ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration Health Charge for Tier 2 General

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Chirag85

Immigration Health Charge for Tier 2 General

Post by Chirag85 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:48 pm

Hi All,

I paid health surcharge for 3 years last year December when i got my tier 2 visa extended. Few months ago i decided to change my job and made new application which got approved. I paid health charge again with new application. However I was informed by case worker that because i have paid twice i should get refund if there is an overlap. Till date i haven't received refund therefore i rang home office to ask about it. However i was surprised to know that because i decided to make new application to change employer and it was successful i will not get any refund.
This is correct?
With every new application we have to pay health surcharge again n again?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Immigration Health Charge for Tier 2 General

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:52 pm

You dont get a refund. You were granted a visa which you paid IHS for and you decided to change sponsors and apply again for another visa.

IHS has to be paid for each application you make.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Akorotaeva

Post by Akorotaeva » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:20 pm

I received a refund for the overlap a couple of days after my appointment so I guess it does happen!

Chirag85

Post by Chirag85 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:51 pm

For me the overlap is for 2.5 yrs, its been months already after my application and i haven't had a refund so i guess i am not going to get one.