ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Right of Abode or British Passport or Indian Passport?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chiku1980

Re: British Passport or COE-ROA on Indian Passport?

Post by chiku1980 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:45 am

The application for the right of abode for my daughter has been successful.

Related to the above - we stated the nationality as Indian in the application and No for any other nationalities. We had no issues with that in getting the ROA approved.

Just a note for anyone else who is in the process or would be applying in the future -
The british high commission asked us to prove my wifes pregnancy with our daugther.For this they asked for pre pregnancy/post pregnancy photos or medical records etc.

2 weeks after the submission of the application we were asked to mail or fax these. After we did this we got the approval in a couple of days.

Anyone applying fresh can bear this in mind, take appropriate pre pregnancy and post pregnancy photos and include them with the application.

arty8in
Newly Registered

Re: Right of Abode or British Passport or Indian Passport?

Post by arty8in » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:12 am

Hello.

This is Sandhya here and my baby is due in next few days in India. I have Indian Passport with ILR and husband has British Passport and in London.

I wanted to know would I be eligible to apply for ROA-COE without my husband being physically present as he will only be able to come to India during delivery for a week or so. So with his attested passport copies and original Naturalisation certificate and with his cover letter can I go to VFS without him being physically present ?

Looking forward.
Much Thanks
Sandhya

chiku1980

Post by chiku1980 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:43 pm

Hi Sandhya,
I don’t think physical presence of the father is needed as long as all the documentation is there.

The VFS guys wouldn’t care who is accompanying the child for the submission. If you fill in your name in the declaration on the form it should be enough.

However a note to highlight is that you will first need to apply for the babies Indian passport and that is where the fathers physical presence might help since that will eliminate the need for any affidavits or form g or whatever declaration is needed in case only one parent is present. I would suggest to check those rules for Indian passport- for coe application you should be ok alone

arty8in
Newly Registered

Post by arty8in » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:32 pm

Hello Chiku,

Thanks a ton for your reply !!!

Yes I have inquired with the Passport Seva call centre, they said father not being present is fine, if both parents sign on Annexure D and if I carry his attested passport photocopies it should be fine.

However in the same forum I read somehwere as father having Foreign Passport, we need would need this -
Confirmation of the non-acquisition of British citizenship
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... -06-17.pdf

As you recently applied for your childs Indian Passport did you have to submit that form ?

Much Thanks
Sandhya

chiku1980

Post by chiku1980 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:20 pm

Hi sandhya,
As far I remember from the time I was doing the research the non acquisition of British citizenship certificate is required only if the child is born in uk and you are applying for an Indian passport here in uk... check those forums again you will probably see this mentioned some where.

Since your baby will be born in India I wouldn’t think you would need it.

I had not submitted any such document myself.

arty8in
Newly Registered

Post by arty8in » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:25 am

Thanks a lot Chiku for your quick prompt response.

You are right it is for baby born in UK. But you have reconfirmed this.

Much Thanks
Sandhya

arty8in
Newly Registered

Post by arty8in » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:10 pm

Hello Chiku,

Sorry to disturb you again. But as you applied recently thought would clarify from you.
This is for ROE- COE,

1)I suppose we need photo copies of all pages of passport but does this mean only the ones which are stamped or also the blank pages ? Esp my husband got his British passport last week so its going to be pretty much all empty.
2) Hope marriage certificate laminated is ok ?
3) Do u have the cover letter template ? Esp for the mother as we filling this on Fathers British citizenship. If yes please if u can share. Just to be on safe side.

Much much Thanks
Sandhya

arty8in
Newly Registered

Post by arty8in » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:40 pm

Hello Everyone,

I understand that TB certificate is mandatory while applying for ROA-COE while applying from India.

Please can anyone help us as how to acquire this TB certificate for a newborn baby.
My baby is just 2 weeks old and would my pediatrician giving this be ok ? or is this have to be from UKBA approved clinics ? And would they actually test the baby ?

Please guys let me know how you guys attained the certificate.

Much Thanks
Sandhya

chiku1980

Post by chiku1980 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:40 pm

Having applied for the COE myself I am still unclear in whether TB certificate is needed.

Having said that we had included it with our application.

Our baby was 4 weeks old then.

If you are taking one it needs to be from a UKBA approved clinic.

The doctor will not run any tests. They will just have a visual check and ask a few questions before issuing the certificate.

vasanthkumar15
Newly Registered

Post by vasanthkumar15 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:40 am

Hi all,
I would like to thank everyone who helped me with their suggestions for my baby's ROA application.
My application was successful and got my baby's ROA in less than a week. In 3 working days my baby's application

was processed.My daughter was born in India to a Naturalised British Father and Indian Mother.I hope this will

help someone who is in a similiar situation.I submitted as many documents as I could, but there are no strict

guidlines of what you should and shouldn't submit as supporting evidence.

Timeline for the application was:

Submitted at Chennai VFS: 01/11/2017
Received at Sheffield Processing Centre: 02/11/2017
Application processed and dispatched: 6/11/2017 (received an email)
Received at my place: 7/11/2017

Documents I submitted were:

For my Baby

1. Baby's birth certificate
2. TB Certificate from approved hospital in Chennai
3. Babys's hospital records from hospital in India
4. Baby's Hospital Discharge Summary Sheet.
5. Print out of the Completed online application form

For Parents

6.Cover letter from Father
7.Cover letter from Mother
8.Father's Naturalization certificate
9.Father's British Passport Copy - Notarised
10.Mother's Indian Passport Copy, with UK VISA page and BRP copy-Notarised.
11.Mother's Birth Certifcate
12.Father's Birth Certificate
13.Father's Employer Reference letter
14.Father's Last 6 months Payslips
15.Father's Last 3 years P60's
16.Home Owenershp - Land Registry Document
17.Last 3 months Uitility Bills- Gas,Electric and landline
18.Indian Marriage Certificate
19.Some Photos take when Wife was pregnant, Photos with the baby after delivery
20.Some photos from our wedding.
21.Wife's hospiatl records from the UK for the first 4 months of pregnancy
22.Wifes's hospitale records from India for the last 6 months of pregnancy
23.Hospital Bills
24.Wife's UK GP registration letter from NHS
25.Wife's NI numver registration
26.Wife's UK Poll card copy

Please take photocopies of all the documents inlcluding the photos.All our documents were scanned at the VFS office and all original documents were returned to us straightaway. They only kept our babies passport.They scan all the documents and send it to the UK.

I hope this information would help anyone applying for the same.

I thank everyone ones again for their timely help.

Best regards,
V

arty8in
Newly Registered

Post by arty8in » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:36 pm

Hello Everyone,

ROA - COE application has been successful for my baby born in India.

Baby Born - 20th Oct
Indian Passport Tatkal applied - 3rd Nov
Indian Passport received - 6th Nov
Applied for TB certificate - 7th Nov
ROA-COE applied Mumbai VFS - 9th Nov
Got passport back stamped couriered home - 17th Nov.

So in less than a month of Baby Born we are ready with the paper work :)

Cant thank enough for this forum without which this wouldn't have been possible.
Much Much Thanks
Sandhya

Mastermind13
Newly Registered

Post by Mastermind13 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:18 pm

Hi All,

Can anyone please help me with cover letter please ? my id is email address removed by moderator or feel free to call me on mobile number removed by moderator

Regards
Ar

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:31 pm

Mastermind13 wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:18 pm
Hi All,

Can anyone please help me with cover letter please ? my id is email address removed by moderator or feel free to call me on mobile number removed by moderator

Regards
Ar
Kindly refrain from posting personal contact details on the forum. This is not permitted.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Jinglebells
Newly Registered
India

Post by Jinglebells » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:50 pm

Hi arty8in ,vasanthkumar15 , chiku1980 and senior moderators (Vinny, Cr001 , Amber)

This is Lavika here, can you please help me with Employment & Income section, what did you guys fill in for the below ? do i need to give some £'s for each of them

- How much do you spend each month on living costs?
- How much of your total monthly income is given to your family members and other dependants?
- What is the cost to you personally of your trip in GBP(£)?
- The total amount of money you have for this trip

Regards
Lav

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:51 am

Not sure how these questions are relevant to a CoE-RoA.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Jinglebells
Newly Registered
India

Post by Jinglebells » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:10 am

vinny wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:51 am
Not sure how these questions are relevant to a CoE-RoA.
Hi Vinny,
I am doing an application for my daughter & planning to apply from India & these are few of the questions in "Employment and income section " . When you say how are they relevant to Coe Roa do you mean I am using the wrong application to apply https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/account/login
or do you mean it doesnt matter and leave them as N/A coz she is just infant ?

sorry, if my questions look silly, I just dont want to do the wrong application.

La

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:56 am

You may have the right application. However, the answers to those Employment and Income questions do seem irrelevant to the eligibility of getting a CoE-RoA. I don't understand why they are asking them. To waste time? To deter? To revoke citizenship? Part of the hostile environment?

It's sufficient that the applicant is British without a British passport and not banned from the UK under the under the Counter-Terrorism Provisions.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

Jinglebells
Newly Registered
India

Post by Jinglebells » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:15 am

vinny wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:56 am
You may have the right application. However, the answers to those Employment and Income questions do seem irrelevant to the eligibility of getting a CoE-RoA. I don't understand why they are asking them. To waste time? To deter? To revoke citizenship? Part of the hostile environment?

It's sufficient that the applicant is British without a British passport and not banned from the UK under the under the Counter-Terrorism Provisions.
Hey Vinny, That is exactly what I thought. These questions doesn't make sense :evil:
Anyways I think I will just say N/A for all of them unless anyone has got any suggestions to fill up those questions.

Regards
Lavika

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:30 am

Interestingly, applications in the UK do not have any Employment nor Income questions. In any case, if they were asking about the applicant's Employment or Income, then they wouldn't be applicable to a baby.

ak01
Newly Registered

Post by ak01 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:34 pm

Once ROA is issued ,is there any minimum time period within which you have to bring the baby back in UK or you can bring the baby any time.I am planning to apply for ROA now.but planning to bring them only in september.
Thanks in advance..

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:41 pm

ak01 wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:34 pm
Once ROA is issued ,is there any minimum time period within which you have to bring the baby back in UK or you can bring the baby any time.I am planning to apply for ROA now.but planning to bring them only in september.
Thanks in advance..
Not there is no minimum time.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ak01
Newly Registered

Post by ak01 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:48 am

Thanks for the quick response!!!

ak01
Newly Registered

Post by ak01 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:48 pm

Hi CR001,
I spoke with with immigration team on 02034811736.The lady told that if applying for ROA outside UK,Once you got your ROA,you have to visit UK within 30 days.After that you can come and go any number of time.
I will be getting the ROA for new born by February end(processing time of 15 days i heard at the moment) .since I am planning to bring the new born only after september 2018,is it going to be a problem.I am literally confused after speaking with her.Please help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:00 pm

ak01 wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:48 pm
Hi CR001,
I spoke with with immigration team on 02034811736.The lady told that if applying for ROA outside UK,Once you got your ROA,you have to visit UK within 30 days.After that you can come and go any number of time.
I will be getting the ROA for new born by February end(processing time of 15 days i heard at the moment) .since I am planning to bring the new born only after september 2018,is it going to be a problem.I am literally confused after speaking with her.Please help.
The 30 days refers to an entry clearance visa. ROA is issued for the duration of the passport and is not in BRP format.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ak01
Newly Registered

Post by ak01 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:33 pm

Thanks CR001. Just to get further clarified, once his ROA is issued his first entry to UK can be at any time. Even after an year as a worst case should not be a problem.Is my understanding correct?