ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA residence card -visitor visa-

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

joe901
Newly Registered
France

EEA residence card -visitor visa-

Post by joe901 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:55 pm

Hello,

I am a non EU citizen and I am married with EU citizen, I am currently in the UK with visitor visa (6 month)
My wife started working about 3 weeks ago and I would like to submit for an EEA residence card.

My question is:

1- Can I work with my tourist visa ?
2- Can I open a bank account and apply for NIN?

Thank you in advance.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: EEA residence card -visitor visa-

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:00 pm

joe901 wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:55 pm
Hello,

I am a non EU citizen and I am married with EU citizen, I am currently in the UK with visitor visa (6 month)
My wife started working about 3 weeks ago and I would like to submit for an EEA residence card.

My question is:

1- Can I work with my tourist visa ? NO
2- Can I open a bank account and apply for NIN? Not until you have submitted your application for an EEA residence card and received a COA confirming your right to work while your application is being assessed. Not all COAs are issued with the right to work, if for example the Case Worker believes you have submitted inadequate information.

Thank you in advance.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

joe901
Newly Registered
France

Post by joe901 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:10 pm

Hi Casa,

Thank you for your answer,

what is their reference to send COA with work permission or without ?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:25 pm

joe901 wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:10 pm
Hi Casa,

what is their reference to send COA with work permission or without ?
Your question isn't clear. What do you mean by 'their reference' :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

joe901
Newly Registered
France

Post by joe901 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:39 pm

I was reading that they give COA with right to work for married couples, but you said that not always they give COA with right of work :o (I am getting confused)
I want to know what is the reason that they can give COA without right of work?

joe901
Newly Registered
France

Post by joe901 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:05 pm

Can anyone advice please ?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:22 pm

Casa wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:00 pm
joe901 wrote:
Hello,

My question is:

1- Can I work with my tourist visa ? NO
2- Can I open a bank account and apply for NIN? Not until you have submitted your application for an EEA residence card and received a COA confirming your right to work while your application is being assessed. Not all COAs are issued with the right to work, if for example the Case Worker believes you have submitted inadequate information.

Thank you in advance.
(Casa, not CR001)

joe901
Newly Registered
France

Post by joe901 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:59 pm

If I will submit the documents below you think i will be enough? :

1- My , and my wife passport
2- (2)Payslips for 2 weeks
3-A letter from the work agency (my wife is working thru work angency)
4-Proof that we where living togather befor in EU contry
5-Our marriage certificat
6-proof of address for me I have internet broadband, and for my wife bank statement

Do I need any other document ?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:18 pm

Evidence of living together with your sponsor
If you and your sponsor are living together, or have previously lived together, please provide
evidence of this. We recommend that you send at least 6 items, from 3 different sources. These
can be addressed to you jointly or individually, provided they clearly show that you live, or have
lived, at the same address.
If you and your sponsor are, or have been, living with relatives or friends, and you do not have any
bills or other documents addressed to you, please provide a letter from the relative(s) and/or
friend(s) confirming you are/have been living with them.
If you have not been living together (but you’re still married or in a civil partnership), tell us the
reasons for this and whether you stayed in contact with each other during this time (see questions
5.9 to 5.10 of the application form), and provide any relevant supporting evidence.
Suitable evidence includes (but is not limited to):
 Letters or other documents from government departments or agencies, for example HM
Revenue and Customs, Department for Work and Pensions, DVLA, TV Licensing
 Letters or other documents from your GP, a hospital or other local health service about medical
treatments, appointments, home visits or other medical matters
 Bank statements/letters
 Building society savings books/letters
 Council tax bills or statements
 Electricity and/or gas bills or statements
 Water rates bills or statements
 Mortgage statements/agreement
 Tenancy agreement(s)
 Telephone bills or statements
 Photographs of you and your sponsor together – for example, on holiday or at a family
celebration
 Evidence of how you have kept in contact with each other during periods in which you have not
lived together – for example, letters, printouts of emails or contact via social media, mobile
phone bills showing you have contacted each other, printouts of Skype (or similar) logs, etc
 Any other relevant evidence.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... -04_KP.pdf
(Casa, not CR001)

observer_haters
Poland

Post by observer_haters » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:05 pm

joe901 wrote:

A valid visa allows you to open the bank account and apply for NINo as well, which give you more evidence to your application for RC.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:35 pm

observer_haters wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:05 pm
joe901 wrote:

A valid visa allows you to open the bank account and apply for NINo as well, which give you more evidence to your application for RC.
Not likely for either when the OP is here on a visitor visa. :idea:

Quote: You must have the right to work or study in the UK to get a National Insurance number. The OP has neither the right to work or study at present as a visitor.

https://www.gov.uk/apply-national-insurance-number
(Casa, not CR001)

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:03 pm

Regarding opening a bank account while on a visitor visa, the bank is unlikely to accept an internet account statement as the only proof of address and most now carry out credit checks and ask for evidence of employment or source of income in the UK.

The only option may be if your bank in your home country has a connection with the UK bank, but these generally require substantial deposits and have higher charges.
(Casa, not CR001)

observer_haters
Poland

Post by observer_haters » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:35 pm

As EEA Family Member he can open a current or joint account with valid visa no matter which one.
My non-EU wife received NIN showing our marriage certificate and Dependent stamp ink only. (issued after appeal), In our case bank not recognised Dependant Ink Stamp as valid visa unfortunately.

joe901
Newly Registered
France

Post by joe901 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:15 pm

Hi Guys,

I was calling job center when I arrived in the UK (My wife was looking for work at this time), and I asked if I can apply for NIN, the lady who answered the call said that I cannot apply because I have a visitor visa, you think that I have to go directly to the nearest job center and explain my case? (show marriage certificate, and my wife payslip),

what you suggest observer_haters in the case ?

observer_haters
Poland

Post by observer_haters » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:47 pm

I'm sorry, but I cannot suggest to you anything because I'm not an expert on this matter. Nin for my wife
has been granted in 48h after my appeal. As I wrote early, we had only Mariage Certificate and Dependant Ink Stamp which is more complicated as the visa...

Decision received 18th

Decision received 20th

joe901
Newly Registered
France

Post by joe901 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:58 pm

Thank you so much observer_haters for your answer,
I will call them as soon as possible to take an appointement for NIN
I have anther quetion please
- Do you have any idea if I can legaly work ? since my wife is working now ?

joe901
Newly Registered
France

Post by joe901 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:07 pm

Did your wife appyed for NIN befor submit the application for EEA FP residence card or after ?

observer_haters
Poland

Post by observer_haters » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:19 pm

@Casa explain you clear, You cannot work unfortunately on Tourist Visa......
Yes, before applying for RC
Timeline
Application posted on 05/10/2017
Received by UKVI/HO on 06/10/2017
Payment taken: 06/10/2017
Home Office Email: 13/10/2017
Biometrics letter received: 20/10/2017 (dated 12/10/2017)
COA With Work: 31/10/2017 (dated 26/10/2017)
Documents Returned on:
Resident Card Received on :

joe901
Newly Registered
France

Post by joe901 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:23 pm

Thank you very much for all this information
I wish good luck for your application :)

joe901
Newly Registered
France

Post by joe901 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:25 pm

Hello observer_haters,

I hop you are fine,

I have called the job center and they have sent me the form by post (I have received it yesterday). it's the same situation with you or they invited you for an interview in the job center?

If it was the same situation, could you please tell me how you satisfied them to give you NINO ?

Thank you in advanced

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:43 pm

observer_haters wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:47 pm
I'm sorry, but I cannot suggest to you anything because I'm not an expert on this matter. Nin for my wife
has been granted in 48h after my appeal. As I wrote early, we had only Mariage Certificate and Dependant Ink Stamp which is more complicated as the visa...

Decision received 18th

Decision received 20th
(Casa, not CR001)

joe901
Newly Registered
France

Post by joe901 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:51 pm

Hi Casa, I have seen this infomation but maybe i didnt anderstund well.

I have called the job center to apply for NINO ;0345 600 0643 (generally i heared that they book an appointment in the nearest job center to your address ), but the lady who answered the call she said that she will send me a form by post (I have received it yesterday) and she asked to fill in the form and send it back.

To avoide the refusal I would like to have more information

- if its was the same situation for observer_haters (He received NINO form by post or they booked for him an appointment on the phone in job center)

-In the document you uploaded in the 2nd part there is information that I need to apply for home office for a work visa, and once I receive the information from home office I can apply for NINO this means that I SHOULD APPLY FOR OTHER TYPE OF VISA ??

Thank you in advance