i didn't take and i need to take them before the end of the year or i will lose them)