ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Working rights of an employee

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Globe Trotter
Member of Standing

Working rights of an employee

Post by Globe Trotter » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:08 am

Hi,
Greetings of the day.

I have an employee who is in the last month of her delivery date.

She works for two companies, company-A and also for my company-B.

From her first company A, she has taken paid maternity leave but she still continues to work for my company B.

Will UKVI create an issue for me as I am making an employee work that has taken ‘Paid Maternity Leave’ from her first company and is also in her last month of pregnancy?

Many thanks,
Globe Trotter

marcnath
United Kingdom

Re: Working rights of an employee

Post by marcnath » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:26 am

Globe Trotter wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:08 am
Hi,
Greetings of the day.

From her first company A, she has taken paid maternity leave but she still continues to work for my company B.

Will UKVI create an issue for me as I am making an employee work that has taken ‘Paid Maternity Leave’ from her first company and is also in her last month of pregnancy?

Many thanks,
Globe Trotter
Immigration rules only require that you comply with the UK employment rules and regulations. Talk to a lawyer or other HR expert to see if this scenario violates any UK employment rules.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Globe Trotter
Member of Standing

Post by Globe Trotter » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:48 pm

Many thanks Marcnath. It makes sense to comply with the UK employment rules and regulations.

manu2017
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by manu2017 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:34 pm

Globe Trotter wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:08 am
Hi,
Greetings of the day.

Many thanks,
Globe Trotter
Hi Globe Trotter, If your employee is taking paid maternity leave means she will be paid from the gov payment scheme approx £6k in 9 months and HMRC will be aware of it. My suggession is to put her on maternity leave in your company aswell or P45 for her until she is on Paid Maternity leave. May I know the scenario of your company and whether you already get the extension or have to apply for extension with her as an employee. Thanks