ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Being asked for proof of right to remin as an EU spouse...help!

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MKarabucak
Newly Registered
Ireland

Being asked for proof of right to remin as an EU spouse...help!

Post by MKarabucak » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:43 pm

Hi everyone,

Hoping someone can help me with this as trying to get through to the immigration centre with any questions is a nightmare!

I am an Irish citizen living in Belfast with my Turkish husband. He has been here since 2012 on an EEA Family permit, and an EEA residency card. We applied for his Irish citizenship in Feburary of this year and had seen on the INIS website that it was around a 6 month wait for the citizenship application process which was great as he had around 7/8 months left on his residency card. We then found out in August that there was a back log and it could now take up to a year. We started to panic at this point as his current visa waa due to finish so we applied for another EEA residency card. This process can take up to 6 months and in the mean time we have received his certificate of application stating he still has the right to live and work here while it is in process. On monday of this week we received a letter from the immigration center asking for proof of his right to remain here as the spouse of an EU citizen, obviously we dont have that yet as it can take up to 6 months, can the certificatw if application be used for this?

Sorry for the big story but just wanted to make sure I had included all relevant information incase anyone is able to help.

Also 1 last thing!! We were asked for a PSNI report which we have now sent away for, they have asked for it to be back in 28 days but the PSNI have told me it can take up 49 days for them to process i have emailed and asked for an extension to cover this...is an email ok to send or does it need to be in letter form?

Thanks in advance for any help...Im just panicking and being 6 months pregnant and hormonal doesn't help lol :lol:

Obie
Ireland

Re: Being asked for proof of right to remin as an EU spouse...help!

Post by Obie » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:48 pm

Well, write to the department of justice, and explain to them the circumstance, and invite them to contact the Home Office for verification if they need to.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

MKarabucak
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by MKarabucak » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:38 pm

Thanks Obie, though I am hoping that maybe someone else has had a similiar type of experience, as I don't want to do anything that may jepordise his citizenship in anyway especially with a baby on thw way and I am panicking that if I write to them and tell them our situation they may reject his application. I'm just completely stressing over it and over analyzing everything atm :cry:

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:59 pm

My civil partner (Chinese, living with me (Irish only) in Belfast) got his PSNI report within 3 weeks so don't worry about that timescale. It might be quicker.

I would email INIS (citizenshipinfo@justice.ie) and explain everything. You can send them a copy of the certificate of application as it clearly states that your husband is legally in the UK. I don't think there should be any issue as long as they know that things are in progress.

My civil partner applied for Irish citizenship on 8th August (received by INIS on 12th August) & we got his passport back on around the 19th August. No news since them though!

Don't worry. It seems like you have everything in order.

mgb

Post by mgb » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:16 am

MKarabucak wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:43 pm
This process can take up to 6 months and in the mean time we have received his certificate of application stating he still has the right to live and work here while it is in process. On monday of this week we received a letter from the immigration center asking for proof of his right to remain here as the spouse of an EU citizen, obviously we dont have that yet as it can take up to 6 months, can the certificatw if application be used for this?
What do you think the COA is good for? Send them a copy.