ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Zambrano Derivate Residence Card of FLR FP

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Britcitmum
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Zambrano Derivate Residence Card of FLR FP

Post by Britcitmum » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:23 pm

Hi guys, I am looking for advice based on experience.

I am an overstayer for 12.5 years and single mum to a British Citizen (four month old baby) Child.
I have an outstanding application (made in June 2017) for FLR FP - Parent of British Child 10 Year Route.
I was living on my savings prior to my application and have now run out of money and facing homelessness and destitution. I approached my local No Recourse Children's Services and was advised to withdraw my current application and apply for a Derivative Residence Card as Primary Carer of a British Child which will give me a right to work while my application is outstanding. Because I currently have a job offer subject to confirmation of my right to work.

I'd like to know:
Is it advisable to withdraw my FLR FP application and apply for Derivative Residence Card as advised?
Given my case, what are the chances of a successful FLR FP versus a successful Derivative Residence Card application?
Will I be issued a CoA giving me a right to work whilst my Derivative Residence Card application is ongoing? I've heard that they are routinely not issuing Zambrano Carers a CoA that allows them to work

Ideally, I need advise from people who have applied for either FLR FP or Zambrano Derivative Residence Card.

Thanks for your help xx

New on forum
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: Zambrano Derivate Residence Card of FLR FP

Post by New on forum » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:04 pm

Britcitmum wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:23 pm

I am an overstayer for 12.5 years and single mum to a British Citizen (four month old baby) Child.
I have an outstanding application (made in June 2017) for FLR FP - Parent of British Child 10 Year Route.
I was living on my savings prior to my application and have now run out of money and facing homelessness and destitution. I approached my local No Recourse Children's Services and was advised to withdraw my current application and apply for a Derivative Residence Card as Primary Carer of a British Child which will give me a right to work while my application is outstanding. Because I currently have a job offer subject to confirmation of my right to work.

I'd like to know:
Is it advisable to withdraw my FLR FP application and apply for Derivative Residence Card as advised?
Given my case, what are the chances of a successful FLR FP versus a successful Derivative Residence Card application?
Will I be issued a CoA giving me a right to work whilst my Derivative Residence Card application is ongoing? I've heard that they are routinely not issuing Zambrano Carers a CoA that allows them to work

Ideally, I need advise from people who have applied for either FLR FP or Zambrano Derivative Residence Card.

Thanks for your help xx
From what I understand you can apply zombrano without withdrawing your flr fp.
I would request croo1 or cases to please correct me if I am wrong.
Zombrano has no route to settlement.also There is bit of uncertainty about what will happen after brexit.
If I was you I would ask children services to support you financially while your issue is resolved also at the same time request home office to grant with resource to public funds and get letters for suppor from children's services.

Britcitmum
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Britcitmum » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:01 pm

New on forum wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:04 pm
Britcitmum wrote:

I'd like to know:

Thanks for your help xx
From what I understand you can apply zombrano without withdrawing your flr fp.
I would request croo1 or cases to please correct me if I am wrong.
Zombrano has no route to settlement.also There is bit of uncertainty about what will happen after brexit.
If I was you I would ask children services to support you financially while your issue is resolved also at the same time request home office to grant with resource to public funds and get letters for suppor from children's services.
That's great, if I don't have to withdraw my existing FLR FP application...Let's see what site moderators say. I'll also ring their helpline on Monday to confirm. The problem with Children's Services support is that it is likely to be inadequate, in that they'll want to move me to a room in a shared house going by what I've been told. I doubt they'll be able to pay for my two bedroom apartment :-(. Thanks for responding x

Britcitmum
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Britcitmum » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:13 pm

Britcitmum wrote:

I'd like to know:

Thanks for your help xx
Pleased to say that I applied for a Derivative Residence Card and my CoA with right to work was issued last Tuesday. Glory be to God.

My FLR FP application is still ongoing but I hope to hear good news soon by God's grace.

Valryan
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by Valryan » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:05 am

Britcitmum wrote:

I'd like to know:

Thanks for your help xx
Hello, I'm in a similar situation and coming across this gave me hope. I'm an overstayer too by 10years and have 1 month old baby. I don't have any funds for the flr/fp application but looking to make the zambrano application.

Please help me with what I need to provide for this application.

Thank you , God bless.

Wise
BANNED
Germany

Post by Wise » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:47 pm

I honestly not trying to scare you both as to regarding your application. Recently, the home office has been asking some mother of a British citizen born to provide the DNA of the two parents in involved and if you can't the applicant might get stuck on this. Everyone should be prepared!

Personally, I haven't experience a situation of making two applications at the same without withdrawing one. But again, in the end you have to decide which one you're sticking with.

Good luck.
It is really good to help and everyone deserve to be respected in life. Good luck.

Wise
BANNED
Germany

Post by Wise » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:54 pm

Valryan.

Just download the form from EU application section (derivative right application) and study the guideline, fill the form and send it with the documentation relating to the British baby including his/her passport and yours.

Be aware of my comments above to the owner of the thread.

Good luck.
It is really good to help and everyone deserve to be respected in life. Good luck.

Valryan
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by Valryan » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:14 pm

Wise wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:54 pm
Valryan.

Just download the form from EU application section (derivative right application) and study the guideline, fill the form and send it with the documentation relating to the British baby including his/her passport and yours.

Be aware of my comments above to the owner of the thread.

Good luck.
Wise,

Thanks for the heads up, regarding what I should submit as evidence for myself, I lost my passport and am a failed asylum seeker who's still got my ARC card issued when you first seek asylum. I don't have any other ID. Would this be a problem or what else can I use to prove that I'm mother of my son.

Thanks

Wise
BANNED
Germany

Post by Wise » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:50 pm

If your asylum claim does not relate to issue of stateless (no nationality ). Then contact your embassy to obtain a passport.

Try to apply through charity like immigration aid and pay just £65 application fee as you said you have no money to pay for the lawyer and also as an asylum seeker that should not be problem. Ask any social worker or local council to help you locate one in your area. Where do you stay?

As per the application. If the father of the child is settle or an EU citizen present in the UK and also contributing to the up bringing of that child within the last 12 month, then you have to pray for good HO discretion on your application but it is better if he doesn't and you're the sole carer of that child.

Documents wise.
1.Child birth cert showing your name as a mother
2.Letter from GP
3.Letter from school
4.Letter from any family/friends who knows you with the child.
5.Child British passport and yours
6.Pictures with you and child.
7.Father can as well gives you a letter to state your sole responsibility over the child.

Just try to think of what can make your application carry high merit and God will perfect the rest.

Good luck.

Valryan
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by Valryan » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:03 pm

Wise wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:50 pm
If your asylum claim does not relate to issue of stateless (no nationality ). Then contact your embassy to obtain a passport.

Try to apply through charity like immigration aid and pay just £65 application fee as you said you have no money to pay for the lawyer and also as an asylum seeker that should not be problem. Ask any social worker or local council to help you locate one in your area. Where do you stay?

As per the application. If the father of the child is settle or an EU citizen present in the UK and also contributing to the up bringing of that child within the last 12 month, then you have to pray for good HO discretion on your application but it is better if he doesn't and you're the sole carer of that child.

Documents wise.
1.Child birth cert showing your name as a mother
2.Letter from GP
3.Letter from school
4.Letter from any family/friends who knows you with the child.
5.Child British passport and yours
6.Pictures with you and child.
7.Father can as well gives you a letter to state your sole responsibility over the child.

Just try to think of what can make your application carry high merit and God will perfect the rest.

Good luck.
Thank you very much wise,

I'm living with my brother in Leicester at the moment and I've been through children's services, health visitors that said they can confirm that I'm the carer of my son. I've just realised that the father has ILR, so to get my son a passport or to naturalise it will still cost about £993 ( it doesn't only rain but surely pours! ) not sure how else I can prove that my son is British without having to pay so much.

Surely God will take care of the rest, I appreciate the help.

Richard W
- thin ice -
England

Post by Richard W » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:58 pm

Valryan wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:03 pm
I've just realised that the father has ILR, so to get my son a passport or to naturalise it will still cost about £993 ( it doesn't only rain but surely pours! ) not sure how else I can prove that my son is British without having to pay so much.
If your son was born in the UK and his father had ILR when he was born, your son is already British and you do not have to pay c. £993 to register him as British. You may have problems if the father will not help you prove that he, the father, had ILR at the time of birth.

Valryan
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by Valryan » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:52 pm

Richard W wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:58 pm
Valryan wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:03 pm
I've just realised that the father has ILR, so to get my son a passport or to naturalise it will still cost about £993 ( it doesn't only rain but surely pours! ) not sure how else I can prove that my son is British without having to pay so much.
If your son was born in the UK and his father had ILR when he was born, your son is already British and you do not have to pay c. £993 to register him as British. You may have problems if the father will not help you prove that he, the father, had ILR at the time of birth.
Thank you For your response Richard. Does that mean I need to just use the fathers documents to prove this?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:01 am

People who do not have funds for FLR(FP)are able to apply for Fee remission if they simply cannot afford it or could not do so in the next 12 months.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Valryan
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by Valryan » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:49 am

Obie wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:01 am
People who do not have funds for FLR(FP)are able to apply for Fee remission if they simply cannot afford it or could not do so in the next 12 months.

Thank you Obie, I actually thought the flr/go was a better application for me but was reluctant because of funds but I will also look into that.

Richard W
- thin ice -
England

Post by Richard W » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:12 pm

Valryan wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:52 pm
Richard W wrote:
Thank you For your response Richard. Does that mean I need to just use the fathers documents to prove this?
Plus evidence of your son's place of birth and paternity. You will be told if the birth certificate is not considered evidence enough.

Valryan
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by Valryan » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:10 pm

Richard W wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:12 pm
Valryan wrote:
Richard W wrote:
Plus evidence of your son's place of birth and paternity. You will be told if the birth certificate is not considered evidence enough.
Thank you very much for your help.

Valryan
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by Valryan » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:51 pm

Valryan wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:10 pm
Richard W wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:12 pm
Valryan wrote:
Richard W wrote:
Thanks Richard, I'm just putting everything together now, father has agreed to help by providing his documents, I have baby's birth certificate, I'm not sure what else I can provide

Thank you very much for your help.

Valryan
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by Valryan » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:27 pm

Obie wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:01 am
Thanks once again for this information. May I kindly ask for help regarding documentation that will accompany my Flr/fp parent of a British child 10yr route. I will also be applying for a fee waiver since I cannot afford the home office fees. I was getting assistance from children's services and sure start centre and have both agreed to write supporting letters as to what they've been helping with so far.
These are the documents I have so far, please help me by adding or removing anything.

For fee waiver :
-my bank statements
-letters from children's services & sure start
-letter from my brother saying he's been staying with me and my son(what else can be added in this letter?)

For Flr/fp parent route:
-child's British passport
-child's birth certificate
-I don't have a passport just an arc card and birth certificate
-father of child has agreed to write a letter saying he's been helping look after child & that he wants to be part of his sons upbringing
-father's ILR documents
-father's travel document (ID)
-photos of father & son

What else do I need to provide, please help.

Thank you
Val