ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Minimum time on visa?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Brit Chick

Minimum time on visa?

Post by Brit Chick » Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:18 pm

Is there a minimum amount of time that has to be on a visa before an EU embassy will issue a schengen visa?

My husbands two year spouse visa from pakistan expires in november and I'd like to know when the latest date is that I can go on holiday, as we were ideally thinking of late october but I've now realised that he may not be able to get a schengen visa.

aabhinaav
Newly Registered

Re: Minimum time on visa?

Post by aabhinaav » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:07 pm

Hi,
This is a confirmed fact that schengen visa as issued for the period 3 months prior to your UK visa expiring. I have had a first hand experience with the french embassy where they categorically do not issue visa if you dont have a minimum of 3 months left on your UK visa.

Aabhinaav

Brit Chick wrote:Is there a minimum amount of time that has to be on a visa before an EU embassy will issue a schengen visa?

My husbands two year spouse visa from pakistan expires in november and I'd like to know when the latest date is that I can go on holiday, as we were ideally thinking of late october but I've now realised that he may not be able to get a schengen visa.

mym
Member of Standing

Post by mym » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:20 pm

Technically not, as his right to travel with you within the EEA is derived from his relationship to you, not his immigration status in the UK.

Despite this various embassies may still attempt to refuse to issue a visa, if you fancy a fight, sue them :)
--
Mark Y-M
London