ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Traveling to UK with Ryanair

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

water_tank1
Ireland

Traveling to UK with Ryanair

Post by water_tank1 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:39 pm

Hi all,

Has anyone recently traveled to the UK with Ryanair with there non EU spouse holding Stamp 4 EUFAM?

We have to travel last minute due to a family emergency.
Aer Lingus is fine for traveling with but are expensive so I wondered if anyone has had any problems traveling with Ryanair?

I have checked Timatic (the visa checking service used by Airlines) and it confirms we don't need a visa to travel -
"Passengers with a residence card issued by Ireland (Rep.) if it contains a stamp 4 EUFam. The card must be issued to
family members of a national of Switzerland or an EEA Member State . They must travel with or travel to join the national
of Switzerland or EEA Member State. This does not apply to passengers with a different type of residence permit"

I have spoken with Ryanair using their online chat service and they say it is OK. JUst a little apprehensive using Ryanair.

I am planning to fly from Dublin to an airport in the North of the UK.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Traveling to UK with Ryanair

Post by Wanderer » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:26 pm

Having flown DUB-LBA DUB-LGW and driven God knows how many times I'd not trust Ryanair staff not to kick up a fuss.

Aer Lingus are just as cheap as Ryanair for me, but it's a propeller plane, had the whole thing to myself with 5 other passengers once. They accept drivers licence/PSC card as you probably know.

If it's North of England consider the Ferry/train combo, foot or car if you drive. Can get expensive tho...
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

dupalsky

Re: Traveling to UK with Ryanair

Post by dupalsky » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:28 pm

Hey Water_tank1,

Yes you can travel to With Ryanair to the UK with your other half or alone(if you are going to join in him), as long as u r holding a stamp4eufam.

I have travelled to the Netherlands countless times this way, both with my partner and alone.

You will be ok!

Dupalsky