ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

DLR Questions

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jaanxox
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

DLR Questions

Post by jaanxox » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:11 am

Right i want to understand something. I am british. So my partner has just claimed for a new visa. I wanted to know when will he recieves his discretinary leave to remain visa. And how long does it takes to come. Can you also advise me. That when he does recieves the DLR. Can he able to take any course. Like Esol classes. Is he allowed to the Life in the uk test yet. Or he has to wait till another 6 years for the indefinate leave

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Hello. Its jaanxox

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:34 am

If he has applied by post, it can take a few months. It depends on his circumstances.

Hr can do cpurse but will have to pay for them. ESOL is no longer accepted by HO so he needs to be aware if that.

He can do Life in the UK at any time.

Pls use better subject titles than "Hello. Its jaanxox", such as "DLR applied, advice on various questions" for example, rather than your title you are have for each topic posted. Your title shpuld give members an idea and clue what your are asking about.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jaanxox
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Re: DLR

Post by jaanxox » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:21 pm

Sorry about my title. Didnt know. I thought i have to put my name.
Ok i know about the esol classes. And i know we got to find those classes ourselves.

So thank you for letting me knkw and giving me an advice.
So i know that hw can do the life in the uk.

Does the test ever expires. Or its stays on that date forever.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: DLR Questions

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:37 pm

English language tests have an expiry date, they are valid for only 2 years.

LIUK does not expire.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.