ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

three months COS about to expire and no news of visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

extremedelay2017
Newly Registered
India

three months COS about to expire and no news of visa

Post by extremedelay2017 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:55 am

Hi,

I had applied on 21 Aug for a Priority Tier 2 General. My joining date was on 21 Sep but I haven't heard from the UKVI so far.

I have 2 questions - I read somewhere that delay in joining should not be more than 4 weeks from the date given in COS. Is it applicable in my case when UKVI has not decided so far and I have submitted application on time ? (My company is willing to give me a new date of joining)

2) My COS will expire on 15 Nov. In case I dont hear from UKVI by then then do I have to get a new COS and reapply for visa ? Do I have to pay the fees again in that case ?

Thanks a lot for any answers.

extremedelay2017
Newly Registered
India

Re: three months COS about to expire and no news of visa

Post by extremedelay2017 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:06 am

Hi,

Can anyone please advise on this. Or please point me to the posts if this has been discussed elsewhere.

Thanks

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:35 am

extremedelay2017 wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:55 am
Hi,

I had applied on 21 Aug for a Priority Tier 2 General. My joining date was on 21 Sep but I haven't heard from the UKVI so far.

I have 2 questions - I read somewhere that delay in joining should not be more than 4 weeks from the date given in COS. Is it applicable in my case when UKVI has not decided so far and I have submitted application on time ? (My company is willing to give me a new date of joining)

2) My COS will expire on 15 Nov. In case I dont hear from UKVI by then then do I have to get a new COS and reapply for visa ? Do I have to pay the fees again in that case ?

You can not change your joining date when your application is still under review. you don't have to worry about it. Likewise, for COS validity, you only need to worry about cos when you have not used it. in your case, you have used the cos to apply, you are only waiting for a decision. Again, there's nothing you can do. I will only suggest that your sponsor gets another COS that they can assign to you in case your application is denied and need to make another application.

All the best
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

arm021
Newly Registered
Wales

Post by arm021 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:35 am

Sorry for hijacking the post but i am in similar situation is the sponsor not allowed to change the joining(start date) through sponsor note if not heard.

As i am confused where you mentioned that you can not change joining date if application is under review. So they can not put sponsor note stating that joining date has been changed? If you can give any Homeoffice reference please. Thanks

Sorry again

extremedelay2017
Newly Registered
India

Post by extremedelay2017 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:59 am

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies.

I asked my company. They said joining date is not issue as they will issue me a new date once visa is granted. I was not clear about the validity of CoS .

But now after the replies, I think that too should not be an issue.

Thanks once again.

extremedelay2017
Newly Registered
India

Post by extremedelay2017 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:25 am

Djsuccess wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:35 am
extremedelay2017 wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:55 am
Hi,

You can not change your joining date when your application is still under review. you don't have to worry about it. Likewise, for COS validity, you only need to worry about cos when you have not used it. in your case, you have used the cos to apply, you are only waiting for a decision. Again, there's nothing you can do. I will only suggest that your sponsor gets another COS that they can assign to you in case your application is denied and need to make another application.

All the best
Hi,

Finally after almost 80 days I got my visa.

My query is - My date of joining which was mentioned in the CoS has already passed. My company is giving me another letter with amended date of joining.

But do I need an amended CoS also with new date of joining on it ? I can enter UK only 14 days before date of joining. So what will immigration authorities check to know that I am coming only 14 days before. Will the be happy with only the company contract letter with new date of joining ?

Thanks for the assistance.