ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa4UK Application Help - Family Details Section

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mazraz
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Visa4UK Application Help - Family Details Section

Post by mazraz » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:15 am

Hello everyone,

I am a UK citizen, my wife is Canadian national. I am applying for her to join me in the UK and live here indefinitely. So the Visa I am applying for is "Settlement - Settlement - Wife" on the application page.

Now I have a couple of questions regarding the online application. These may sound like dumb questions but these have really had me perplexed for a good couple of weeks now. I have completed all the other sections of the applications. However, I am really really stuck on the 3rd section titled "Family Details". the heading of that page is "Spouse/Partner". Assuming that my wife is the "Applicant" and I am her "Sponsor", are they asking for my information under "Family Details" or hers? The reason for my confusion is that if they are asking for her details, they have already asked that information in the previous page titled "Personal Details & Travel History" as well as the first page titled " Passport and Travel Information". If anyone can help me, it would be hugely appreciated. Thanks people!

Here are some of the questions they ask on "Family Details":

Spouse / Partner

What is your marital status? Select your current marital status
Will your spouse/partner be travelling with you? Will your spouse/partner be travelling with you?
Yes*
No
Current Passport or Travel Document Number The number of the passport or travel document
Nationality Nationality as stated in the passport or travel document
Family Name / Surname
(If you only have one name, please enter it here and in the Given Name box) Family/Last Name as stated in the passport or travel document. If you only have one name, please enter it here and then re-enter it in the Given Name box
Does your spouse / partner currently live with you? Does your spouse / partner currently live with you?

Address Details Please enter details of their permanent residential address and contact details. You must enter at least one contact phone number

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Visa4UK Application Help - Family Details Section

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:21 pm

Kindly refrain from posting question in the still-waiting-for-a-decision topic as this topic is ONLY for applications that have already been submitted and members waiting for outcome.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.