ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for both UK HSMP and US H1-B

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mjshruthi
Newly Registered

Applying for both UK HSMP and US H1-B

Post by mjshruthi » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:05 am

Hi,

I would like to know, if applying for both UK HSMP as well as US H1-B, will affect the chances of HSMP or EC being rejected.

Will that mean, that once i get a H1-B, i will not be accepted further by UK government for HSMP?

The matter seems very complicated to me. Is it in any way illegal? :(

Waiting for your advice.

deepakad
Newly Registered

Post by deepakad » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:45 am

I think there is nothing illegal with that. These are two different countries and should not impact each other.

Yes if your H1 gets rejected, then during EC they may ask you more information or dig up more at that time....well i dont have the example, so can't say much...this is just what i can think of...

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp1412 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:08 pm

I have both a US H1B and a UK WP(not for the same time period though)... I dont think they have any impact on each other ... altho if one of them gets rejected then the other might call for greater scrutiny.