ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Poor service of Waltham forest NCS

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cbx102
Newly Registered

Poor service of Waltham forest NCS

Post by cbx102 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:36 pm

If anybody planning to to apply through Waltham forest NCS, You better think again.

Couple of months ago, I was trying to book and appointment with Waltham forest NCS. After numerous calls and emails finally managed to call someone in the council to make an appointment.The guy from registry told me, you have to wait 2 months to get an appointment.I rang Islington council straight away and they gave me appontment on same week and they are really helpful.

I have asked from Home office to arrange the cereomony with Islington council.Now I'm having problem with Walthamforest Council again. Home ofice asked Waltham forest to organise ceremony for me.

Guess what? I got Home office approval within 20 days.Now again, I have to wait 02 months for citizenship ceremoney.

Very poor communication from Waltham forest council. No replies to emails or calls. Avoid this council, If you can.
Last edited by cbx102 on Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

boloney

Re: Poor service of Waltham forest NCS

Post by boloney » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:22 pm

it`s shame you have`t posted it couple of months ago.
I live in this council and my ceremony will be there. If I was aware of this I would go somewhere else. It`s too late now, hope I get my invitation letter soon.

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:04 pm

One of my friends had a very bad experience too. Hope you get your invitation letter soon

boloney

Post by boloney » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:28 pm

Gagan1986 wrote:One of my friends had a very bad experience too. Hope you get your invitation letter soon
now it`s too late for me. but for appointment to register birth I was waiting about 4-5 weeks, I should have noticed that them.
they have two weeks to send it, otherwise I will be getting my local MP in it.
few weeks ago I got him involved in dispute with UKBA about SAR (I was waiting 6 months and they did`t send it) after MP and couple of MEP`s got involved they sorted it in a week time. so thats the way to keep thinks moving in this country. :)

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:33 pm

boloney wrote:[quote="Gagan1986
few weeks ago I got him involved in dispute with UKBA about SAR (I was waiting 6 months and they did`t send it) after MP and couple of MEP`s got involved they sorted it in a week time. so thats the way to keep thinks moving in this country. :)
Agree, it's shambles. It's been more than 3 months I have been waiting for my SAR report. I only needed it for my ILR which has been approved and still no sign of it. I sent them them an email couple of days back pretty much saying stuff the SAR report and now I don't need cuz you failed to deliver in the agreed time(40days) and refund my money back(though it's only £10, and doesn't make any difference to me) but just to annoy them,

boloney

Post by boloney » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:47 pm

Gagan1986 wrote:
boloney wrote:[quote="Gagan1986
Agree, it's shambles. It's been more than 3 months I have been waiting for my SAR report. I only needed it for my ILR which has been approved and still no sign of it. I sent them them an email couple of days back pretty much saying stuff the SAR report and now I don't need cuz you failed to deliver in the agreed time(40days) and refund my money back(though it's only £10, and doesn't make any difference to me) but just to annoy them,
send them letter before action and complain to your local MP and MEPs, thats what I have done and one of them thinks worked in my case. Receiver my SAR in about 10 days from my action.

Mrykhami
Newly Registered

Re:

Post by Mrykhami » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:03 am

boloney wrote:
Gagan1986 wrote:One of my friends had a very bad experience too. Hope you get your invitation letter soon
now it`s too late for me. but for appointment to register birth I was waiting about 4-5 weeks, I should have noticed that them.
they have two weeks to send it, otherwise I will be getting my local MP in it.
Hello. I'm in the same situation right now. I called the council numerous times now is been three weeks and no invitation letter from them ;( the worst part is that you can't book a private ceremony without the letter. I've never contacted the local MP though but I'd like to. Do you guys have the details of the MP in Waltham forest? any help will be appreciated! Thank you.

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:56 am

natienka
Newly Registered

Post by natienka » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:35 pm

Just FYI, I also live in Waltham Forest and my invitation letter arrived 1 day after my Home Office letter, inviting me to a ceremony in 2 weeks. Either they changed staff or something improved along the way.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:58 pm

natienka wrote:Just FYI, I also live in Waltham Forest and my invitation letter arrived 1 day after my Home Office letter, inviting me to a ceremony in 2 weeks. Either they changed staff or something improved along the way.
Maybe this topic helped.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

aaliyah_sa
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by aaliyah_sa » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:04 pm

Our NCS and Citizenship Service at London Borough of Waltham Forest has undergone major improvements. We are able to offer Nationality Checking Service (NCS) appointments and private citizenship ceremonies at short notice, you do not need to live in the borough and we can also check your British Passport application at the same time. Please visit our website for bookings. Alternatively you can email us on Register.Office@walthamforest.gov.uk

A.Ali – Registrations Services Manager – Waltham Forest