ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Discriminatory: COA with work

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

punty
Newly Registered

Discriminatory: COA with work

Post by punty » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:44 am

Hi,
I am Chinese citizen married with Italian citizen (QP). We submitted few months ago all the paperwork for the residency card.
I already received a COA with right to work.
I am currently working, with a temporary job until December. The company HR told me that they want to keep me but that they won't be able to offer me permanent job position because I don't have the residency card yet.
As you know they timeline to get a card is about 6 months, and I am still waiting for a decision.
I feel discriminated that I can't get a perm job because of a visa situation, and because the inefficiency of the HO.
What do you suggest me to do?

Thanks

tmonaghan
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Discriminatory: COA with work

Post by tmonaghan » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:00 pm

punty wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:44 am
Hi,
I am Chinese citizen married with Italian citizen (QP). We submitted few months ago all the paperwork for the residency card.
I already received a COA with right to work.
I am currently working, with a temporary job until December. The company HR told me that they want to keep me but that they won't be able to offer me permanent job position because I don't have the residency card yet.
As you know they timeline to get a card is about 6 months, and I am still waiting for a decision.
I feel discriminated that I can't get a perm job because of a visa situation, and because the inefficiency of the HO.
What do you suggest me to do?

Thanks
I think that the Company HR is not being unreasonable given the fact that you are not an EU Citizen. Businesses have to make sure that their employees have got the right documentation to prove that they have the right to live and work in the UK. As soon as you have sorted your status in the UK; I am sure that the position of HR will change.

Dan0301
India

Post by Dan0301 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:05 pm

Hi Punty,
What’s your timeline please ?

punty
Newly Registered

Post by punty » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:10 pm

Submitted: 16/08
Biometric enrolled: 16/09
COA with work: 20/09
Now waiting...

thsths
United Kingdom

Post by thsths » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:02 am

punty wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:44 am
The company HR told me that they want to keep me but that they won't be able to offer me permanent job position because I don't have the residency card yet.
Sounds like BS to me. There are two scenarios from their perspective: either you will get the residence card, in which case the permanent position is fine. Or you lose your right to work, and you get dismissed. (I am not saying that is likely, but they may not be in a position to judge that.)

That does not mean it is discrimination, and even if it is, it would be hard to prove. But it does mean that they are not being honest. Best of luck in the negotiations.