ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER 2 (GENERAL) EXT APPROVED -- BRP NOT YET RECEIVED

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

JessicaAnne
Newly Registered
Philippines

TIER 2 (GENERAL) EXT APPROVED -- BRP NOT YET RECEIVED

Post by JessicaAnne » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:40 pm

I received my decision letter dated 27th September 2017 saying my application to extend my Tier 2 Visa has been approved and I should receive my BRP in 10 days time. It's already been a month and I still haven't received it.

I've submitted a form in their website (www.gov.uk/brp) to report it. In fact I've done this three times already and all I've received was an email saying:

"Good Afternoon

Thank you for your enquiry (Email received 31st October 2017) regarding the delivery of the Biometric Residence Permit (BRP). This has been passed to the caseworker who should contact you directly.

We advise travel arrangements should not be made until after the BRP has been received.

For further information regarding this query you should contact the caseworker directly, caseworker’s details can be found on the decision letter. If a Premium Service Centre (PSC) was attended to receive the outcome of this application, you should contact the PSC attended.

Please note we are unable to provide you with any further details of the caseworker.

Please do not reply to this email as it is not a delivery issue

Thank you

Steve

BRP Delivery Team
(D05)"

I've been through my decision letter countless of times and it doesn't mention anything about a caseworker at all. I have also sent a letter to the address in Bristol BS20 1AB, which was the other way to report a BRP not received as stated in the decision letter and I haven't heard from them as well. Lastly, yesterday I called a number I found in one of the forums 0300 123 2241 hoping to speak to someone who can shed some light on the status of my BRP. He was not helpful at all. All he told me was to follow the instructions in the letter (which I have already), and to just wait.

I called the DX Courier, just in case I might have missed them and to ask if there's anything for me from the Home Office and was told that no, they don't.

Has anyone encountered a similar situation as mine? My employers assured me not to worry about my job as my decision is sufficient for now. However, I need to leave the country to deal with a family emergency in a few weeks. I just want to find out what is going on with my BRP. Is it still being processed, being printed, is it en route, are there technical issues in their end? I want to speak to someone who can assure me that I am definitely getting it soon.

What else can I do now?

Any advice will be highly appreciated.

HBBB
Iran

Re: TIER 2 (GENERAL) EXT APPROVED -- BRP NOT YET RECEIVED

Post by HBBB » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:15 pm

Hi,

Sorry for nor knowing any helpful answer. I'm in the extension process as well but I haven't post my documents yet. Would you let me know if you post anything more that documents listed in check list?

also, if you posted a prepaid special delivery bag with your documents?

My Biometrics enrollment letter generated straight away after doing the form online. According to my employer this new normal method after 20 Sep. But I just wondering if I want to show that I have applied for extension, which document I can use? is there any letter you received that says your application is under process before you receive the decision?