ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

october2013

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by october2013 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:41 pm

Is the ceremony free or do we have to pay?

MAS99
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by MAS99 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:44 pm

So for those whose application is in process for more than 6 months, do they get an update letter as why it is taking that much time ? Do they get any kind of status feedback ?

The initial letter says that you can contact them if it is more than 6 months .. Does anybody know what contact number is that ?

My application date is 1st July so I am going to call them tomorrow . See if I can get any kind of feedback. Anybody else tried calling them before 6 months ?

Saulman
inactive

Post by Saulman » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:20 am

MAS99 wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:44 pm
So for those whose application is in process for more than 6 months, do they get an update letter as why it is taking that much time ? Do they get any kind of status feedback ?

The initial letter says that you can contact them if it is more than 6 months .. Does anybody know what contact number is that ?

My application date is 1st July so I am going to call them tomorrow . See if I can get any kind of feedback. Anybody else tried calling them before 6 months ?
Hi, I did email and asked for the status of my application which applies in Jun, in reply they said it takes upto 6month. Email them ask for yours, it should be okay. Here address citizenship.support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Make sure put all your details and case reference .

kirkerj
New Zealand

Post by kirkerj » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:40 am

Saulman wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:20 am
MAS99 wrote:

Hi, I did email and asked for the status of my application which applies in Jun, in reply they said it takes upto 6month. Email them ask for yours, it should be okay. Here address citizenship.support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

I emailed on Monday and complete radio silence

kirkerj
New Zealand

Post by kirkerj » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:49 am

I just saw a SAFA who applied a month after me (I applied 10 July, they are August) get their application back. They really need to stop saying they process these in order....

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:55 am

Can this topic please not descend into a 'any update', 'when did you apply' 'timeline' topic. There is the topic link below for such discussions.

british-citizenship/check-the-status-of ... 32268.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tdealing

Post by tdealing » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:49 pm

Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know that my application status has been changed to decided.

I believe it's because I changed my address online this Monday and that probably nudged them so they got on my case.

I am so scared that my application was unsuccessful. I have one default debt of £108 from Vodafone that I don't know how to pay back. Vodafone says that the debt is not with them and when I call the company they forwarded my debt to they can't see it on the system. It shows as red on my credit score. Do you think that could affect my application?

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:58 am

tdealing wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:49 pm
Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know that my application status has been changed to decided.

I believe it's because I changed my address online this Monday and that probably nudged them so they got on my case.

I am so scared that my application was unsuccessful. I have one default debt of £108 from Vodafone that I don't know how to pay back. Vodafone says that the debt is not with them and when I call the company they forwarded my debt to they can't see it on the system. It shows as red on my credit score. Do you think that could affect my application?
Whatever the outcome it's been decided.

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:02 am

kirkerj wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:49 am
I just saw a SAFA who applied a month after me (I applied 10 July, they are August) get their application back. They really need to stop saying they process these in order....
They're lucky, if the UKVI communicated with Home affairs they were lucky to get a speedy response, they are usually hopeless, took the three attempts to get correct name in a passport and seven years for a relative permit.

MAS99
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by MAS99 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:00 pm

Saulman wrote:
MAS99 wrote:

I mean the question .. is this online system really works ? What if they have decided but not updated the system ? This 6 months time period should be reduced to 3 month and more update on progress required..

kirkerj
New Zealand

Post by kirkerj » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:51 am

MAS99 wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:00 pm
Saulman wrote:
MAS99 wrote:

I mean the question .. is this online system really works ? What if they have decided but not updated the system ? This 6 months time period should be reduced to 3 month and more update on progress required..
So I emailed them and they said nothing about 6 months. I am hoping this serves to be a kick up the behind of whoever is processing mine...

Dear XXX,

Thank you for your email regarding the process of your application. I have checked your record and no further information has been requested. I have forwarded your email onto the relevant department.

Kind regards

Arshsam
United Kingdom

Post by Arshsam » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:52 pm

kirkerj wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:51 am
MAS99 wrote:
Saulman wrote:
MAS99 wrote:

So I emailed them and they said nothing about 6 months. I am hoping this serves to be a kick up the behind of whoever is processing mine...

Dear XXX,

Thank you for your email regarding the process of your application. I have checked your record and no further information has been requested. I have forwarded your email onto the relevant department.

Kind regards
Hi kirkerj

Can you please share the letter and take out your personal details just the matter ....

what you email... if possible because i want to send them too it will be really helpful...

Thanks

tdealing

Post by tdealing » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:04 pm

Arshsam wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:52 pm
kirkerj wrote:
MAS99 wrote:
Saulman wrote:

Dear XXX,

Kind regards
Hi kirkerj

Can you please share the letter and take out your personal details just the matter ....

what you email... if possible because i want to send them too it will be really helpful...

Thanks
I have also emailed them on Monday and got my online status changed to decided on Friday. Now I'm just waiting for the letter.

tdealing

Post by tdealing » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:05 pm

I have applied for the passport at the same time as I sent my application for naturalisation, since then I moved to a different city altogether. How do I notify the passport office?

softy monster
Algeria

Post by softy monster » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:28 pm

tdealing wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:05 pm
I have applied for the passport at the same time as I sent my application for naturalisation, since then I moved to a different city altogether. How do I notify the passport office?
Read carefully the last page you have been given by NCS and it should be called “Local Authority Passport Check” as it was a joint application JCAP
Also you can’t contact HMPO until your application for citizenship has been granted and you have attended your citizenship ceremony
Passport advise line:0300 222 0000
Always quote your application barcode and HO red number when calling them!

Good luck!
Non-EEA (McCarthy Transitional Arrangement case)
PR card rec/dated:28 April 17
British Citizen: Dec 17

MAS99
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by MAS99 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:35 pm

tdealing wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:04 pm
Arshsam wrote:
kirkerj wrote:
MAS99 wrote:

Dear XXX,

Kind regards
Hi kirkerj

Thanks
I have also emailed them on Monday and got my online status changed to decided on Friday. Now I'm just waiting for the letter.
Wow.. I should email them every hour then..

MAS99
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by MAS99 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:37 pm

Did anybody notice that the have removed the time stamp of last time it was updated.

It used to say that you application was last updated on xx.xx.xx

It doesn't say that anymore.... I don't know it is for me or for everyone

Dan1969
Newly Registered

Post by Dan1969 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:06 am

hi All,

I submitted my naturalization application in fab 2016, but i didn't receive the decision yet. I've called the home office so many time. However I've received the following same answer " your application under process. the caseworker will contact you if he/she need more information from you".

So, I'm wondering if there is any one suffered or suffering from the same problem. Please advise me?

If anyone received the decision after 6 months, could you mentioned how long it took please?

Also, I'm wondering if there is any option to know more about the status of the application as I didn't received any letter from the home office regarding the status of the application after 6 months as they mentioned in there acknowledgement letter.

Looking forward to hearing from you all.

kirkerj
New Zealand

Post by kirkerj » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:16 am

tdealing wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:04 pm
Arshsam wrote:
kirkerj wrote:
MAS99 wrote:

Dear XXX,

Kind regards
Hi kirkerj

Thanks
Oooh I hope that happens for me as well

kirkerj
New Zealand

Post by kirkerj » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:16 am

Dan1969 wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:06 am
hi All,

I submitted my naturalization application in fab 2016, but i didn't receive the decision yet. I've called the home office so many time. However I've received the following same answer " your application under process. the caseworker will contact you if he/she need more information from you".

So, I'm wondering if there is any one suffered or suffering from the same problem. Please advise me?

If anyone received the decision after 6 months, could you mentioned how long it took please?

Also, I'm wondering if there is any option to know more about the status of the application as I didn't received any letter from the home office regarding the status of the application after 6 months as they mentioned in there acknowledgement letter.

Looking forward to hearing from you all.
Call your local MP and get them involved. That might put some pressure on them

kirkerj
New Zealand

Post by kirkerj » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:54 am

This is more a question for the moderators but if anyone has any insight please let me know.

I did my NCS at Kensington & Chelsea as was more convenient than Wandsworth but Wandsworth is my local council.

Will they (or are they supposed to) send the ceremony letter to your local council or the one you did NCS at?

navinw

Post by navinw » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:03 am

kirkerj wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:54 am
This is more a question for the moderators but if anyone has any insight please let me know.

I did my NCS at Kensington & Chelsea as was more convenient than Wandsworth but Wandsworth is my local council.

Will they (or are they supposed to) send the ceremony letter to your local council or the one you did NCS at?
Your Local Council, irrespective of which ever council you submitted your application.
Many of my friends has submitted the application in different council but they received the ceremony invitation letter from Local council...

MAS99
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by MAS99 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:00 pm

Hi

Do I have to book the ceremony in local council ? I mean what if they have long dates , can I then go to any other council and book ceremony ?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:04 pm

MAS99 wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:00 pm
Hi

Do I have to book the ceremony in local council ? I mean what if they have long dates , can I then go to any other council and book ceremony ?

Thanks
Not so easy to change councils. Do it you have to notify HO and your council has to send your certificate back. Ho then yakes however lo g to send it to the new council. This process can take a few weeks
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MAS99
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by MAS99 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:04 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:04 pm
MAS99 wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:00 pm
Hi

Thanks
Not so easy to change councils. Do it you have to notify HO and your council has to send your certificate back. Ho then yakes however lo g to send it to the new council. This process can take a few weeks
Thanks

I saw your post re rejected applications where you provide a format on how to respond back.. Do you have any advice on how to chase your application? I applied in July and still waiting .. People who applied in Aug/Sep have got their results back