ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

trsiam88
United Kingdom

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by trsiam88 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:24 pm

bittu11 wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:09 pm
Hi guys
Just read lot of you have received email today but I haven't received any email today. Last mail was about 31 oct. Don't know what it means?? Just have to wait few more days.
Same here, I have not received any emails, called today and its the same status 'Awaiting decision', but I have received a case not straightforward email, although that was before the 31st Oct email!

Mehmoods87
Pakistan

Post by Mehmoods87 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:39 pm

kingsam1 wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:05 pm
hey guys i just got message on my mobile
the processed visa application for GWF-------- was received on 10/30/2017
i am waiting since jan 2017
what does that means should i go and collect my passport from islamabad

Hi Kingsam1

Yes go collect your passport... and good luck:)

Please keep us updated.

Also quick question: Did you receive a Hold email/or apply Priority??

I also applied on the 13th Jan 2017

raja824
Newly Registered

Post by raja824 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:44 pm

Spouse visa applied on 12 May 2017 Biometric was done on 19th of May same day documents were delivered in Shielfield, after one week i got confirmation email and then 31st OCT email last week friday i phoned them they told me still waiting for decision today i phoned again they told me it was decided on 27th of OCT now waiting for collection txt
Good Luck everyone

Patience19
Newly Registered
India

Post by Patience19 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:26 pm

Hello all,
i am new to the board. Have received the 31st October mail along with decision making center's response to the 31st October mail. In short the same automated mail, which most of you have received. I did not expect that so many cases would be done within a month. Fyi - Wife's Biometric was done on 06th june 2017 India/Kolkata. I have reached out to my local MP(have responded well) and the UK immigration minister (yet to receive response)

Don't think all of us sitting like this will solve our common problem. Our power lies in our collective voice. I would propose the follwoing:
Step 1)we have a show of hands in order to identify how many of us are waiting for ~6 month or more. Just type the next your number to the response text (starting from count of 2, me being 1). Happy to hear alternative ways of identifying our head count.

Step 2) We wait for at most 2 weeks for everyone to respond.

Step 3) If we have a healthy head count - we prepare for a public demonstration in front of the "immigration office"/Trafalgar Square; meet the immigration minister & submit memorandum- to be covered by the media.

Step 4) If above doesn't work - let us jointly file a public interest litigation in court.

Let us see the impact of 3) then go for 4) if necessary.

Please be ready to sacrifice some of your personal time if you want a resolution. I have been personally involved in similar movements earlier for other causes.

Also online campaign is really important specially Twitter & Facebook to increase awareness among public in general, about the plight of the concerned department. Unless we make people accountable for your their actions - we will continue to be at the mercy of patience. Remember justice delayed is justice denied.

Let us try to shape our destiny.

Good night - Patience19.

smarter1
United Kingdom

Post by smarter1 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:50 pm

Patience19 wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:26 pm

Step 3) If we have a healthy head count - we prepare for a public demonstration in front of the "immigration office"/Trafalgar Square; meet the immigration minister & submit memorandum- to be covered by the media.

Step 4) If above doesn't work - let us jointly file a public interest litigation in court.
My goodness! Demo won't work, nobody is going to change the way HO work. There are other, more efficient ways to put pressure on HO but for some reason 99% of people here prefer to complain...Public interest litigation...do you understand there is not cause of action for this?

Liloubash
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Liloubash » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:48 pm

TatianaT wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:19 pm
Liloubash wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:52 pm
ellie771 wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:18 am
Liloubash wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:47 pm

Thank you do much for your reply I really appreciate it. Yeah I feel so sad I waited for 6 months I travelled all the way to Rabat thinking I finally got my decision but what I got was nothing!! I don't know what does that mean!!!
hi liloubash, are you sure its been refused? I don't want to give you a false hope but I thought they were no longer putting visa vignettes on the non eu applicants passports! Someone with better knowledge might be able to confirm but until you know for sure don't despair, best of luck!
Hi Ellie771! Yes I got a refusal! I got the decision letter today I am so sad right now. Thank u for ur reply best of luck for u too!
Sorry to read this :( Did they send it by email? Or you got it in VAC? What the reason of refusal? I got decision made too but no decision email or letter yet. The passport is with me because I got it after hold email.
Hi Tatiana! When I went to the VAC they only gave me my passport and the decision letter came by email. the reason of refusal was missing documents when we are sure we have submitted everything needed. Please make sure u check ur emails. Also my passport was in there the whole time that's why when I got it without a visa I was sure that's a refusal but ur cas is different u are one of the people that got their passport after the hold now u got decision made u just need to be patient either u will get the refusal letter by email or the VAC/Ambassy will contact u to bring ur passport for ur visa which
I believe that's gonna be ur case I am praying for u will get... best of luck

Patience19
Newly Registered
India

Post by Patience19 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:33 pm

Hi Smarter1:
"no cause of action" - do not think that is accurate - otherwise PILs would have no reason to exist.

Some useful reference context: "Public interest litigation aims to bring cases when there is something wrong with a system that wrongs everybody involved. The idea behind public interest litigation is that it changes the law for every person involved, rather than just the few that have the money and resources to litigate."

I know above may leave parties trying to draw conclusions in parts but a good starting point to think about it. There are funding challenges to filing PILs in the UK hence the head count is very important.

Happy to hear alternative options to draw attention of the authorities in a peaceful manner, please feel free to suggest.

I hear people suffering here and individuals reaching out to respective MPs, may be time to think bigger i.e. what about reaching out COLLECTIVELY to the "immigration minister"?

Good night - Patience19

press1977
Sri Lanka

Post by press1977 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:45 pm

Does anyone here in Sri Lanka received decision from HO yesterday? I'm waiting since June and I didn't receive any email from HO. Today is last day of October and new month also beginning. Still waiting for decision from HO. Hopefully we all get visa soon. Hope for the best.

ak80
Sri Lanka

Post by ak80 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:20 am

press1977 wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:45 pm
Does anyone here in Sri Lanka received decision from HO yesterday? I'm waiting since June and I didn't receive any email from HO. Today is last day of October and new month also beginning. Still waiting for decision from HO. Hopefully we all get visa soon. Hope for the best.
No dr. Got this stupid email yesterday like everyone. So much frustrating.

Waiting since January 2017

Rekha2513
Newly Registered
India

Post by Rekha2513 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:39 am

I Applied standard application from ahmedabad gujarat india waiting since January 2017...also got yesterday's mail... anybody got decision…

Anihun09
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Anihun09 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:25 am

Hey Yes! I applied for Priority Settlement Spouse Visa.. Recently

Applied from : Virginia, U.S.A
Priority : Yes
Biometrics given date : Oct 10th 2017
Documents mailed to UK : Oct 11th 2017
Documents received by Sheffield on : Oct 13th 2017

First call enquiry : Oct 30th 2017 : He said " Waiting for Decision"
The representative said it could take up to 2 months for me to hear something. If i get lucky, I can hear even sooner.

I am not sure, if its the last stage or which stage it is. Our wedding anniversary is on Dec 28th 2018 and It will be our first Christmas together this year,. I am Oh Sooo Nervous!!

abubakrkhan
Newly Registered

Post by abubakrkhan » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:46 am

On 25th September, i received the infamous 31st October email.

On 24th October, i received the following even though i made no inquiry,

"Thank you for your inquiry regarding your UK visa application.

Please accept our apologies for the delay in making a decision on your application. It is our busiest period and unfortunately, it is taking us longer to process applications. Please be assured that we are continuing to work on the application and that a decision will be made as soon as possible.

We will contact you as soon as we have made a decision on your application."

People are receiving email in response to their 31st October email but i haven't received any. I don't know why.

i submitted my biometircs Pakistan, Lahore on 9th May. Standard application. NO on hold or not straightforward email ever.

pradis12
Mood:
Sri Lanka

Post by pradis12 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:07 am

press1977 wrote:
same here, i applied 20june 2017,, still waiting i miss my wife everyday, i don't know what happening now about my application.

pradis12
Mood:
Sri Lanka

Post by pradis12 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:19 am

Country applying from: SriLanka
Type of visa applied for: Settlement spouse Visa
Priority/Non-Priority : Non priority
Date application submitted: 07th June 2017 - Online
Date biometrics taken: 15th june 2017
Date documentation sent to Sheffield UKVI: 15th june 2017
Date documentation received by Sheffield UKVI: Not sure. No confirmation received by UKVI.
Documents returned: 29th August 2017.
Office Location processing Your Visa: Sheffield, UK

Projected timeline given: 12 weeks
Received not straightforward email: 4th sep 2017
Received october 31st mail: 25th sep
Received phone call from ho : 15th october

Decision made email: Waiting
Email from VFS stating visa has been processed: Waiting

Date your visa was received: Waiting
Processing time from Biometrics date: 145 Business Days

i don't no what happening there?? anyone knows plzz help me.. am really worried :cry:

press1977
Sri Lanka

Post by press1977 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:25 am

pradis12 wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:07 am
press1977 wrote:
same here, i applied 20june 2017,, still waiting i miss my wife everyday, i don't know what happening now about my application.
Hi
Yes me too in same situation missing my wife so much. I applied 28th June 2017. I never received any email from HO. Not even that not straightforward email or 31st October mail. I have completed more than 80 business days. Don't know how long we have to wait for decision. Have you checked your application status from HO by emailing or calling them? Hope we all get visa soon. Hope for the best.

ak80
Sri Lanka

Post by ak80 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:49 am

press1977 wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:25 am
pradis12 wrote:
press1977 wrote:

Hi
Yes me too in same situation missing my wife so much. I applied 28th June 2017. I never received any email from HO. Not even that not straightforward email or 31st October mail. I have completed more than 80 business days. Don't know how long we have to wait for decision. Have you checked your application status from HO by emailing or calling them? Hope we all get visa soon. Hope for the best.
I'm in the same boat. Applied in January 2017
The still processing their EU countries applications I guess.
😭

movilla
Newly Registered

Post by movilla » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:30 am

Hi,

My US-based wife is currently on business day 65 for a non-priority Spouse visa application. When I made the application all I could find was non-priority, however in various places I see reference to a priority spouse visa. Does that really exist? The Visa4UK website mentioned nothing of priority applications and the VFS website explained that all I could do was non-priority for settlements, and all I could purchase for the UPS registered delivery cover.

M.

smarter1
United Kingdom

Post by smarter1 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:38 am

movilla wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:30 am
Does that really exist?
It looks like priority service is not available for settlement visas in USA (unless you are applying for EEA Family visa) - http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/usa/user_pay ... sa-service

movilla
Newly Registered

Post by movilla » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:07 am

@smarter1. The 'another forum' has a big discussion thread on priority application. That's what was confusing me. But I'm 99.99% sure it can't be used for settlement.

I guess I'm just getting fidgety and anxious for my wife and her application. I thought she would have been in the UK by now.
Last edited by CR001 on Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Kindly refrain from stating other forum names

M2sam
United Kingdom

Post by M2sam » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:12 am

Weired people who got 31 oct email got an email yesterday and some didn't, maybe they put each one in a different pile and prioritizing on the ones who didn't get the email.
As for me I did get that stupid email yesterday, and it only looks like it is going to take a longer time. Will go to MPs office tommorow and shoot an email off too them, can't take this antagonizing wait any much longer, going over 7 months know, what did we do to deserve this?

pradis12
Mood:
Sri Lanka

Post by pradis12 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:01 am

Hi

yeah, my wife was called them but they said that wait until we update, this is only we got,,very frustrated..
have you checked about your application status ??

pradis12
Mood:
Sri Lanka

Post by pradis12 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:03 am

ak80 wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:49 am
press1977 wrote:
pradis12 wrote:
press1977 wrote:

Hi
😭
i think your right,, did u got any call or mail something??

press1977
Sri Lanka

Post by press1977 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:44 am

pradis12 wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:03 am
ak80 wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:49 am
press1977 wrote:
pradis12 wrote:

Hi
😭
i think your right,, did u got any call or mail something??
Hi
No I didn't receive any email or call from HO. Not even that 31st October mail or not a straightforward email. I really don't know how long we have to wait. Hopefully we all get visa soon. Hope for the best. Have you contacted HO by email or call?

eternale
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by eternale » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:12 pm

I was waiting since may 8th from Turkey without priority. I never received any information or smt till 31st of october email that almost all of us received. i never believed they will keep their word tbh.
And this morning i have received this email

UK Visas & Immigration has now assessed your UK visa application and made a decision. Your documents and

the decision will be sent back to either the UK Visa Application Centre where you applied, where we will

contact you by email over the next few days to collect them, or if you are using the courier return service, will

be sent directly back to the address you provided.

Please note that TLScontact does not know the outcome of the assessment and has played no role in the

decision-making process.

Kind regards,

TLScontact
UK VIsas & Immigration

ive called my lawyer and he said i will get my passport either tomorrow or the next day. So excited to see the result strongly hoping visa granted. will write updates again.

ak80
Sri Lanka

Post by ak80 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:29 pm

Hey guys
I just got this reply for a enquiry made mid October

"Thank you for your enquiry and please accept our apologies for the delay in making a decision.
The application is in the final processing stages and a decision will be made soon."

What does this mean?